What's your MBTI type? [VOTE!]

Take the latest poll or create your poll in here.

the types.

ISTJ
3
4%
ISFJ
4
6%
INFJ
9
13%
INTJ
6
8%
ISTP
4
6%
ISFP
4
6%
INFP
9
13%
INTP
11
15%
ESTP
1
1%
ESFP
2
3%
ENFP
6
8%
ENTP
3
4%
ESTJ
2
3%
ESFJ
3
4%
ENFJ
2
3%
ENTJ
3
4%
 
Total votes: 72

User avatar
Diffractions
Anispace Pro
Anispace Pro
Posts: 1381
Joined: 29 Sep 2012, 09:56

Re: What's your MBTI type? [VOTE!]

Post by Diffractions » 28 Feb 2015, 17:55

They may appear to drift about in an unending daydream, but INTPs' thought process is unceasing, and their minds buzz with ideas from the moment they wake up. This constant thinking can have the effect of making them look pensive and detached, as they are often conducting full-fledged debates in their own heads, but really INTPs are quite relaxed and friendly when they are with people they know, or who share their interests. However, this can be replaced by overwhelming shyness when INTP personalities are among unfamiliar faces, and friendly banter can quickly become combative if they believe their logical conclusions or theories are being criticized.

When INTPs are particularly excited, the conversation can border on incoherence as they try to explain the daisy-chain of logical conclusions that led to the formation of their latest idea. Oftentimes, INTPs will opt to simply move on from a topic before it's ever understood what they were trying to say, rather than try to lay things out in plain terms.

The reverse can also be true when people explain their thought processes to INTPs in terms of subjectivity and feeling. Imagine an immensely complicated clockwork, taking in every fact and idea possible, processing them with a heavy dose of creative reasoning and returning the most logically sound results available - this is how the INTP mind works, and this type has little tolerance for an emotional monkey-wrench jamming their machines.

Further, with Thinking (T) as one of their governing traits, INTPs are unlikely to understand emotional complaints at all, and their friends won't find a bedrock of emotional support in them. People with the INTP personality type would much rather make a series of logical suggestions for how to resolve the underlying issue, a perspective that is not always welcomed by their Feeling (F) companions. This will likely extend to most social conventions and goals as well, like planning dinners and getting married, as INTPs are far more concerned with originality and efficient results.

The one thing that really holds INTPs back is their restless and pervasive fear of failure. INTP personalities are so prone to reassessing their own thoughts and theories, worrying that they've missed some critical piece of the puzzle, that they can stagnate, lost in an intangible world where their thoughts are never truly applied. Overcoming this self-doubt stands as the greatest challenge INTPs are likely to face, but the intellectual gifts - big and small - bestowed on the world when they do makes it worth the fight.
That's a mighty wall of text for a simple test. I can identify with this bit, though.

User avatar
Phenomenon
Posts: 12
Joined: 25 Feb 2015, 09:38

Re: What's your MBTI type? [VOTE!]

Post by Phenomenon » 28 Feb 2015, 18:25

ENFP

User avatar
Mika
Anispace Champion
Anispace Champion
Posts: 3119
Joined: 22 Sep 2012, 18:56

Re: What's your MBTI type? [VOTE!]

Post by Mika » 28 Feb 2015, 18:36

Skysoldier wrote:
They may appear to drift about in an unending daydream, but INTPs' thought process is unceasing, and their minds buzz with ideas from the moment they wake up. This constant thinking can have the effect of making them look pensive and detached, as they are often conducting full-fledged debates in their own heads, but really INTPs are quite relaxed and friendly when they are with people they know, or who share their interests. However, this can be replaced by overwhelming shyness when INTP personalities are among unfamiliar faces, and friendly banter can quickly become combative if they believe their logical conclusions or theories are being criticized.

When INTPs are particularly excited, the conversation can border on incoherence as they try to explain the daisy-chain of logical conclusions that led to the formation of their latest idea. Oftentimes, INTPs will opt to simply move on from a topic before it's ever understood what they were trying to say, rather than try to lay things out in plain terms.

The reverse can also be true when people explain their thought processes to INTPs in terms of subjectivity and feeling. Imagine an immensely complicated clockwork, taking in every fact and idea possible, processing them with a heavy dose of creative reasoning and returning the most logically sound results available - this is how the INTP mind works, and this type has little tolerance for an emotional monkey-wrench jamming their machines.

Further, with Thinking (T) as one of their governing traits, INTPs are unlikely to understand emotional complaints at all, and their friends won't find a bedrock of emotional support in them. People with the INTP personality type would much rather make a series of logical suggestions for how to resolve the underlying issue, a perspective that is not always welcomed by their Feeling (F) companions. This will likely extend to most social conventions and goals as well, like planning dinners and getting married, as INTPs are far more concerned with originality and efficient results.

The one thing that really holds INTPs back is their restless and pervasive fear of failure. INTP personalities are so prone to reassessing their own thoughts and theories, worrying that they've missed some critical piece of the puzzle, that they can stagnate, lost in an intangible world where their thoughts are never truly applied. Overcoming this self-doubt stands as the greatest challenge INTPs are likely to face, but the intellectual gifts - big and small - bestowed on the world when they do makes it worth the fight.
That's a mighty wall of text for a simple test. I can identify with this bit, though.
MBTI isn't exactly a "simple test." It stands for Myers-Briggs Typology Theory (I prefer Jungian type theory [Carl Jung's works]). Research it

Aiolos
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet
Posts: 185
Joined: 23 Aug 2014, 23:04

Re: What's your MBTI type? [VOTE!]

Post by Aiolos » 28 Feb 2015, 18:56

INFP

User avatar
CosmicGrimoire
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice
Posts: 368
Joined: 30 Apr 2012, 18:06

Re: What's your MBTI type? [VOTE!]

Post by CosmicGrimoire » 01 Mar 2015, 09:38

ISFP
--[♚]--

Humanity's Last Hope

Image
OrehCursor wrote:You ever go to a dictionary and look up the term dickhead? you'll see a picture of yourself next to it.

User avatar
Xcorcist
Anispace Beginner
Posts: 27
Joined: 04 Oct 2014, 14:30

Re: What's your MBTI type? [VOTE!]

Post by Xcorcist » 01 Mar 2015, 14:44

Hmm, weird, i have done this test twice before and both got INTJ. Now i did it again and i got ESTJ.
ESTJ STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES

ESTJ STRENGTHS

Dedicated - Seeing things to completion borders on an ethical obligation for ESTJs. Tasks aren't simply abandoned because they've become difficult or boring - people with the ESTJ personality type take them up when they are the right thing to do, and they will be finished so long as they remain the right thing to do.
Strong-willed - A strong will makes this dedication possible, and ESTJs don't give up their beliefs because of simple opposition. ESTJs defend their ideas and principles relentlessly, and must be proven clearly and conclusively wrong for their stance to budge.
Direct and Honest - ESTJs trust facts far more than abstract ideas or opinions. Straightforward statements and information are king, and ESTJ personalities return the honesty (whether it's wanted or not).
Loyal, Patient and Reliable - ESTJs work to exemplify truthfulness and reliability, considering stability and security very important. When ESTJs say they'll do something, they keep their word, making them very responsible members of their families, companies and communities.
Enjoy Creating Order - Chaos makes things unpredictable, and unpredictable things can't be trusted when they are needed most - with this in mind, ESTJs strive to create order and security in their environments by establishing rules, structures and clear roles.
Excellent Organizers - This commitment to truth and clear standards makes ESTJs capable and confident leaders. People with this personality type have no problem distributing tasks and responsibilities to others fairly and objectively, making them excellent administrators.
ESTJ WEAKNESSES

Inflexible and Stubborn - The problem with being so fixated on what works is that ESTJs too often dismiss what might work better. Everything is opinion until proven, and ESTJ personalities are reluctant to trust an opinion long enough for it to have that chance.
Uncomfortable with Unconventional Situations - ESTJs are strong adherents to tradition and when suddenly forced to try unvetted solutions, they become uncomfortable and stressed. New ideas suggest that their methods weren't good enough, and abandoning what has always worked before in favor of something that may yet fail risks their image of reliability.
Judgmental - ESTJs have strong convictions about what is right, wrong, and socially acceptable. ESTJs' compulsion to create order often extends to all things and everyone, ignoring the possibility that there are two right ways to get things done. ESTJs do not hesitate to let these "deviants" know what they think, considering it their duty to set things right.
Too Focused on Social Status - ESTJs take pride in the respect of their friends, colleagues and community and while difficult to admit, are very concerned with public opinion. ESTJs (especially Turbulent ones) can get so caught up in meeting others' expectations that they fail to address their own needs.
Difficult to Relax - This need for respect fosters a need to maintain their dignity, which can make it difficult to cut loose and relax for risk of looking the fool, even in good fun.
Difficulty Expressing Emotion - This is all evidence of ESTJs' greatest weakness: expressing emotions and feeling empathy. People with the ESTJ personality type get so caught up in the facts and most effective methods that they forget to think of what makes others happy, or of their sensitivity. A detour can be breathtakingly beautiful, a joy for the family, but ESTJs may only see the consequence of arriving at their destination an hour late, hurting their loved ones by rejecting the notion too harshly.

User avatar
Mika
Anispace Champion
Anispace Champion
Posts: 3119
Joined: 22 Sep 2012, 18:56

Re: What's your MBTI type? [VOTE!]

Post by Mika » 01 Mar 2015, 14:47

Xcorcist wrote:Hmm, weird, i have done this test twice before and both got INTJ. Now i did it again and i got ESTJ.
ESTJ STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES

ESTJ STRENGTHS

Dedicated - Seeing things to completion borders on an ethical obligation for ESTJs. Tasks aren't simply abandoned because they've become difficult or boring - people with the ESTJ personality type take them up when they are the right thing to do, and they will be finished so long as they remain the right thing to do.
Strong-willed - A strong will makes this dedication possible, and ESTJs don't give up their beliefs because of simple opposition. ESTJs defend their ideas and principles relentlessly, and must be proven clearly and conclusively wrong for their stance to budge.
Direct and Honest - ESTJs trust facts far more than abstract ideas or opinions. Straightforward statements and information are king, and ESTJ personalities return the honesty (whether it's wanted or not).
Loyal, Patient and Reliable - ESTJs work to exemplify truthfulness and reliability, considering stability and security very important. When ESTJs say they'll do something, they keep their word, making them very responsible members of their families, companies and communities.
Enjoy Creating Order - Chaos makes things unpredictable, and unpredictable things can't be trusted when they are needed most - with this in mind, ESTJs strive to create order and security in their environments by establishing rules, structures and clear roles.
Excellent Organizers - This commitment to truth and clear standards makes ESTJs capable and confident leaders. People with this personality type have no problem distributing tasks and responsibilities to others fairly and objectively, making them excellent administrators.
ESTJ WEAKNESSES

Inflexible and Stubborn - The problem with being so fixated on what works is that ESTJs too often dismiss what might work better. Everything is opinion until proven, and ESTJ personalities are reluctant to trust an opinion long enough for it to have that chance.
Uncomfortable with Unconventional Situations - ESTJs are strong adherents to tradition and when suddenly forced to try unvetted solutions, they become uncomfortable and stressed. New ideas suggest that their methods weren't good enough, and abandoning what has always worked before in favor of something that may yet fail risks their image of reliability.
Judgmental - ESTJs have strong convictions about what is right, wrong, and socially acceptable. ESTJs' compulsion to create order often extends to all things and everyone, ignoring the possibility that there are two right ways to get things done. ESTJs do not hesitate to let these "deviants" know what they think, considering it their duty to set things right.
Too Focused on Social Status - ESTJs take pride in the respect of their friends, colleagues and community and while difficult to admit, are very concerned with public opinion. ESTJs (especially Turbulent ones) can get so caught up in meeting others' expectations that they fail to address their own needs.
Difficult to Relax - This need for respect fosters a need to maintain their dignity, which can make it difficult to cut loose and relax for risk of looking the fool, even in good fun.
Difficulty Expressing Emotion - This is all evidence of ESTJs' greatest weakness: expressing emotions and feeling empathy. People with the ESTJ personality type get so caught up in the facts and most effective methods that they forget to think of what makes others happy, or of their sensitivity. A detour can be breathtakingly beautiful, a joy for the family, but ESTJs may only see the consequence of arriving at their destination an hour late, hurting their loved ones by rejecting the notion too harshly.
Study the Jungian cognitive functions, good sir. That is how you properly type yourself. Do you use the dominant/auxiliary functions of the INTJ or the ESTJ or another type the most daily? Do the tertiary/inferior functions you'd be using as that type make sense for your daily usage?

INTJ: Ni (dominant) Te (auxiliary) Fi (tertiary) Se (inferior)
ESTJ: Te (dominant) Si (auxiliary) Ne (tertiary) Fi (inferior)

Understanding the 8 Cognitive Functions (Jungian Type Theory [MBTI])

User avatar
Xcorcist
Anispace Beginner
Posts: 27
Joined: 04 Oct 2014, 14:30

Re: What's your MBTI type? [VOTE!]

Post by Xcorcist » 01 Mar 2015, 14:57

Seth wrote:
Xcorcist wrote:Hmm, weird, i have done this test twice before and both got INTJ. Now i did it again and i got ESTJ.
ESTJ STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES

ESTJ STRENGTHS

Dedicated - Seeing things to completion borders on an ethical obligation for ESTJs. Tasks aren't simply abandoned because they've become difficult or boring - people with the ESTJ personality type take them up when they are the right thing to do, and they will be finished so long as they remain the right thing to do.
Strong-willed - A strong will makes this dedication possible, and ESTJs don't give up their beliefs because of simple opposition. ESTJs defend their ideas and principles relentlessly, and must be proven clearly and conclusively wrong for their stance to budge.
Direct and Honest - ESTJs trust facts far more than abstract ideas or opinions. Straightforward statements and information are king, and ESTJ personalities return the honesty (whether it's wanted or not).
Loyal, Patient and Reliable - ESTJs work to exemplify truthfulness and reliability, considering stability and security very important. When ESTJs say they'll do something, they keep their word, making them very responsible members of their families, companies and communities.
Enjoy Creating Order - Chaos makes things unpredictable, and unpredictable things can't be trusted when they are needed most - with this in mind, ESTJs strive to create order and security in their environments by establishing rules, structures and clear roles.
Excellent Organizers - This commitment to truth and clear standards makes ESTJs capable and confident leaders. People with this personality type have no problem distributing tasks and responsibilities to others fairly and objectively, making them excellent administrators.
ESTJ WEAKNESSES

Inflexible and Stubborn - The problem with being so fixated on what works is that ESTJs too often dismiss what might work better. Everything is opinion until proven, and ESTJ personalities are reluctant to trust an opinion long enough for it to have that chance.
Uncomfortable with Unconventional Situations - ESTJs are strong adherents to tradition and when suddenly forced to try unvetted solutions, they become uncomfortable and stressed. New ideas suggest that their methods weren't good enough, and abandoning what has always worked before in favor of something that may yet fail risks their image of reliability.
Judgmental - ESTJs have strong convictions about what is right, wrong, and socially acceptable. ESTJs' compulsion to create order often extends to all things and everyone, ignoring the possibility that there are two right ways to get things done. ESTJs do not hesitate to let these "deviants" know what they think, considering it their duty to set things right.
Too Focused on Social Status - ESTJs take pride in the respect of their friends, colleagues and community and while difficult to admit, are very concerned with public opinion. ESTJs (especially Turbulent ones) can get so caught up in meeting others' expectations that they fail to address their own needs.
Difficult to Relax - This need for respect fosters a need to maintain their dignity, which can make it difficult to cut loose and relax for risk of looking the fool, even in good fun.
Difficulty Expressing Emotion - This is all evidence of ESTJs' greatest weakness: expressing emotions and feeling empathy. People with the ESTJ personality type get so caught up in the facts and most effective methods that they forget to think of what makes others happy, or of their sensitivity. A detour can be breathtakingly beautiful, a joy for the family, but ESTJs may only see the consequence of arriving at their destination an hour late, hurting their loved ones by rejecting the notion too harshly.
Study the Jungian cognitive functions, good sir. That is how you properly type yourself. Do you use the dominant/auxiliary functions of the INTJ or the ESTJ or another type the most daily? Do the tertiary/inferior functions you'd be using as that type make sense for your daily usage?

INTJ: Ni (dominant) Te (auxiliary) Fi (tertiary) Se (inferior)
ESTJ: Te (dominant) Si (auxiliary) Ne (tertiary) Fi (inferior)

Understanding the 8 Cognitive Functions (Jungian Type Theory [MBTI])
I guess i just took a little more time with every question, which i didn't with the other two. But studying the link you just provided me, gave me clearity that i actually am an ESTJ type. Thank you good sir.
It's always interesting to see that just a simple personality test can be so spot on. Ofcourse not everything matches, but most of it does, which is still impressive.

It makes you wonder if people really can be put in several boxes of personalities and that everyone isn't as unique as they think they are.

User avatar
EtherealStarlight
Global moderators
Global moderators
Posts: 4035
Joined: 21 Mar 2012, 19:20

Re: What's your MBTI type? [VOTE!]

Post by EtherealStarlight » 01 Mar 2015, 14:58

I'd love it if the INFPs revealed themselves to meeee. :3

User avatar
Mika
Anispace Champion
Anispace Champion
Posts: 3119
Joined: 22 Sep 2012, 18:56

Re: What's your MBTI type? [VOTE!]

Post by Mika » 01 Mar 2015, 15:00

Xcorcist wrote:
Seth wrote:
Xcorcist wrote:Hmm, weird, i have done this test twice before and both got INTJ. Now i did it again and i got ESTJ.
ESTJ STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES

ESTJ STRENGTHS

Dedicated - Seeing things to completion borders on an ethical obligation for ESTJs. Tasks aren't simply abandoned because they've become difficult or boring - people with the ESTJ personality type take them up when they are the right thing to do, and they will be finished so long as they remain the right thing to do.
Strong-willed - A strong will makes this dedication possible, and ESTJs don't give up their beliefs because of simple opposition. ESTJs defend their ideas and principles relentlessly, and must be proven clearly and conclusively wrong for their stance to budge.
Direct and Honest - ESTJs trust facts far more than abstract ideas or opinions. Straightforward statements and information are king, and ESTJ personalities return the honesty (whether it's wanted or not).
Loyal, Patient and Reliable - ESTJs work to exemplify truthfulness and reliability, considering stability and security very important. When ESTJs say they'll do something, they keep their word, making them very responsible members of their families, companies and communities.
Enjoy Creating Order - Chaos makes things unpredictable, and unpredictable things can't be trusted when they are needed most - with this in mind, ESTJs strive to create order and security in their environments by establishing rules, structures and clear roles.
Excellent Organizers - This commitment to truth and clear standards makes ESTJs capable and confident leaders. People with this personality type have no problem distributing tasks and responsibilities to others fairly and objectively, making them excellent administrators.
ESTJ WEAKNESSES

Inflexible and Stubborn - The problem with being so fixated on what works is that ESTJs too often dismiss what might work better. Everything is opinion until proven, and ESTJ personalities are reluctant to trust an opinion long enough for it to have that chance.
Uncomfortable with Unconventional Situations - ESTJs are strong adherents to tradition and when suddenly forced to try unvetted solutions, they become uncomfortable and stressed. New ideas suggest that their methods weren't good enough, and abandoning what has always worked before in favor of something that may yet fail risks their image of reliability.
Judgmental - ESTJs have strong convictions about what is right, wrong, and socially acceptable. ESTJs' compulsion to create order often extends to all things and everyone, ignoring the possibility that there are two right ways to get things done. ESTJs do not hesitate to let these "deviants" know what they think, considering it their duty to set things right.
Too Focused on Social Status - ESTJs take pride in the respect of their friends, colleagues and community and while difficult to admit, are very concerned with public opinion. ESTJs (especially Turbulent ones) can get so caught up in meeting others' expectations that they fail to address their own needs.
Difficult to Relax - This need for respect fosters a need to maintain their dignity, which can make it difficult to cut loose and relax for risk of looking the fool, even in good fun.
Difficulty Expressing Emotion - This is all evidence of ESTJs' greatest weakness: expressing emotions and feeling empathy. People with the ESTJ personality type get so caught up in the facts and most effective methods that they forget to think of what makes others happy, or of their sensitivity. A detour can be breathtakingly beautiful, a joy for the family, but ESTJs may only see the consequence of arriving at their destination an hour late, hurting their loved ones by rejecting the notion too harshly.
Study the Jungian cognitive functions, good sir. That is how you properly type yourself. Do you use the dominant/auxiliary functions of the INTJ or the ESTJ or another type the most daily? Do the tertiary/inferior functions you'd be using as that type make sense for your daily usage?

INTJ: Ni (dominant) Te (auxiliary) Fi (tertiary) Se (inferior)
ESTJ: Te (dominant) Si (auxiliary) Ne (tertiary) Fi (inferior)

Understanding the 8 Cognitive Functions (Jungian Type Theory [MBTI])
I guess i just took a little more time with every question, which i didn't with the other two. But studying the link you just provided me, gave me clearity that i actually am an ESTJ type. Thank you good sir.
It's always interesting to see that just a simple personality test can be so spot on. Ofcourse not everything matches, but most of it does, which is still impressive.

It makes you wonder if people really can be put in several boxes of personalities and that everyone isn't as unique as they think they are.
You're welcome. And no, boxing the human psyche in with MBTI's limited definitions I disagree with. The human brain/psyche is highly complex. MBTI only scratches the surface of human psychology, not even including neuroscientific study. There are still many questions about the human brain and psyche that we are further delving into as time goes by. The human brain is probably one of the most fascinating things to me in existence as we know it.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest