Owari no Seraph

Talk about manga here.

Moderator: RukiaKuchiki

User avatar
Lux
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet
Posts: 183
Joined: 06 Mar 2016, 04:15

Owari no Seraph

Post by Lux » 18 Mar 2016, 22:40

Image

Owari no Seraph

Information:
Author(s): Kagami Takaya (story), Yamamoti Yamato (art)
Status: Ongoing
Current Volume: 10
Current Chapter: 43


Plot:
One day, a mysterious virus appeared on Earth which killed every infected human over the age of 13. At the same time, vampires emerged from the world's dark recesses and enslaved mankind. Enter Hyakuya Yuuichirou, a young boy, who along with the rest of the children from his orphanage, are treated as livestock by the vampires. Even in captivity, Yuuichirou dreams big. He dreams of killing vampires. He dreams of killing them all.
Genre: Action / Drama / Shounen / Vampire / Supernatural

Owari no Seraph chapter 43 discussion/prediction
I really liked this chapter, even if it was mainly just talking with little action, it was a nice rest from the crazy events that took place a couple chapters ago. The character development is getting better too.

Rescue Krul Arc incoming.

Ferid and Crowley in that car - looking fabulous lmao:
Image

LoveAndHate
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet
Posts: 157
Joined: 08 Aug 2013, 15:03

Re: Owari no Seraph

Post by LoveAndHate » 06 Jul 2016, 13:32

....I'm surprised to see this thread dead....
Owari no seraph is quite the popular anime....

User avatar
Mika
Anispace Champion
Anispace Champion
Posts: 3119
Joined: 22 Sep 2012, 18:56

Re: Owari no Seraph

Post by Mika » 12 Dec 2016, 23:03

I just finished the anime and caught up with the manga last week. It is a very emotional anime. I cried during a couple scenes. YuuMika is a precious ship. <3 I hope they come out with season 3 as the manga is still producing furthered storyline ahead of where season 2 ends.
Lux wrote:
I really liked this chapter, even if it was mainly just talking with little action, it was a nice rest from the crazy events that took place a couple chapters ago. The character development is getting better too.

Rescue Krul Arc incoming.

Ferid and Crowley in that car - looking fabulous lmao:
Image
LOL I was like "Wtf?" when Ferid was all like "Yeah I'm gonna go be best friends with Yuu and Mika now. I killed their whole entire family but I'm sure they got over it. :3" This asshole

User avatar
Joker
Anispace Beginner
Posts: 58
Joined: 24 Sep 2016, 01:54

Re: Owari no Seraph

Post by Joker » 13 Dec 2016, 02:34

Usually I don't like Vampire anime or movies that much. But this one isn't bad. I guess I'd really like to count it as a favorite one if they wouldn't have had made the special friendship between Yu and Mika this much yaoi like. Especially within season 2. C'mon! The story and characters are great enough but for sure there has to be much space for fandom stuff...
𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 πƒπ„π•πˆπ‹ 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐏𝐒 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐇𝐄 π‘π„πŒπ„πŒππ„π‘π’ 𝐇𝐄 πŽππ‚π„ 𝐇𝐀𝐃 π–πˆππ†π’.

User avatar
Mika
Anispace Champion
Anispace Champion
Posts: 3119
Joined: 22 Sep 2012, 18:56

Re: Owari no Seraph

Post by Mika » 13 Dec 2016, 10:18

Joker wrote:Usually I don't like Vampire anime or movies that much. But this one isn't bad. I guess I'd really like to count it as a favorite one if they wouldn't have had made the special friendship between Yu and Mika this much yaoi like. Especially within season 2. C'mon! The story and characters are great enough but for sure there has to be much space for fandom stuff...
In the actual anime I don't see how there is anything "yaoi like" between Yuu and Mika. Mika is the only real family Yuu has. He spent his childhood with him and you know what happened to Yuu's family. When Yuu saw Mika again of course he was head over heels for the guy because he kinda just found out the only real family he has left is still alive so of course he's going to want to get Mika back and feel very strongly about doing so. Yuu places his family and friends at the highest value, often throwing his life on the line if it means saving them. And his squad mates are aware of Mika being Yuu's family so that's why I'm sure they were willing to let him go after seeing Mika risking his life to get to Yuu. Yuu's squad even made a pact with each other before those events that they decided to place themselves; their family above the Demon Army so that's why it wasn't hard for them to turn traitor against their other allies to let Mika take Yuu for awhile. Plus I'm sure given Yuu's vulnerable and unconscious state at the time that Mika would at least be taking him to a safer place as they trust he's on Yuu and his squad's side knowing that Mika is Yuu's family.

And in regards to the neck contact Mika makes with Yuu and how Yuu was about wanting Mika to drink his blood, you saw the episode right? Mika was fucking suffering and dying right in front of Yuu because in this anime vampires need blood to survive and you saw how hard Mika was losing it trying to stop himself from becoming a full vampire. It's not exactly like he wanted to do that to Yuu if you heard his dramatic protests; the feelings were one-sided and those feelings aren't even romantic or sexual whatsoever.


In point: There is no suggestion of "yaoi like" things in the anime between Yuu and Mika. Your homophobia is irrational and I'm probably wasting my time arguing it with reason and facts taken directly from the anime. :3

User avatar
Joker
Anispace Beginner
Posts: 58
Joined: 24 Sep 2016, 01:54

Re: Owari no Seraph

Post by Joker » 13 Dec 2016, 12:52

Seth wrote:
Joker wrote:Usually I don't like Vampire anime or movies that much. But this one isn't bad. I guess I'd really like to count it as a favorite one if they wouldn't have had made the special friendship between Yu and Mika this much yaoi like. Especially within season 2. C'mon! The story and characters are great enough but for sure there has to be much space for fandom stuff...
In the actual anime I don't see how there is anything "yaoi like" between Yuu and Mika. Mika is the only real family Yuu has. He spent his childhood with him and you know what happened to Yuu's family. When Yuu saw Mika again of course he was head over heels for the guy because he kinda just found out the only real family he has left is still alive so of course he's going to want to get Mika back and feel very strongly about doing so. Yuu places his family and friends at the highest value, often throwing his life on the line if it means saving them. And his squad mates are aware of Mika being Yuu's family so that's why I'm sure they were willing to let him go after seeing Mika risking his life to get to Yuu. Yuu's squad even made a pact with each other before those events that they decided to place themselves; their family above the Demon Army so that's why it wasn't hard for them to turn traitor against their other allies to let Mika take Yuu for awhile. Plus I'm sure given Yuu's vulnerable and unconscious state at the time that Mika would at least be taking him to a safer place as they trust he's on Yuu and his squad's side knowing that Mika is Yuu's family.

And in regards to the neck contact Mika makes with Yuu and how Yuu was about wanting Mika to drink his blood, you saw the episode right? Mika was f*** suffering and dying right in front of Yuu because in this anime vampires need blood to survive and you saw how hard Mika was losing it trying to stop himself from becoming a full vampire. It's not exactly like he wanted to do that to Yuu if you heard his dramatic protests; the feelings were one-sided and those feelings aren't even romantic or sexual whatsoever.


In point: There is no suggestion of "yaoi like" things in the anime between Yuu and Mika. Your homophobia is irrational and I'm probably wasting my time arguing it with reason and facts taken directly from the anime. :3
I'm not homophobic my friend. I'm just not into exaggerated unrealistic fandom shippings that's all. Each on it's on. Maybe all the Yuichiro x Mikaela lovers made me this 'paranoid'. It's like I said a great story with great characters. But at this point I have to be honest and say I didn't continued with the manga. Just saw the anime yet. And yeah their bond of family feeling is strong. This is why I liked the final at the end of season 1 cause it was very good and emotional set in place. It's just my opinion nothing to take personal. :) :lol:
𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 πƒπ„π•πˆπ‹ 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐏𝐒 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐇𝐄 π‘π„πŒπ„πŒππ„π‘π’ 𝐇𝐄 πŽππ‚π„ 𝐇𝐀𝐃 π–πˆππ†π’.

User avatar
Mika
Anispace Champion
Anispace Champion
Posts: 3119
Joined: 22 Sep 2012, 18:56

Re: Owari no Seraph

Post by Mika » 13 Dec 2016, 12:58

Joker wrote:I'm not homophobic my friend. I'm just not into exaggerated unrealistic fandom shippings that's all. Each on it's on. Maybe all the Yuichiro x Mikaela lovers made me this 'paranoid'. It's like I said a great story with great characters. But at this point I have to be honest and say I didn't continued with the manga. Just saw the anime yet. And yeah their bond of family feeling is strong. This is why I liked the final at the end of season 1 cause it was very good and emotional set in place. It's just my opinion nothing to take personal. :) :lol:
I took nothing personal. You said you didn't appreciate the relationship between Yuu & Mika being "yaoi like" and this is one of your problems with the anime and I called you out on that irrational statement as "yaoi like" relations between them is nonexistent. I only read the manga after where the anime left off so I can't speak for that but I'm sure the manga shows the same thing as the anime does with Yuu & Mika's past.

User avatar
Joker
Anispace Beginner
Posts: 58
Joined: 24 Sep 2016, 01:54

Re: Owari no Seraph

Post by Joker » 13 Dec 2016, 13:43

Seth wrote:
Joker wrote:I'm not homophobic my friend. I'm just not into exaggerated unrealistic fandom shippings that's all. Each on it's on. Maybe all the Yuichiro x Mikaela lovers made me this 'paranoid'. It's like I said a great story with great characters. But at this point I have to be honest and say I didn't continued with the manga. Just saw the anime yet. And yeah their bond of family feeling is strong. This is why I liked the final at the end of season 1 cause it was very good and emotional set in place. It's just my opinion nothing to take personal. :) :lol:
I took nothing personal. You said you didn't appreciate the relationship between Yuu & Mika being "yaoi like" and this is one of your problems with the anime and I called you out on that irrational statement as "yaoi like" relations between them is nonexistent. I only read the manga after where the anime left off so I can't speak for that but I'm sure the manga shows the same thing as the anime does with Yuu & Mika's past.
And here again.
I did mean the fandom. That what the fandom does to the friendship. Not that the yaoi thing is nonexostent. I got it that it is nonexistent. This is why I mentioned the shipping lovers before. I just mean I can't blame them for the moments they have. At least more less than for other fictional nonexistent pairnings. But to ship them is what I don't like here. It's like all the other exaggerated fandom shippings. The fandom is what ruins good stuff for me sometimes. Not the original essence of what's meant or it is about. But if they just would have e.g. an accidently kissing scene like Naruto and Sasuke it would be a big deal again.
Also I said I liked that anime. It's just the fandom that often ruins good stuff for people. At least it's for me.
Since there aren't that many chapters out I should give it a try to continue with the series maybe.
𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 πƒπ„π•πˆπ‹ 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐏𝐒 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐇𝐄 π‘π„πŒπ„πŒππ„π‘π’ 𝐇𝐄 πŽππ‚π„ 𝐇𝐀𝐃 π–πˆππ†π’.

User avatar
Mika
Anispace Champion
Anispace Champion
Posts: 3119
Joined: 22 Sep 2012, 18:56

Re: Owari no Seraph

Post by Mika » 14 Dec 2016, 17:12

Joker wrote:And here again.
I did mean the fandom. That what the fandom does to the friendship. Not that the yaoi thing is nonexostent. I got it that it is nonexistent. This is why I mentioned the shipping lovers before. I just mean I can't blame them for the moments they have. At least more less than for other fictional nonexistent pairnings. But to ship them is what I don't like here. It's like all the other exaggerated fandom shippings. The fandom is what ruins good stuff for me sometimes. Not the original essence of what's meant or it is about. But if they just would have e.g. an accidently kissing scene like Naruto and Sasuke it would be a big deal again.
Also I said I liked that anime. It's just the fandom that often ruins good stuff for people. At least it's for me.
Since there aren't that many chapters out I should give it a try to continue with the series maybe.
Joker wrote:I'd really like to count it as a favorite one if they wouldn't have had made the special friendship between Yu and Mika this much yaoi like. Especially within season 2. C'mon!
No, I'm pretty sure I read no mention of the object of your claim, "this much yaoi like," being the fandom. "They" does not specify anything; it was left to imply that "they" were the storywriters for the anime. If you wish to be understood better, try writing more coherent sentences by properly including an object of your claims. "I'd really like to count it as a favorite one if *the fandom wouldn't have made..." was how you should have written that.

Now in regards to that, it's also irrational to let a fandom of something affect your feelings towards the source itself. You should be separating the fandom as a lot of different people interpreting and enjoying the show in their own personal ways of interpreting or enjoying it and you should be enjoying the anime/manga for how the anime/manga is by itself. I remember OrehCursor inputting logic into the whole Undertale vs Its Fanbase issue. It is foolish to compare. If you enjoyed the story, then settle with that and acknowledge the story was good. It makes no sense to acknowledge the fandom as a negative element to the story hence your own words of "I'd really like to count it as a favorite one if the fandom wouldn't have..." because the fanbase and the story itself are two separate things. It's immaturity on your end if a fanbase can ruin a story for you due to your inability to separate them.

User avatar
Joker
Anispace Beginner
Posts: 58
Joined: 24 Sep 2016, 01:54

Re: Owari no Seraph

Post by Joker » 16 Dec 2016, 00:37

#SorrySeth

for my inability.
Here a with feelings overwhelmed little Yuu to show you how much I care.

Image

Let's do a cut here. Really. And start to talk about the anime/manga essence for what the thread is made for instead of about me. :lol:
_______

Who are your favorite characters?
Do you have a favorite episode?
Since the manga keeps going on is there a story arc you did enjoy the most yet?
𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 πƒπ„π•πˆπ‹ 𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐏𝐒 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐇𝐄 π‘π„πŒπ„πŒππ„π‘π’ 𝐇𝐄 πŽππ‚π„ 𝐇𝐀𝐃 π–πˆππ†π’.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest