Is suicide wrong?

Post your discussions here
Mika
Anispace Champion
Anispace Champion

Is suicide wrong?

Post by Mika » 09 Jan 2017, 04:55

Is it not one's right to decide what they do with their own life, even if what they want to do with their life is end it?

LadyDaemontus
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Re: Is suicide wrong?

Post by LadyDaemontus » 09 Jan 2017, 05:08

The healer part of me says 'Yes' cause morals and life worth living stuff. But the realistic libertarian in me is like 'who cares what people do?'

. - .

NEXT ON WHY I'M GOING TO HELL!
:D Gamergate - Gaming - Culture - Lifestyle - Politics - Anti Feminism :shock:
:arrow: Twitter --> https://twitter.com/LadyDaemontus :!:
:arrow: Ask Fm --> https://ask.fm/LadyDaemontus :!:

Silly
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet

Post by Silly » 09 Jan 2017, 05:12

Yes and no? It is their decision on what to do with one's own life especially in a dire situation. Why have them suffer? Let them escape it and be in peace. But at the same time is it not a sin? Some believe you go to hell for it...
Fúcken' Hell mate... xD

Mika
Anispace Champion
Anispace Champion

Post by Mika » 09 Jan 2017, 05:14

The logic side of me understands that there is no inherent meaning to life, so who are we to determine what the right and wrong way of living is? That side of me supports the notion that one has the right to off themselves as it is their own life and they may do what they wish with it. The emotional side of me doesn't want to see others in such pain, but wants to see them find happiness on our world yet feels a little selfish for this.

I have always seemed to appear in others' lives during their lowest, and I've offered hours on hours of what comfort in the chaos I was able to provide in my past, telling them about what makes life beautiful and worth the pain to me... and I've been through and learned a lot to know what I know and I've tried to share this with those who are depressed or suicidal... but I can't help but wonder, am I being selfish in reaching out to the suicidal to introduce to them a different perspective on life in hopes it may change their minds about offing themselves? Perhaps a different story in expressing compassion towards those who may be depressed, but to those who are suicidal... is it wrong to try to help them?

LadyDaemontus
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by LadyDaemontus » 09 Jan 2017, 05:34

Seth wrote:The logic side of me understands that there is no inherent meaning to life, so who are we to determine what the right and wrong way of living is? That side of me supports the notion that one has the right to off themselves as it is their own life and they may do what they wish with it. The emotional side of me doesn't want to see others in such pain, but wants to see them find happiness on our world yet feels a little selfish for this.

I have always seemed to appear in others' lives during their lowest, and I've offered hours on hours of what comfort in the chaos I was able to provide in my past, telling them about what makes life beautiful and worth the pain to me... and I've been through and learned a lot to know what I know and I've tried to share this with those who are depressed or suicidal... but I can't help but wonder, am I being selfish in reaching out to the suicidal to introduce to them a different perspective on life in hopes it may change their minds about offing themselves? Perhaps a different story in expressing compassion towards those who may be depressed, but to those who are suicidal... is it wrong to try to help them?
I'd say it's wrong to ignore them but if they CHOOSE to not seek help to overcome it and end up taking the leap, than it was their choice. Providing aid and a shoulder is all one can really do. It's up to the other person to either meet you in the middle or not.
:D Gamergate - Gaming - Culture - Lifestyle - Politics - Anti Feminism :shock:
:arrow: Twitter --> https://twitter.com/LadyDaemontus :!:
:arrow: Ask Fm --> https://ask.fm/LadyDaemontus :!:

WhyIsItAlwaysMe

Post by WhyIsItAlwaysMe » 09 Jan 2017, 06:10

Suicide can be used to force people to do things against their own will; manipulate any given situation at the thought of ridding their life, or done for full on attention seeking.

OrehCursor
Global moderators
Global moderators

Post by OrehCursor » 09 Jan 2017, 10:55

Suicide is a selfish act, period.
The winner is the most adaptive one.

Artorias

Post by Artorias » 09 Jan 2017, 11:26

OrehCursor wrote:Suicide is a selfish act, period.
That is such a retarded thing to say, lol.
I'm not going to sit here and say suicide is a good act, but It's far from selfish in my eyes.

It all depends on how you choose to view the whole suicide topic.
I don't really care about the suicide topic, if you want to take your life go for it.

Mika
Anispace Champion
Anispace Champion

Post by Mika » 09 Jan 2017, 11:31

Isn't your desire for the other to not end their lives also selfish? This is an honest question.

OrehCursor
Global moderators
Global moderators

Post by OrehCursor » 09 Jan 2017, 11:42

Artorias wrote:
That is such a retarded thing to say, lol.
I'm not going to sit here and say suicide is a good act, but It's far from selfish in my eyes.

It all depends on how you choose to view the whole suicide topic.
I don't really care about the suicide topic, if you want to take your life go for it.
Your life is not just your own. You don't only live for yourself. You got people that care for you- whether you like it or not. So grow up, be selfless, and fight for the sake of others. The notion of "do whatever you want with your own life" is the epitome of selfishness.
Seth wrote:
Isn't your desire for the other to not end their lives also selfish? This is an honest question.
Nothing good comes out of suicide, period, It's never a solution, just a permanent mistake in response to a temporary problem
The winner is the most adaptive one.