Spanking: Necessary Parental Technique?

Post your discussions here
LadyDaemontus
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Spanking: Necessary Parental Technique?

Post by LadyDaemontus » 09 May 2017, 03:16

In today's modern world of 'rational' and 'spank free' hipster parenting, is spanking a disciplinary technique that needs to come back in fashion? Do we need to spank our kids more to stop them from becoming under-achieved, spoiled, whiny emo young adults who turn into Crybabies and partake in riots that ruin the integrity of college campuses?

Firstly, let's take the evidence FOR spanking.

From the TIME's article, ''Spanking Can Be an Appropriate Form of Child Discipline'' (Jared Pingleton, 2014), spanking can be an effective form of discipline if the spanking occurs within a properly administered within proper guidelines to deter children from bad behaviors and that spanking should only be for willful disobedience. Furthermore, there is even more evidence suggesting a good old spank is effective in the realm of parenting. According to author/s from Good Parent, spanking can:

--> Make time out punishments much more effective in the short term
--> with inclusion of other parenting methods of discipline, such as the 'Rational' Method, spanking can increase the effectiveness of children's behaviors. Obviously, if provided with a household that is neither passive nor Authoritarian, but a mixture of of both.

--> Spanking is effective with encouragement and rational parenting disciplines.

Secondly, let's look at the negatives to spanking.

A couple of sources that argue against spanking tend to make the same argument where if a child is spanked, it solely enforces authoritarian values and fear. However, one would think that spanking can only influence such behaviors IF the child is raised in a household that contains OTHER abusive/poor parenting behaviors, such as ridicule and lack of encouragement, coldness and lack of affection and isolation/attachment from parents.

So, Anispace, what's your verdict? Were you ever spanked and if so, do you find your spankings were effective to your upbringing? When you compare yourself and how you were raised to those of newer generations, do you see a lack of discipline from younger parents?
:D Gamergate - Gaming - Culture - Lifestyle - Politics - Anti Feminism :shock:
:arrow: Twitter --> https://twitter.com/LadyDaemontus :!:
:arrow: Ask Fm --> https://ask.fm/LadyDaemontus :!:

LostMarauder

Re: Spanking: Necessary Parental Technique?

Post by LostMarauder » 09 May 2017, 06:51

Hell yes it's nessecary.

Kushina

Post by Kushina » 09 May 2017, 08:12

I grew up being spanked and I turned out just fine. When I was spanked it taught me to never do what I did again. I personally think it's effective and should be brought back.
Heck yeah I see lack of discipline. The kids today just care about their phones, sex, makeup and stuff they shouldn't care about until their are at least 16. Some of them are even out of control.

Diffractions
Anispace Pro
Anispace Pro

Post by Diffractions » 09 May 2017, 08:23

Kushina wrote:
09 May 2017, 08:12
The kids today just care about their phones, sex, makeup and stuff they shouldn't care about until their are at least 16. Some of them are even out of control.
I'm sure the kids with straight As and Harvard aspirations would disagree with you. But to answer op, no. Hitting is and will always be lazy parenting as far as I'm concerned.

Wallet

Post by Wallet » 09 May 2017, 08:30

Beat me daddy.

Tyrant
Anispace Beginner

Post by Tyrant » 09 May 2017, 08:43

Yes.
It's not like you're beating them to death with a nailed up bat. They gotta learn that they can't get away with everything
If words won't work, action will
like boi, if my child ever disrespected me in my own house, bet your ass they'll learn that day.

AndrewYi

Post by AndrewYi » 09 May 2017, 09:36

Lol not in this generation. Just take away their phones/computers/video games/etc and they'll be crying as if they've been brutally beaten.

Wallet

Post by Wallet » 09 May 2017, 09:53

Kushina wrote:
09 May 2017, 08:12
I grew up being spanked and I turned out just fine. When I was spanked it taught me to never do what I did again. I personally think it's effective and should be brought back.
Heck yeah I see lack of discipline. The kids today just care about their phones, sex, makeup and stuff they shouldn't care about until their are at least 16. Some of them are even out of control.
"And I turned out just fine"
Lol, did any of us in this generation really turn out just "fine" ?

LostMarauder

Post by LostMarauder » 09 May 2017, 10:34

The reason why children of this generation are so entitled and chaotic is because their parents never had the balls to discipline them. Society has become weak to the point of ridiculousness. And because of this weak society, we have shit like the BLM community who thinks trashing stores will make a difference, radical feminists who want men to go extinct, and the SJW's that's running the whole show. We need "God" or some form of higher intelligence to spank all of our asses eventually.

PapaKippy
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet

Post by PapaKippy » 09 May 2017, 10:45

Beat your kids ass.
They got it coming.
Fuck spanking.
Smack em.
Gets' through to them more.