Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic (Manga)

Talk about manga here.

Moderator: RukiaKuchiki

LadyDominatrix
Anispace Beginner

Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic (Manga)

Post by LadyDominatrix » 11 Dec 2013, 11:21

So I got a norifaction from Viz Media stating that they just released the next manga book for Magi :D Anyone is going to get it?

VerneJules
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Re: Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic (Manga)

Post by VerneJules » 04 Jan 2014, 18:26

Renamed the thread for more general discussion about the manga.

Anyway, I have not read the manga itself as I prefer to watch the anime. To manga readers, do you think the anime is doing good as an adaptation?

DarkSun
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by DarkSun » 04 Jan 2014, 19:22

VerneJules wrote:Renamed the thread for more general discussion about the manga.

Anyway, I have not read the manga itself as I prefer to watch the anime. To manga readers, do you think the anime is doing good as an adaptation?

The anime is doing great so far, the only bad thing is that they skip the part where morgiana and the other slave were treated badly or how they were reacting to his abuse so slavery isn't very well portrayed in the anime. Also, they changed something about the arc when our main characters were staying in Sindria.

They never noticed that the mysterious guy laid a curse on alibaba and sinbad so the main reason to conquer that dungeon was due to sinbad being unable to acquire more djinn, preventing the bad guys getting it in the future and helping the tribe living there, bacuse of zagan abducting nearby villagers into the dungeon(contrary to the belief that zagan could heal alilibaba and sinbad).

And alibaba never did succumbed to cursing his fate to the point that amon was turning into a dark djinn, this was a total BS in every way. The rest is that aladdin used his wisdom of solomon to help alibaba and learning that a rukh looking like cassim was slowing the curse inside alibaba. And this is only after our heros were ambushed by the 3 dark metal vessel users ambushed them and saved by their teachers.

ReZisty

Post by ReZisty » 04 Jan 2014, 19:24

I may look for it on google to see what its about

Iznicinatajs

Post by Iznicinatajs » 04 Jan 2014, 19:31

MAAAAGGGGGIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S SO GOOD!!!!!
RottenButter wrote:This thread is terrible and I hate all of you.

VerneJules
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by VerneJules » 04 Jan 2014, 20:19

DarkSun wrote:The anime is doing great so far, the only bad thing is that they skip the part where morgiana and the other slave were treated badly or how they were reacting to his abuse so slavery isn't very well portrayed in the anime. Also, they changed something about the arc when our main characters were staying in Sindria.

They never noticed that the mysterious guy laid a curse on alibaba and sinbad so the main reason to conquer that dungeon was due to sinbad being unable to acquire more djinn, preventing the bad guys getting it in the future and helping the tribe living there, bacuse of zagan abducting nearby villagers into the dungeon(contrary to the belief that zagan could heal alilibaba and sinbad).

And alibaba never did succumbed to cursing his fate to the point that amon was turning into a dark djinn, this was a total BS in every way. The rest is that aladdin used his wisdom of solomon to help alibaba and learning that a rukh looking like cassim was slowing the curse inside alibaba. And this is only after our heros were ambushed by the 3 dark metal vessel users ambushed them and saved by their teachers.
Wow, aren't those quite major changes? Why would they do that? Does that signify that they're going to sway away from the manga once they reach where the manga is?

NoGoingBack
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by NoGoingBack » 02 Mar 2014, 07:50

magi manga is so much better if you compare it to the anime.
"The Only One Who Can Beat Me, Is Me"

Ignorance
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by Ignorance » 02 Mar 2014, 07:53

Manga > Anime, that's an utmost fact.

"So, let me guess this straight, just because some people like myself are fans of the old FUNi dub,
they aren't true fans of DBZ? Ridiculous. Regardless of how "bad" it was, it pretty much got the main plot-points across.

Wishes
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet

Post by Wishes » 02 Mar 2014, 07:55

I've read some of the manga and seen some of the anime
I agree, manga is muchhhh better then the anime
but the anime is still good, not terrible.

あなたが何を望むか?夢や
Anata ga nani o nozomu ka? Akumu ya yume?

NoGoingBack
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by NoGoingBack » 02 Mar 2014, 07:55

Wishes wrote:I've read some of the manga and seen some of the anime
I agree, manga is muchhhh better then the anime
but the anime is still good, not terrible.

They skip so much in the magi anime. =/
"The Only One Who Can Beat Me, Is Me"