Is suicide wrong?

Post your discussions here
Diffractions
Anispace Pro
Anispace Pro

Re: Is suicide wrong?

Post by Diffractions » 09 Jan 2017, 19:20

Emiya wrote:@diffractions oh yea killing ourselves will make earth great again :D no more polution corruption and globel worming
Globel worming is the worst. I agree.

Ketsueki

Post by Ketsueki » 09 Jan 2017, 21:01

That's a tough question. Though some people don't even commit suicide because they are too afraid. We all don't know what lies on the other side. The dead people can't tell us what death is like. Those who say 'Imma kill myself because im worthless' or 'Why am i here on this earth? I always do things wrong.' Are simply afraid to really commit suicide.

Suicide is wrong in my opinion because God didn't call for us to go to the afterlife. We shouldn't decide when to end our life. Just means you wasted minutes of life. And what is suicide gonna do? Sure you might say "I wanna escape from all these problems' Believe it or not they will follow you.

animepro88
Anispace Pro
Anispace Pro

Post by animepro88 » 09 Jan 2017, 23:16

it certainly won't send you to heaven

suicide is like self murder, and murder is a sin
Monster Hunter Generations

Brutal
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet

Post by Brutal » 10 Jan 2017, 14:07

Even in the early days of High School I regarded the act of suicide, although fascinating in a morbid angle, to be one of the most pathetic potential aspects of the human experience that one could choose to engage in. My perspective has modified somewhat as do all beliefs do with time, but the ending conclusion is more or less the same: You have an obligation to choose life every time.

If morality played no significant part outside of a nihilistic framework I wonder if one would consider it an empathetic decision when discovering a broken spirit seeking to end his or her life and assist that person in the very permanent act. Would those considering it a "right" for individuals to commit suicide as young as 17, with all their untapped potential and undeveloped minds, simply look upon these poor fellow human beings and simply state: "Here, let me help you die then". Perhaps the elderly or terminally ill have more right to consider it an option.

I have a particularly powerful disdain for celebrity culture but I'll bring up the name Montel Williams because his case is intriguing. If memory serves, the man has suffered from advanced stages of Multiple Sclerosis for nearly twenty years. It is one of the most horrible, debilitating diseases that decays the nerve fibers in the human anatomy. Quickly explained, the disease potentially causes agonizing, ceaseless, unrelenting pain in the interior of the body every second, of every minute, of every hour, of every single day of your existence. It never stops. As described by Montel himself (paraphrased poorly) "It's like a large kitchen knife is stabbed into the base of my foot and it's just there at all times". It only gets worse without significant treatment which basically means you choke down a whole ziploc bag full of pills every single day. Although Williams tried to kill himself only once via jumping in front of a moving vehicle, he survived the incident and ultimately decided that this was foolish and has decided to live and fight this every day of his life.

If somebody in constant, very real physical pain is choosing life, I mean really, what business do the rest of us have even considering it an option? Your over rationalizations and commitment to warped logic is only going to convince you that it's okay to do so (this ain't a personal attack on anybody it's more like me firing a glock at a mindset). In any case, what's your hurry? You've already got an expiration date assigned to you. Better to see the human evolutionary process granted to you out till the very end with the people you care about and who care about you.

DeadMemories

Post by DeadMemories » 22 Jan 2017, 10:14

I don't think it's wrong but if they're caught early and spoken to/given help it can probably even be preventable to most of the cases. My point is everything else that lives in pain we can ultimately end their suffering quickly. For humans, they're expected to live a life they don't wish to and if they don't they're branded 'pathetic' or people say 'it was just a quick way out' So what? Why should they be forced to live a life in pain, be it physical or mental, if they don't want to? Different people have a lot of ways to cope and some can't handle it. I just don't think I can blame someone if they do that or think that it's morally wrong.

Divine

Post by Divine » 22 Jan 2017, 10:18

DeadMemories wrote:
22 Jan 2017, 10:14
I don't think it's wrong but if they're caught early and spoken to/given help it can probably even be preventable to most of the cases. My point is everything else that lives in pain we can ultimately end their suffering quickly. For humans, they're expected to live a life they don't wish to and if they don't they're branded 'pathetic' or people say 'it was just a quick way out' So what? Why should they be forced to live a life in pain, be it physical or mental, if they don't want to? Different people have a lot of ways to cope and some can't handle it. I just don't think I can blame someone if they do that or think that it's morally wrong.
I like you.

OT I agree with this. It's their life.
Last edited by Divine on 22 Jan 2017, 11:16, edited 1 time in total.

Magia
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet

Post by Magia » 22 Jan 2017, 10:26

I don't think it's wrong, but it's quite saddening if someone wants to take their lives away because it's too much to bear and feel like they don't have much options left for them. Sometimes I think it's cowardice, but it's entirely up to them too. Who are we to stop them from letting go of everything.
>> You all need a cure. _overhaul

Tray
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by Tray » 22 Jan 2017, 10:29

Suicide is just suicide, it's death, nothing more to it.
If someone wants to take their life, then let them. I barely see any wrong with it, honestly.
Someone who's dealing with depression, or other mental illnesses/suffering will debate on suicide, obviously. I don't really understand why some people view it as a bad thing, lol.

[2:26:45 AM] phillip: If we all lived by your standards we'd be dead

nitemaredreamz

Post by nitemaredreamz » 22 Jan 2017, 10:42

I dont think its wrong or right. Depends on your out look on life. The perspective of the whole situation.
I mean considering that I am a suicide survivor. Your out look changes.....

eAriChan

Post by eAriChan » 22 Jan 2017, 20:18

Yes it is wrong.
But for some reason it is also right..

:/
:) ❤❤ Ariah Chan ❤❤ :)