Manga Series Completed?

Talk about manga here.

Moderator: RukiaKuchiki

Iskatten
Anispace Pro
Anispace Pro

Re: Manga Series Completed?

Post by Iskatten » 08 Dec 2013, 22:04

According to MAL I've completed reading about 132 manga series, although I'm pretty sure I've read more and only been lazy not to add every series. xD Anyway, a majority of those series are just short ones (from one-shots to up to 20-something chapters), and are mostly shoujo, smut or romance mangas. xD Haven't been reading so many other genres (I should though). Anyway, last time I completed a manga series, it was Shinigamihime no Saikon.

Recently been reading on One Punch-Man.
ImageImageImageImage

KingdomofPassion

Post by KingdomofPassion » 08 Dec 2013, 22:14

I personally enjoy reading manga rather than watching anime. I don't know why honestly, but yes because of that I have finished many interesting series! Especially the short ones that end up having like 3 books (I.E. Puella Magi Madoka Magica). I'm currently reading the Attack on Titan manga and it seems pretty interesting so far! Much more different than what I expected it to be

Iskatten
Anispace Pro
Anispace Pro

Post by Iskatten » 08 Dec 2013, 22:16

SkyGamerNerd wrote:You don't really have to put everything. Only ones that you want to put. Besides, I doubt their are many manga readers. including myself.

I know, I just felt like putting everything in for now, because otherwise it'd feel lacking from my own side if I just post a manga title then leave.
ImageImageImageImage

Iskatten
Anispace Pro
Anispace Pro

Post by Iskatten » 08 Dec 2013, 22:27

SkyGamerNerd wrote:This is actually the first time I completed a manga.
Oh, nice :clap
SkyGamerNerd wrote:Now for Bakuman. Even though the anime version is over. (didn't see it) saw it through a gif.
Never read or seen Bakuman before, heard of it and seen images though. How was the manga in your opinion? 0.0
ImageImageImageImage

Iskatten
Anispace Pro
Anispace Pro

Post by Iskatten » 08 Dec 2013, 22:35

SkyGamerNerd wrote:
Iskatten wrote:Never read or seen Bakuman before, heard of it and seen images though. How was the manga in your opinion? 0.0

Its by the creators of death note, and co-creater making a new series called " All you need is kill". Sounds like a legit title. And my opinion? Very dark, awesome fighting scenes. and you should expect a lot of mature settings out of this manga.

Wow, okay that didn't sound like what I expected out of the manga at all. xD Dark? Fighting scenes? Are you trying to troll me? I thought the series was about a dude making manga lol.
I'll give it a try anyway though, thanks.
Last edited by Iskatten on 09 Dec 2013, 01:21, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage

araragikun
Anispace Champion
Anispace Champion

Post by araragikun » 08 Dec 2013, 22:54

SkyGamerNerd wrote:Has anyone ever finished reading an entire manga series? I have! Recently finished reading Gantz. Very old manga and been addicted to it after the anime version was finished. Would love to see this go further in animation. But damn, a lot of dark things..

Have you ever seen the live action for Gantz..?

On Topic:
Probably one of the series I enjoyed reading was Air Gear, since the anime ended with 25 episodes before I decided to pursue the manga.. then later on, they added a few OVA as a continuation of the anime.. Aside from the fan service, ecchiness and comedy, the battle scene got me going for finishing the manga...
Credits: Chindy Orihara

araragikun
Anispace Champion
Anispace Champion

Post by araragikun » 08 Dec 2013, 23:26

SkyGamerNerd wrote:Not really interested into live adaption movies from anime.

The Live Action was summarize/shortened and the ending were entirely different than the manga.. still, watching it, is worth it IMO..
Credits: Chindy Orihara

animepro88
Anispace Pro
Anispace Pro

Post by animepro88 » 03 Jan 2014, 19:06

Psyren & Gundam Wing
Monster Hunter Generations

ReZisty

Post by ReZisty » 03 Jan 2014, 19:12

Haven't finished any manga series

RukiaKuchiki
Forum moderators
Forum moderators

Post by RukiaKuchiki » 03 Jan 2014, 23:13

Yeah! There's soo many...Red River, Alice 19th, Marchen Awakens Romance,
Shiawase Kissa Sanchoume, Ouran High School Host Club, Nodame Cantabile,
Pretear, Arcana soul, Fruits basket, Shaman king and etc..... :)