Rantlantis

The title says it all. Post random stuff here.

Moderator: xNyctophilia

Mika
Anispace Champion
Anispace Champion

Re: Rantlantis

Post by Mika » 13 Dec 2016, 12:42

Saphire wrote:
Seth wrote:These are not my words but boy do I agree with them.

"240 something people I know on Facebook. Most of them I thought were good friends from high school... Christmas Day, I Facebooked them all and I'm like, 'Hey! It's Christmas! I haven't talked to some of y'all in over 20 years. Here's my number. Call me. Let's have a conversation.' Nobody. And I posted that thing over and over Christmas Day. Nobody! And I'm talking people that asked me to be their friend. 'Oh, so and so wants you to be their friend.' Well I know this person from high school. Sure, I'll be their friend.

It means people don't want relationships no more. They're so into their internet, and so into their Facebook. This is their idol. Internet's become an idol man. It's like... people don't want relationships. Even a girl, my high school sweetheart... I hooked up with her on Facebook, contacted her. 'Hey man, let's meet.' Well she gave me her number, she's like, 'Well look, just text me. I really don't have time for conversations no more.' She'd rather text back and forth for two hours. Texting, back and forth. Instead of having a ten minute conversation that could have summed it all up.'"
Yo I feel the opposite. I feel like texting is too slow for me sometimes, so I'd rather have all my closest friends on Skype so that I can talk to them in a Skype call. This is also why I don't talk to people on Anispace much, I don't really like texting always.. lol.
Voice calling is nice and all, but I think the guy I quoted was referring more to like actual IRL contact and real relationship building that way. Skype is still on the internet and he's preaching how his and our generation is on the internet too much and doesn't care for relationships. I'm sure the guy would appreciate a voice call like on the phone/Skype etc, but I think he's moreover wanting IRL relationship with others hence why the first thing he said to his high school sweetheart was "Let's meet up." In the video he spoke out in he was going on a tirade about how people are so absorbed into the internet & their cell phones and ignore people around them etc.

Temperance
Anispace Beginner

Post by Temperance » 15 Dec 2016, 02:36

Wild Pokemon: *Confused*
Wild Pokemon: *By next turn recovers from confusion*

My Pokemon: *confused for 5 turns, and even hit itself*

Dilemma
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by Dilemma » 15 Dec 2016, 02:45

Seraph a.k.a. [email protected] is one cancerous bìtch! She got outsmarted by Andrew, and the admins had to help her get her account back.
Last edited by Dilemma on 19 Dec 2016, 06:59, edited 1 time in total.
'Peace, Love and Positivity.'

Temperance
Anispace Beginner

Post by Temperance » 15 Dec 2016, 02:55

Dilemma wrote:
Temperance wrote:Wild Pokemon: *Confused*

I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL.
That literally happens to me all the time, it's annoying e.e
<3
I don't know whats worse, the confusion or the sand attacks.

Chero
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet

Post by Chero » 15 Dec 2016, 03:02

WHY TF DOES IT HAVE TO BE THIS COLD EJSNHKHKDWNHX

Tray
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by Tray » 15 Dec 2016, 05:07

Temperance wrote:Wild Pokemon: *Confused*

Sounds like me when I'm trying to flirt.

[2:26:45 AM] phillip: If we all lived by your standards we'd be dead

Saphire
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet

Post by Saphire » 17 Dec 2016, 08:39

Seth wrote:
Saphire wrote:
Seth wrote:These are not my words but boy do I agree with them.

"240 something people I know on Facebook. Most of them I thought were good friends from high school... Christmas Day, I Facebooked them all and I'm like, 'Hey! It's Christmas! I haven't talked to some of y'all in over 20 years. Here's my number. Call me. Let's have a conversation.' Nobody. And I posted that thing over and over Christmas Day. Nobody! And I'm talking people that asked me to be their friend. 'Oh, so and so wants you to be their friend.' Well I know this person from high school. Sure, I'll be their friend.

It means people don't want relationships no more. They're so into their internet, and so into their Facebook. This is their idol. Internet's become an idol man. It's like... people don't want relationships. Even a girl, my high school sweetheart... I hooked up with her on Facebook, contacted her. 'Hey man, let's meet.' Well she gave me her number, she's like, 'Well look, just text me. I really don't have time for conversations no more.' She'd rather text back and forth for two hours. Texting, back and forth. Instead of having a ten minute conversation that could have summed it all up.'"
Yo I feel the opposite. I feel like texting is too slow for me sometimes, so I'd rather have all my closest friends on Skype so that I can talk to them in a Skype call. This is also why I don't talk to people on Anispace much, I don't really like texting always.. lol.
Voice calling is nice and all, but I think the guy I quoted was referring more to like actual IRL contact and real relationship building that way. Skype is still on the internet and he's preaching how his and our generation is on the internet too much and doesn't care for relationships. I'm sure the guy would appreciate a voice call like on the phone/Skype etc, but I think he's moreover wanting IRL relationship with others hence why the first thing he said to his high school sweetheart was "Let's meet up." In the video he spoke out in he was going on a tirade about how people are so absorbed into the internet & their cell phones and ignore people around them etc.
I wasn't exactly comparing myself completely to the other guy, I understood what he meant and was just saying I feel somewhat the same way. I think talking to people voice to voice is harder than texting. I used to be really shy (like Hinata shy-) and would always prefer texting, because it gave me more time to assemble my thoughts. Now that I actually /talk/ to people, it's helped me become better at social situations irl, which I do still have. I'm having a party this weekend with a lot of friends. owo

Emiya
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by Emiya » 17 Dec 2016, 11:32

All new all different marvel is pure garbage. Who ever wrote this atrocity should be banned from writing comic books period. :/

Mika
Anispace Champion
Anispace Champion

Post by Mika » 19 Dec 2016, 18:22

Sometimes I see so many of my friends on Facebook and so many people talking about depression, alcohol addiction, and all these issues. Like damn it feels like this IS the zombie apocalypse: 99% of the human population having all these mental/emotional issues they can't get over. Am I the only one who has a reasonably positive, non-toxic grip on life?

Like I'm not trying to be offensive. Depression runs in my family I'm no stranger to mental illness and the neurological/psychological processes. But damn at least I feel emotionally/mentally available to be in healthy friendships and relationships. Where the others at? I'm not trying to belittle what others are going through. All pain is equally important and everyone has a story. I see that. But there is another process to put yourself through which is forgiving, moving on, learning the lessons to be learned from the pain...

My life isn't perfect either and once in a blue moon my depression comes back. But I find my happiness in life. I feel confident that I can maintain healthy, happy friendships and a relationship. But nearly everyone I meet is emotionally/mentally unavailable and has all this baggage so it just has me wondering what's going on and where the reasonably healthy people are.

Mika
Anispace Champion
Anispace Champion

Post by Mika » 28 Jan 2017, 17:19

When someone keeps commenting on your profile with their profile comments disabled