Updated Rules for Intro and Farewells..(6-10-2016)

Introduce yourself to the community, or say farewell to everyone if you need to leave for a while.

Moderators: xNyctophilia, RukiaKuchiki

Royalene
Anispace Pro
Anispace Pro

Updated Rules for Intro and Farewells..(6-10-2016)

Post by Royalene » 08 Feb 2014, 08:31

Welcome all the new members of Anispace.
Some tips I would like to share with you on how to make your introduction better.

Welcome new and returning members with the utmost respect.
They are on Anispace to have a good time, welcome them to or back to the community in a respectful manner, you were all new once like them.

Please don't keep making threads if you keep "coming and going".
By this it's meant that don't make a thread saying you are leaving Anispace, then a week later you make another thread saying "I'm back" and then make another goodbye thread and etc. If you do this, you will be warned or possibly banned if need be.

Please, don't make an alternate account just to make an introduction thread.
It will be banned immediately. This place is to welcome NEW people, not to joke around.

Topics may be locked anytime after a week has passed.
After considerable time has passed, introduction and farewell topics essentially become "chat topics". This diverts from the original purpose of the topic. These drawn out introductions and farewells push down topics that are in fact honestly "Introducing" or saying "Goodbye".

How to Properly Introduce Yourself:
One of my "bosses" had once posted a list of useful things you should include in your introduction.I added some of my comments listed in blue. So they are
Helpoemer07 wrote:First of all, I've been noticing that there seems to be a lack of guidelines in introducing oneself... I've been seeing titles that only say "hey!", "well", "heyy", "hi", etc... I mean, at least give a more appropriate title for your introductory threads...

Some basic guidelines in introduction...

1) Use meaningful thread titles...
-avoid using thread titles such as "hey", "hi", etc. as it gives a better impression about you...

I would try to think about a good name that expresses your personality and is original from other intros. I mean seriously I don't like seeing "incubator" names that are so similar to each other that its not interesting. Come up with something creative.

2) Read the rules and regulations of anivide first before ever posting anything...
-there are some rules that might be violated just because you newbies haven't read them yet... Like what they say, "Ignorance of the law, excuses no one"...

3) Use proper introduction...
-post something meaningful as your introduction... you can tell something about yourself, tell how you came into anivide, etc... but avoid using 1 or 2 words worth of thread post... it tells "everything" about you...

I would like to comment on this one. If you are making an introduction PLEASE include some more information about yourself. Avoid putting one line it really shows nothing about yourself we all want to know more if you decide to make introduction.

For the farewell try to put in some positive experiences in. What was the best thing you did on anivide, best person you met, ect.

4) Remember that you're still a newbie...
-respect your fellow anividers... you know you're a newbie, so at least act like one... at the very least, avoid using foul language right off the bat...

5) Add your favorite anime/manga into your introduction...
-this is an anime site... where anime/manga enthusiasts gather... it is therefore better if you can already share something about "anime"/"manga" from the very start so anyone who might greet you might recommend you some series that is worth looking for if ever his/her likes are aligned with the same specific genre... (thanks to Quasar for this)...

Yes add some additional information so you make more users interested and by doing that you can make more friends based on your shared interests.Also what music you like and what movies have you watched in past. This can be helpful.

6) If you've had an account for more than two weeks, don't make an introduction...
-since you're techinally not that new anymore this is self-explanitory. (added by TheQueenofSpades)

• 6.1 Amendment: If you have had no presence yet in the forums despite having an anivide account for awhile, it is perfectly acceptable to make an introduction topic in the forums.
  • 6.2 Amendment: If your introduction topic is detailed and gives a fair amount of insight into your person, it is welcome.

7) (for all members) Please don't post in a thread that hasn't been posted in for at least two weeks.
-seeing as how the newbies have already given their introduction and the other members have already welcomed them to the site, it's best not to dig up older threads. They will be locked if it happens. (added by TheQueenofspades)

No bringing old to life this is called necroing. When Necroing is seen its locked

---I'll add some more later---

Example of a proper introduction.

Title: Hello Good People of Anivide!
Hello, my name is TheQueenofSpades and I'm 16. I like a lot of anime/manga but my favorites have to be Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Gravitation, and D.Gray-man. I've recently gotten into yaoi and have found a new love in it. When I have nothing better to do, I play videogames (Assassins Creed being my favorite). I also draw and write though I rarely show anyone. If I'm proud of it, I will though. A friend of mine (awsomekagome) showed me this site, so I hope I have as much fun as she does. :D Have a nice day.

Another Rule!
If you are not sure that you want to leave or move from the account then DO NOT create a thread. Its is completely okay if you are 100% sure you will move. This makes others confused and when you really decide to leave they may think that this is not for real.

Another example of introduction I would make

Hello there anivide/anispace members. My name is Kira but I am sometimes called Lucid. What brought me here? well this is a tough question to answer. Once I was searching some anime and I saw this site. So I decided to make the profile myself. I also saw some interesting RP games I might want to take part in.

As for my likes well some of the recent animes I watched was White Album 2 (yes it is drama I love fantasy/drama anime) It was pretty good to watch and I found it addicting. I enjoy drawing and reading. Also I like listening to metal (boohoo) and other types of rock music. Recent movies I've seen lets see: Hobbit 2 I am not so good about movies since I prefer readings more. As for the games well the only game I played was NFS and it was years ago so you can tell I'm not too much of a gamer

Have a good day!
Hope to see you all visiting my profile sometimes
Lucid~

There I'm not sure if its good but at least I used some details in there. So I would expect it from all of you. I hope that some of you will read this actually x.x Lets hope you will.

Edit By RukiaKuchiki
Last edited by RukiaKuchiki on 10 Jun 2016, 02:20, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated Rules!

"The more time passes, the more unfocused my eyes get
Suddenly, your voice is in my ears
I’m getting lost because I see someone who looks like you

"

Syrus
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet

Re: Updated Rules for Intro and Farewells..(2-08-2014)

Post by Syrus » 08 Feb 2014, 08:33

I doubt a new user would read this first before making a intro thread, that is if they make one

Royalene
Anispace Pro
Anispace Pro

Post by Royalene » 08 Feb 2014, 08:37

Syrus wrote:I doubt a new user would read this first before making a intro thread, that is if they make one

Hopefully they will I just wanted to remind and add some useful things they can use in intro.

"The more time passes, the more unfocused my eyes get
Suddenly, your voice is in my ears
I’m getting lost because I see someone who looks like you

"

Syrus
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet

Post by Syrus » 08 Feb 2014, 08:44

Applejuice wrote:I don't think anyone is really gonna follow these rules just like they never followed the others. lol

You never know

Eun
Anispace Champion
Anispace Champion

Post by Eun » 08 Feb 2014, 08:45

This should be sticky up and nice updates by the way Kira. :D
Welcome to Hell.

OfficiallyMe
Anispace Pro
Anispace Pro

Post by OfficiallyMe » 08 Feb 2014, 08:56

This is really good. I always look forward to good introductions.
Having trouble adding
music to your Anispace profile?

Click Here!
---
Reach me at user/scientific

EtherealStarlight
Global moderators
Global moderators

Post by EtherealStarlight » 08 Feb 2014, 09:07

I think this will be helpful! I hope new users appreciate it!

animepro88
Anispace Pro
Anispace Pro

Post by animepro88 » 08 Feb 2014, 09:10

looks great to me

helps with trust issues :)
Monster Hunter Generations

Rider
Anispace Pro
Anispace Pro

Post by Rider » 08 Feb 2014, 09:49

The new members really should try to read this before making an introduction