Rantlantis

The title says it all. Post random stuff here.

Moderator: xNyctophilia

Diffractions
Anispace Pro
Anispace Pro

Rantlantis

Post by Diffractions » 01 Mar 2014, 12:19

Rant: A seemingly endless, passionate discourse; usually resulting in ramblings and repeated nonsense.

This is a general rants threads, thus your rant is entitled to the freedom of topic. (Ex. School, video-games, politics, anime, television shows, society, so on.)

Hello, Anividers! Have a topic you've been itching to write excessively about? Want to relieve your pent-up frustrations, complain, vent, or express your admiration/appreciation for something? Here's the place to do so!

Rules and reminders.
- Your posts will follow Anivide's Rules and Guidelines:
- Keep profanity to a bare minimum.
- Keep your posts PG-13.
- Rants bashing and/or insulting other Anivide members will be deleted.
- Refrain from voicing your opinion on another user's rant as this can easily lead to arguments. (Unless you absolutely agree and have a rant that relates)
- If you are adding large images to your rant, place them under a spoiler.

Note: Any posts that do not abide by the rules will be removed without question.

Example of a rant:

I've never been fond of the way high-school 'education' works. During those four wonderful years, we're forced to wake up before the sun's even up (that's not illegal yet, so thanks Obama) and for what? First thing every morning, you have to make your way through the masses of loud, prepubescent teenagers who think they're the hottest thing to ever walk this planet. First class of the day is always run by the most needy teachers who expect you to put all your energy into the work they give out. Uh, no. I have about eight more classes after yours and need to save up energy. And let's not forget the ones with P.E as their first class. It is 8 o'clock in the morning. I do not have the energy for your exigency, dear teachers.

Back in my high-school days, we had this brilliant thing called EOCs, or End of Course Exams. I'm sorry, but you mean to say that all my hard work for those entire two semesters accounts for nothing if I fail the EOC? So.. The EOC is worth 70% of our course grade and you're not even going to give me a study guide? Please, introduce me to someone who remembers what they learned in a 45 minute class six months ago and I will completely stop thinking I'm smart. Standardized tests suck. You're not allowed to think outside of the box and three wrong answers can completely obliterate that A you worked hard for.

Writing prompts in creative writing classes? This so called "education" is not only stealing over half of my day, but it's also forcing me to write and have an opinion on topics I honestly couldn't care less about. So, yeah, you write the essay for the sake of your grade, and then what happens? You end up with a less than decent score because your ideas "sucked". They made you write about something of THEIR choice, only to judge YOUR ideas. Mind you that these "writing" classes are meant to bring out the writer in students, but instead those classes are ruining the passion for writing in many of these kids. Give me a crap topic and expect a crap essay. How am I supposed to build a stable house out of twigs alone?

There is almost no way of balancing school, proper sleep, and a social life. If I want to get enough rest, that means I'd take naps in the afternoon once I arrive home from school, or sleep earlier. Sleeping earlier means less time for homework, less time to do things I enjoy, and less time for things I don't enjoy (like say, HOMEWORK). If I want to hang out with friends or go out, I won't have enough time to sleep or do homework. Also, forget about the possibility of a part-time job to gain experience in the real world when your hours are extremely limited.

I found myself having to cut this rant waaay down because the amount of things I dislike about school is tremendous. High-school classes should all be electives, with the exception of maybe one or two. If you're going to teach me useless things at least let it be relevant to my interests.

Last edited by Diffractions on 02 Mar 2014, 09:41, edited 3 times in total.

xOneLovex
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Rant: Why I dislike easy type characters / button mashers

Post by xOneLovex » 01 Mar 2014, 23:50

My very own personal rant about fighting game characters, and button mashers that tend to get every hit in your life bar that doesn't make the most logic sense in history! I mean, whenever I find myself going against other competitors online and have to deal with button mashers while some of the easiest characters in certain fighting games tend to be extremely dangerous. In my own opinion, I could start a huge rant list about Persona 4 Arena's S tier list. Oh well, might as well start now!

Example:

Take Mitsuru for example in arena, she is seriously damn good in this game and could eat up a lot of health as tricking you into a fatal counter. She can obviously restrict you at a corner, if not too careful and cannot forget she can be very, very easy to use for beginners. Merely 1 or two buttons can be used for her and you can instantly become pro, no problem! One of the higher up players can show us useful tactics to take her down, but, she can still be very dangerous amongest higher players.

Next character has to be no other than Yu Narukami, the best swagonist! I mean, this guy is definitely up there with Mitsuru, Aigis. He's obviously one of the characters that you can obviously use in battle like Mitsuru. Instead, he's more of a cooperate type with his persona, make him totally invincible against his corner attacks. Not to mention his raging lion is so damn killer, its not even funny!

Out of all these characters, I could go on forever and couldn't possibly forget about Chie. She isn't worth being called an S-tier, though she is my personal favorite waifu in general. Rather she can be annoying if certain users online use THAT ONE tactic, which is so stupid, it shouldn't even exist! Just like Yu's trap.

Now for the second main rant of this topic: button mashers!

Don't you love it when you go online and you meet a lot of button mashers, and can't help but laugh at it while failing miserably? Yes, totally regret underestimating a noob or an experience player who has crappy connection and can mash the hell out auto combos. Simply ridiculous to let fighting games add auto combos for beginners. I know, some of you might say its for noobs to learn quickly than relying on massive long combos to achieve greatness. That's all for my rant for not.. just needed more detail and research.

Theme:
Last edited by Diffractions on 02 Mar 2014, 09:42, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Add spoilers.

Mika
Anispace Champion
Anispace Champion

Re: Rantlantis.

Post by Mika » 03 Mar 2014, 14:15

Rant On Parental Influence & Overprotection

Something that bothers me is when parents force their passions, religious beliefs, and dreams on their children. I am against this notion. The kid should like what they want to like without parental influence. Let the kid dream -their- dreams, believe in what -they- believe in without wrongful influence.

It's these same parents who'd come to me and say "Well it's my kid and I can parent them however I want." Excuse you. Your kid isn't a piece of property that you own. It's a separate, individual life that needs to be respected and given full freedom. Freedom of personal interest, freedom of passion/love/dream development, freedom of religious beliefs. Let the kid become an individual member of society and not a clone. Let old ways die and the new to come in to learn and improve from the old for the betterment of all things as the cycle of life would have it so that history does not repeat itself. Don't interfere with this cycle. Respect others' personal loves, dreams, and beliefs.

And finally, do not overprotect your child. Overprotecting your child will bring dire consequences in their later lives. Life is not wearing body pillows and a helmet before going outside. Life is trial and error. Reality is not fluffy clouds and happiness. Do not interfere with -this- natural process, either. Let the kid make mistakes and learn from them. We learn best from trial and error. Let the kid see this world for how it is - the darkness and the light. There are important things to be gained from the darkness and the light in this life such as enlightenment/wisdom, appreciation, and strength. That's life.

*Side note - Keep in mind that I am no absolutist. Not -all- influence from parents is wrong, however most of it I see is. Feel free to bring up anything you may be questioning or disagreeing with me on and I can address you and explain my thought process, rationalizations, and feelings here.

quintessential
Anispace Beginner

Post by quintessential » 05 Mar 2014, 19:27

first i just want to say thank you lol because i was literally thinking of looking for a thread that would be similar to this one and i like the name so well done lol ummm, today's rant will be about...(as i plan on ranting here as often as i get the chance lol) death.
growing up i couldn't really understand the sadness that flows into your heart and mind when someone you find dear passes away. I don't know if the reason was that i couldn't fully comprehend the meaning of the word "death" or the parting and longing for that person that comes with it. There is the chance that i'm just slow, because to be honest when something happens that is completely unexpected i take some time to absorb it and with death...time really isn't a huge factor? i mean how can time be given in a way that will help me be less shocked or less heart broken over the dear person i've lost?
Another thing i used to hear alot and couldn't understand or relate to it until a bit recently is the saying "the good die young" i found it completely contradicting to the saying that goes "good things come to those who wait" which brings me to the other saying "bad things happen to good people sometimes" i don't know why i assumed that they would be connected and it used to make me so angry just trying to think of it. I've learned that the good don't just die young, they truly affect this life in a way that it seems unfair at times. who isn't sad over a good human who lived their life contently bringing nothing but good memories and smiles to those who think of them or any amount of time spent with them? or even just hearing about someone who dies that you grew up to love just from how much the people you love, love them? it's heartbreaking. to be honest i've stopped crying over the loved ones i've lost and who've passed away, don't ask me why, i have no idea. i just seem to never be able to just cry and have my complete share of letting it out, letting my anger at the world out, my sorrow for their departure out, my heart ache to see my loved ones in pain from that someone's absence... believe it or not that's not the part that's bothering me. What's bothering me is that i've found myself adopting a habit, a habit of avoiding thinking of the situation, call it running away, it's like being high on any kind of happy thought that will keep me going while sweeping away that awful event somewhere far away at the back of my head. I have already a plate full of things to deal with and i guess my excuse is that i'm scared of opening up that black file of sorrow that i won't be able to find a way to have it closed once and for all so i just keep piling them on top of each other somewhere where i can just think of momentarily and then avoid again. I'm not sure if it's affecting me more than i'm letting on or even if it might do so in the future. I'm hoping that some time i'll have the courage to get my emotions and thoughts settled so i can start to find any kind of peace both mentally and spiritually.

LadyDaemontus
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by LadyDaemontus » 12 Mar 2014, 20:55

My rant is about how people don't know how the f*** to use headphones.
If I hear one more of this stupid crappy TV show my step sister somehow finds interesting, I will slaughter to f*** out of something. It's driving my head through the walls. She has headphones, why can't she just use them? If I want to watch something, and I can't even use headphones with this piece of crap laptop, I go to my room or outside because the loungeroom is NOT the place to treat it like you own it by playing crappy 'Scrubs' or some f*** medical comedy which even isn't comedy o-e

Oh yeah, to Rotten, you going AGAIN with the Emo rant? jesus f*** christ o-e Might as well choose my weapon of destruction now why I'm at it. I actually liked the remake of Nightmare on Elm Street. It showed the part where Freddy is killed by the towns people.

Now, another rant of mine is about RESPECT. People claim they know respect all because you just do as people tell you, like parents.

No, that's not respect, that's using someone because your a lazy bastard.

Respect is understanding when you've gone too far with another human being, child, biological, stranger, partner or not. If they say no to you touching them, it means no and you stop. My step sister has been made to believe that because someone is related to her, she has to put up with people touching her ***. No, she does not. This is wrong and is wrong of her mother to tell her.

Respect is respecting someone else's privacy, personal items and personal space. Parents seem to think that because it's -their- kid that -their- kid doesn't deserve it. I'm sorry, but that's how many parents go wrong in parenting a kid in the first place. There is a huge difference between power play and respect. o-e I could add more to this but I forgot what I was telling mum last night (ha, she actually agreed with most of my points)

Respect is: Courtesy, treating someone equal, respecting their thoughts, emotions, personality and not making them feel 'inferior' to you, not making them feel 'abused' by you, not invalidating who they are or why/how they think or feel. o.e

Ugh.. I hate this world.
:D Gamergate - Gaming - Culture - Lifestyle - Politics - Anti Feminism :shock:
:arrow: Twitter --> https://twitter.com/LadyDaemontus :!:
:arrow: Ask Fm --> https://ask.fm/LadyDaemontus :!:

quintessential
Anispace Beginner

Post by quintessential » 19 Mar 2014, 14:20

new day, new rant lol
when can a person be in the position to actually have the right to be disappointed in someone or to legitimately say that someone has let them down?
can caring for someone so much lead to the point where you set a lot of expectations for them that if they don't meet those expectations then they're letting you down?
and if so, when can your expectations be considered as right or fair? what kind of principles are they built on if you were to set up those expectations to someone you care about? and speaking on behalf of the other party, is this entire set up even fair to them as they have no idea about the expectations that they are required to meet?
is there a way that a person can prevent themselves from feeling something that their brain is logically telling them that they have no reason to be feeling so? whether it's love or in this case disappointment, how do you just shut off those feelings? is avoiding the entire thing considered getting over it? would any chance of opening up to someone about how you feel make it better? or will it prove to be just as silly and ridiculous as you planned it might be in your own mind? we tend to think and overthink about the response and the negative outcome that might occur if we were to take the steps we are doubting, why is it hard for us to see the logical side? why is it hard for us to be able to recognize the right decision or emotion and implement it correctly so that we are able to move on healthy and strong? i don't know if there ever will come a time where i won't be regretting something or wishing that i was feeling or doing something other than what reality is for me...is it even possible for our hearts and minds to work together side by side instead of giving us the famous split decision of our lives?

Oona
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet

Post by Oona » 02 Apr 2014, 22:04

My rant today: Hair length for FEMALES.

You know what I hate? I hate it when boys/men think that you can only be classified as pretty only due to hair length and a few other features I'm not mentioning. Like seriously? That's ignorant. Women weren't created so they could be everything a man wanted and to impress men with looks and work for men. Hell no.

My hair is shoulder-length, and at this point in time, I don't even care if it doesn't grow any longer. It's my hair; Not yours. You should not be concerned about my looks, anyways.

But there are these annoying boys who actually belittle girls who have short hair. "Baldheaded", "You're actually a man", "Go find your hair.". One time I even tried to stand up to one of these idiots, and HE got offended! Like, the hell? You're not the one getting insulted, you're the one doing it. So sit the f*** down, shut up, and learn.

And plus, some people can't help it! Maybe they got a really bad haircut and their hair takes a while to grow back. Some people are current/former cancer/leukemia patients, and their chemo causes their hair to fall out. Maybe they have a relative who had/has cancer/leukemia, and maybe their family wanted to show their pride.

But seriously, grow up! Does the length of your hair really matter in terms of beauty? I think not. In my eyes, hair is HAIR. That's all it is ever gonna be. Hair. It's not like we can't live without it.

But in the end: Short hair. Long hair. Medium length. Does it matter? No. Does it determine beauty? No.
I wonder if this planet will be purified.
Morning Musume. '14, Toki wo Koe Sora wo Koe

xOneLovex
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by xOneLovex » 13 Apr 2014, 05:36

Time for another rant on a certain fighting game character.

Azraeal

Start watching at 10:30 in this video.

The one thing I find funny about this particular character in general is his damage. Really ridiculous that he can do the same move 5 times and bring you over to a corner so easily. After watching multiple videos of professional Azraeal players, its rather interesting to see how easily he can get inside your defense and start executing sick combos along with his overdrive being good. Rather praising this character a little bit too much. I would start bagging on Litchi in this same. She's REALLY good in CP. Especially her mix ups. A lot of players can find specific characters to be buff and more powerful against trashy characters ( the cast). Looking closely at this game, some of the characters look really weak and have to rely on a lot of defense. Much respect to players who use Hazama. A simple character.. tho, i really can't guard all that much. Well... practice does make your skills grow better.

Anyway, that's my rant for now. Soon Litchi, I can tell you will be up next..

Mika
Anispace Champion
Anispace Champion

Post by Mika » 13 Apr 2014, 05:45

Brief rant.

Very many girls wear guy's clothes in society and nobody bats an eye. It's pretty much socially accepted. A guy wears girl clothes in society and he will likely be mercilessly bullied and even physically threatened and tortured. The stupidity people have is gonna have me starting the physical altercations.

Crazeye
Anispace Pro
Anispace Pro

Post by Crazeye » 03 May 2014, 14:40

Okay. I shall rant.

Title: "Quote-y Posts"

Examples:

Disclaimer: I did not cherry-pick those posts, and I did not add them for any sort of defamatory act. They are just examples!

Rant:

So, I've noticed this trend of just quoting some user and posting that thing. It has made me wonder about several things:

• Did he even read the OP?
  • Is he aware of the flow of discussion?
  • Did he even read what he quoted?
  • Is he planning on doing something constructive with that?
  • Why in the world is he not contributing something new?

Those questions pretty obviously appear in any sensible person's mind. Some of the quote-y posts I've seen around are completely useless and are not worth a speck of dust. Honestly, what can re-posting something that already has been said do to further the discussion?

There are times when you need to iterate on what you might have said earlier. It is alright to quote a certain user, or yourself in that scenario. BUT! Quoting is just not enough, because you'll just be stating what already has been gone through! I f you have taken the time to quote something be generous enough to bless the poor soul with a few of your words to strengthen your or someone's point of view.

Ah, then there are those times when you see a quote-y post in the midst of some discussion where it might be irrelevant right off the bat! If you are posting something from 4 pages ago, make sure that the discussion has not progressed from that point. Otherwise your post will mislead the entire discussion, because that point might have been already argued over and rejected. Yet, you bring it back in again; totally not cool.

I'll be finishing my rant here.

Word of Advice: Don't be brainless users who re-post what some other person has posted. Bring in your own opinions, or at least add some value to the other person's opinion before clicking the submit button!

OK, bye.
"When you don't fit in anywhere in the world, what should you do?
Carve yourself to fit the world...? ...Or carve the world to fit
you?!"

C.C.C (Crazeye's Creative Corner)
◕‿◕

My enter key & spell-checker are morons!