Moderators: RukiaKuchiki, tsundere

CosmicGrimoire
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Re: Boku dake ga Inai Machi - "Erased" Discussion

Post by CosmicGrimoire » 16 Mar 2016, 19:20

ruffles wrote:kinda sucks but I'm glad you enjoy it
Why does it suck for you? o3o
xNyctophilia wrote:I'm truly enjoying this anime, actually. The genres are exactly what I'm into, and I think it's been executed nicely. I can't wait for the next episode tomorrow. ;-;
Although the plot twist was kinda obvious with Yashiro being the murderer. He's been suspicious from the very beginning, if you ask me. xD
I'm so excited too ;w; I almost can NOT wait.
it was obvious xD and same for me - the second I saw Yashiro I fuucking KNEW something wasn't right with that guy!!
END wrote:
2 episodes left

with 2 manga arcs left of content....

I dont see the ending going well ;D
i dunno man c,: hopefully you're wrong, but I'll still keep in mind so I don't get my hopes up too high
--[♚]--

Humanity's Last Hope

OrehCursor wrote:You ever go to a dictionary and look up the term dickhead? you'll see a picture of yourself next to it.

ruffles
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by ruffles » 24 Mar 2016, 13:19

okay. What about this show is appealing? I'm asking the fans of this show

Lux
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet

Post by Lux » 24 Mar 2016, 14:28

ruffles wrote:okay. What about this show is appealing? I'm asking the fans of this show
Pros:

+Interesting and engaging story
+Main characters are realistic and interesting
+Many philosophical themes
+Art and animation is good
+Great music

Cons:

-Story becomes a little dull as we enter the second half
-It starts to rush
-Becomes predictable
-Some caracters get very little screentime and don't have character development
-Many things are left unexplained

I did enjoy this show to a certain degree.
8/10 overall.

ruffles
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by ruffles » 24 Mar 2016, 14:36

Luxtis wrote:
ruffles wrote:okay. What about this show is appealing? I'm asking the fans of this show
Pros:

+Great music

Cons:

-It starts to rush
-Becomes predictable

8/10 overall.
I thought that the majority of the cast didn't speak like children at all. I fail to see the philosophical themes, but if you're referring to the blatant symbolism that anyone could figure out if they had half a brain, then I guess it is there. Not to mention the inconsistencies in the gimmicky direction (such as how scenes that take place in the past manically switch between a different aspect ratio to just having a white filter over it, and the overly dramatic sound effects contribute nothing other than gimmicks). But I'm more perplexed by your rating system. You use the word "many" in your last point, which suggests that there were a surplus of plot holes throughout the series (which there are). If the characters lack development and have little screen time, how does one develop a connection to these aforementioned characters? And find them interesting in addition to this? If the story is predictable, how could it possibly be engaging if you know everything that's going to happen? I'm not being hostile, I'm simply curious.

Lux
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet

Post by Lux » 24 Mar 2016, 16:18

ruffles wrote:
Luxtis wrote:
Pros:

+Great music

Cons:

-It starts to rush
-Becomes predictable

8/10 overall.
I thought that the majority of the cast didn't speak like children at all. I fail to see the philosophical themes, but if you're referring to the blatant symbolism that anyone could figure out if they had half a brain, then I guess it is there. Not to mention the inconsistencies in the gimmicky direction (such as how scenes that take place in the past manically switch between a different aspect ratio to just having a white filter over it, and the overly dramatic sound effects contribute nothing other than gimmicks). But I'm more perplexed by your rating system. You use the word "many" in your last point, which suggests that there were a surplus of plot holes throughout the series (which there are). If the characters lack development and have little screen time, how does one develop a connection to these aforementioned characters? And find them interesting in addition to this? If the story is predictable, how could it possibly be engaging if you know everything that's going to happen? I'm not being hostile, I'm simply curious.
I've never really been one to go into deph on these kind of things, so forgive me if I don't give you the exact answers you're looking for.

I rate my anime based on everything it offered from beginning to end, ignoring my personal views. As I have mentioned, it is mainly "some" characters that lack development. By this, perhaps I should have been more clear, I meant side characters. Putting into perspective of main vs side, it's pretty obvious most of the time main character will win as that is the main focus of the show. This is why I could dismiss the lack of development for some characters as it wasn't really about them, but the protagonist himself which I found to be really interesting.

It wasn't until episode 5 and 6 I started noticing some plot holes. Up until that point, I really enjoyed the series and it really did leave me wanting more every week. My expectations never got fulfilled sadly as we reached episode 7 and beyond. Things started going downhill at this point as I mentioned in my cons. Despite all that, it was still engaging to me. Why? Because it has a very interesting and engaging story, which is something you don't see in a lot of anime these days. I truly believe it was a good anime, genuinely unique, well thought-out, well executed, and credible at the very least, despite the flaws.

I don't expect everyone to agree with this, everyone has there own opinion. I'm actually quite intrigued to hear why you didn't enjoy it as much as I did.

Emiya
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by Emiya » 24 Mar 2016, 16:21

Luxtis wrote: I've never really been one to go into deph on these kind of things, so forgive me if I don't give you the exact answers you're looking for.

I rate my anime based on everything it offered from beginning to end, ignoring my personal views. As I have mentioned, it is mainly "some" characters that lack development. By this, perhaps I should have been more clear, I meant side characters. Putting into perspective of main vs side, it's pretty obvious most of the time main character will win as that is the main focus of the show. This is why I could dismiss the lack of development for some characters as it wasn't really about them, but the protagonist himself which I found to be really interesting.

It wasn't until episode 5 and 6 I started noticing some plot holes. Up until that point, I really enjoyed the series and it really did leave me wanting more every week. My expectations never got fulfilled sadly as we reached episode 7 and beyond. Things started going downhill at this point as I mentioned in my cons. Despite all that, it was still engaging to me. Why? Because it has a very interesting and engaging story, which is something you don't see in a lot of anime these days. I truly believe it was a good anime, genuinely unique, well thought-out, well executed, and credible at the very least, despite the flaws.

I don't expect everyone to agree with this, everyone has there own opinion. I'm actually quite intrigued to hear why you didn't enjoy it as much as I did.

I think he hates it because it's not complex and overly thought-provoking.

ruffles
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by ruffles » 24 Mar 2016, 16:22

Emiya wrote:
Luxtis wrote: I've never really been one to go into deph on these kind of things, so forgive me if I don't give you the exact answers you're looking for.

I think he hates it because it's not complex and overly thought-provoking.

nice meme

i'd like to hear you elaborate on why you found the main character to be interesting. personally, i thought that the entire story was dependent on having the cast (particularly the main character) be extremely unintelligent. it seemed as if our protagonist just did things out of pure intuition/impulse and didn't think anything through, which was odd considering the fact that he's a 29 year old in a child's body. Despite the fact that there's a mystery to get to the bottom to, he seemed to just leniently fall into the routine of a child, and there's also some questionable moments that hint at him falling in love with a little girl.
throughout the series, our protagonist never really seems to have any clear motivations, and from the very first episode, he makes decisions which have no logic to them. for example, why does he run away from the cops at the end of the first episode?did he not realize that that would only incriminate him? he made no attempt to keep himself from getting arrested, and he randomly jumps back in time without any forewarning by the end of the episode. forthwith, the protagonist somehow links his mother's death to the death of the little girl, but our protagonist does not create a logical thread that would convince the viewer that he's correct. he see's his dead mother and immediately comes to this conclusion. he doesn't ever seem to have a concrete plan to stopping the killer either. not only is he not strong enough to defeat the killer, but even if he saved the little girl from the killer, that wouldn't have stopped her mother from beating her. also, it could also be argued that simply scaring off the killer would not keep the killer from killing other's in the future. these aren't even all of the holes that i found in his character while watching the series.

the show is directed in an emotionally manipulative manner, as in they end every episode on a cliffhanger to forge this sense of tension which is ultimately fruitless considering that even the fans called the show predictable. in addition to this emotional manipulation, the little girl is victimized through out the show even when she bares very obvious injuries. and to prolong her victimization, she is bullied for reasons that are unbeknownst to the viewer. what the show does is treat it's audience like morons, beating you over the head with overt symbolism (such as violence being associated with red) which makes me question why they even placed symbolic elements in there anyway.
the rest of this i won't argue. it's simply a matter of perspective. i just didn't find any of it compelling.

CosmicGrimoire
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by CosmicGrimoire » 04 Apr 2016, 05:41

the ending whats fuucking disappointing ;3; it was so good and ended like shit.
--[♚]--

Humanity's Last Hope

OrehCursor wrote:You ever go to a dictionary and look up the term dickhead? you'll see a picture of yourself next to it.

youngstar33

Post by youngstar33 » 12 Jun 2016, 19:57

Thanks for the info
โหลด gclub

tomcruzz

Post by tomcruzz » 28 Mar 2017, 23:15

good thing I found this, thanks a lot
โหลด gclub