Moderator: RukiaKuchiki

RukiaKuchiki
Forum moderators
Forum moderators

Manga Vs. Anime

Post by RukiaKuchiki » 30 Dec 2013, 04:52

Which is better: Manga or Anime?

I like both!
I don't have a preference. I love anime and manga with equal measure. Some anime are brilliant, with amazing artwork and incredible animations. But there are many manga that are just as good, and the manga tends to have more content and details that the anime will leave out. Both have their pros and cons, but I don't think either one is better than the other.

EtherealStarlight
Global moderators
Global moderators

Re: Manga vs. Anime

Post by EtherealStarlight » 30 Dec 2013, 11:37

Great question! I think it depends on the type of person you are. If you're the type of person who's really interested in the story, manga is probably better, but if you like seeing a lot happen (whether that's fluff, or action), anime! Personally, I find manga more convenient just because in the span of one 24-minute anime episode, I could read up to ten manga chapters or something. Chapters are generally short, sweet bites. And, with a manga, I don't need to worry about focusing too much on the subtitles and missing the anime.

On the other hand, things do look better animated and in color... D: What I like about anime, that most people hate, is that it offers an alternative sometimes. Sometimes, they'll change things up in the anime, so you get to experience almost two different stories. (I don't get why people are so snobby about how an anime will sometimes deviate from the manga. e.e)

I think what makes manga "better" is that it is the actual story, which is what you ideally want, but anime is simply more interesting and captivating.

Mirage

Post by Mirage » 01 Jan 2014, 21:23

To be honest, I pretty much always like the manga better. There are some exceptions though. (Such as Mahou Shoujo Madoka for example) I don't know.. Manga just pleases my eye visually more because it's so much more detailed so often and I love tiny little details!

NarutoXUzumakii
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by NarutoXUzumakii » 01 Jan 2014, 21:25

Manga
I wanna die

Asmeric
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by Asmeric » 04 Jan 2014, 21:31

Manga. It's has the original story line, while the anime tends to change the plot a bit. And not to mention the annoying fillers anime provides. But i do like watching moving pictures, too.

Charmer

Post by Charmer » 04 Jan 2014, 21:34

Manga!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I enjoy having a book in hand and having a thorough read through instead of missing some key points that an anime can sometimes skip over or a good moment that couldn't make it into the series.

timidbutterfly
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet

Post by timidbutterfly » 04 Jan 2014, 21:35

Anime.

Manga's are to easy to read. I like seeing it battles happen before lemon a screen instead of seeing if on pages.

Image~ TimidButterfly ~Image

VerneJules
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by VerneJules » 06 Jan 2014, 01:07

I have not seen any adaptation better than its original (the most they could do is be as good as the original).

But people should remember that the original is not always the manga. Many have been adapted from anime, light novels, visual novels, and other games.

Certainly, I have seen that manga that were adapted from other mediums weren't as good as well. Manga that were adapted from the anime couldn't even get as close as how good the anime was (eg. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch, etc.).

So I believe manga doesn't necessarily mean it's better.

InuYasha
Anispace Pro
Anispace Pro

Post by InuYasha » 06 Jan 2014, 01:29

I prefer anime over manga.
Fate - Not to be tamed.

xYusaAnnx

Post by xYusaAnnx » 06 Jan 2014, 01:41

InuYasha wrote:I prefer anime over manga.

So do I.

SCOOBY SNACKS?!