Do looks matter?

Post your discussions here
HatsuneMiku
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet

Re: Do looks matter?

Post by HatsuneMiku » 01 Jul 2016, 13:50

No, because the most important is the inside, because that's what shows who the person is.

Goddess
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet

Post by Goddess » 05 Jul 2016, 15:33

Scientific wrote:Face the Truth. Let's give some honesty around here.
Not trying to bring down self-esteem but I'm just answering the OP honestly.
Looks? Do they matter? f*** yeah they do.
Ever walked in a formal job interview with jeans? Yeah, good luck getting the position. Your attire matters, dress to impress. People will judge you no matter what. "I don't care." Oh okay good for you.

- Hiring manager picks up two resumes, about the same qualifications and skills. One of them is black and one of them is a white guy. Hell he'll pick the white guy.

Ever been in high school? Why are the majority of people attractive? Why do girls care so much about makeup if looks don't matter? Why do people buy expensive clothes? Nose jobs? Braces to fix teeth? Because they don't wanna look like a complete idiot.

Niggas won't give you respect if you wear an Anime Tee in public.
Scrawny, fat, or ugly? Can't be American's next top model. Looks matter in many different ways. It's just the way the world works. Some people take hours in the morning fixing their hair and dressing up to make themselves "look great." For other people to see obviously because they care about looks!

That is why some people prefer white girls or Asian chicks before of their "looks." Why do the cuter girls get hit on more often? Well you tell me. Why do old guys get arrested for slapping a girl's *** but when a woman does it to a man, nothing happens.

Age, race, gender, appearance. They all matter somehow, that's why they created beauty products, if it didn't matter... beauty pageants wouldn't exist and beauty brands wouldn't make any money.

Check the likes on Instagram.
Damn, all this truth hit me like

FOTHER MUCKER!!!

Sanji
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by Sanji » 05 Jul 2016, 15:44

Yes in more ways than one. They matter in real life situations such as if your trying to get a job and such. People will judge you by first impressions. So if you dress like a slob, they'll assume your a lazy coach potato or something. If you dress like a hooker, they'll assume your always trying to get some or want some. Me I don't really care. But then you always have the "Do looks matter in a relationship." For me I always used to think "No looks don't matter, it's whats on the inside that counts." But having experienced and dated people I had NO attraction to physically and only fell in love with them for their personality... I'll just say now it didn't last long. When dating them I found that I grew tired of their personality and they started to annoy me at some points in time. It's true it's not about the looks. But when your with someone for so long and all you start to see are the looks because your so used to their personalty to the point everything they once did that made you laugh is becoming annoying, you start to feel indecisive with the decision you made and what it was you really liked or why you even fell in love with the person. So now when I date someone I judge them by their personality and a little by their looks. Like their always has to be at least one thing that stands out. Whether its their hair color, lips, eyes. There has to be something I fall in love with.
Dear past, thank you for all the lessons.
Dear future, I'm now ready.

LoveAndHate
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet

Post by LoveAndHate » 05 Jul 2016, 16:54

Scientific wrote:Face the Truth. Let's give some honesty around here.
Not trying to bring down self-esteem but I'm just answering the OP honestly.
Looks? Do they matter? f*** yeah they do.
Ever walked in a formal job interview with jeans? Yeah, good luck getting the position. Your attire matters, dress to impress. People will judge you no matter what. "I don't care." Oh okay good for you.

- Hiring manager picks up two resumes, about the same qualifications and skills. One of them is black and one of them is a white guy. Hell he'll pick the white guy.

Ever been in high school? Why are the majority of people attractive? Why do girls care so much about makeup if looks don't matter? Why do people buy expensive clothes? Nose jobs? Braces to fix teeth? Because they don't wanna look like a complete idiot.

Niggas won't give you respect if you wear an Anime Tee in public.
Scrawny, fat, or ugly? Can't be American's next top model. Looks matter in many different ways. It's just the way the world works. Some people take hours in the morning fixing their hair and dressing up to make themselves "look great." For other people to see obviously because they care about looks!

That is why some people prefer white girls or Asian chicks before of their "looks." Why do the cuter girls get hit on more often? Well you tell me. Why do old guys get arrested for slapping a girl's *** but when a woman does it to a man, nothing happens.

Age, race, gender, appearance. They all matter somehow, that's why they created beauty products, if it didn't matter... beauty pageants wouldn't exist and beauty brands wouldn't make any money.

Check the likes on Instagram.

Well god damn, son, you be laying down the truth just like that.ヽ(´▽`)ノ

Kotakoti

Post by Kotakoti » 09 Jul 2016, 01:56

Of course it does.

If you think about it,a womans beauty is most important to a majority of men in this world. Anyone who disagrees is deluded or lying otherwise. Whether walking into a drug store,or going to work. you realize that the only time a guy ever pays any attention to you is when you throw on makeup.

Just look at how many men in dramas and action movies are attracted only to pretty woman.

Abattoir

Post by Abattoir » 09 Jul 2016, 02:22

To a certain degree, yes-- looks do matter. Now, before I get flamed, this is my personal opinion, but most of it is backed up by science & common knowledge. I dunno if the op is referring to the link between sexual/romantic attraction & appearances but there is DEFINITELY a strong link between the two. Think about it, we are all biological beings with our own mating system-- much like animals. Yes, personality plays a role in it, but if you were to choose between 2 partners: One being "hot" and the other being less so, which one would you choose? The obvious answer is the more attractive one. That being said, preferences are different amongst the population, and diversity is everywhere so even if you are not attractive to one partner, you still have a chance with another. Example: someone finds you hot as hell, but their friend gives you the awful score of 3/10. Why? Because looks play a decently sized roll in the selection of a sexual/romantic mate. That being said, I strongly disagree with race being amongst the reasons why someone refuses to see someone as attractive, along with disabilities and their gender at birth. Those are my personal beliefs, but I know others see it differently. It is logical to accept the fact that some people will just never find us attractive, but that is okay. Like the op said, we are all beautiful in our own way, but don't be too upset if others don't exactly agree.
Midgar wrote:YOU FᑌCKING SPAWN OF HELL

Temperance
Anispace Beginner

Post by Temperance » 11 Nov 2016, 07:29

Im glad everyone is finally saying that looks does matter.

As youtube vlogger that I used to watch said,
"Looks DOES matter. No one is gonna say "Damn! Look at that personality! Its so hot I wanna F it!"

Kakashi
Anispace Pro
Anispace Pro

Post by Kakashi » 11 Nov 2016, 08:00

I always used to think 'looks don't matter.' And I don't judge a person by there looks. But with my experience I think looks matter to a certain degree. There has been many times where I have fallen to like someone for who they are on the inside, but I found myself not to be attracted to them on the outside, so I ended up only being attracted to their personality, and when I got bored of their personality or we were together for too long I started to see the annoyances and the down falls. For me I think looks and whats on the inside matters. Because if you judge someone by there looks, you can get someone who is the meanest of me and tries to control you. IF you judge by personality and not looks, it's most often that you'll find yourself bored in some point in time with their personality to the point you start fighting and nothing is holding you back because theres not that physical attraction.
UchihaSasuke wrote:That imagination of yours is on some bizarre level beyond all horror movies type of sh!t.
#TotallyAComplimentForYourScaryAss. <3
UchihaSasuke wrote:You're just a blind fuqqface who's overused the false sharingan too much.

PrincessOfHeart
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by PrincessOfHeart » 11 Nov 2016, 09:31

looks don't matter its whats on the inside that matters
The Princess of Heart

Emiya
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by Emiya » 11 Nov 2016, 09:35

of course they do. No one wants to date someone who looks like the second coming of Harambe.