Do looks matter?

Post your discussions here
Dilemma
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Do looks matter?

Post by Dilemma » 09 Apr 2016, 18:08

I am pretty sure there has not been a forum made about this before, but if there is, mods you can delete this one.
I honestly think that the looks of someone does not matter. No matter how the person feels about themselves, they are surely handsome and beautiful. In my opinion, no one in this world is ugly or unattractive. I just think everyone is beautiful and handsome in their own unique way even if they have glasses, braces, short, tall, fat, skinny, or even hav a disability such as myself. I feel I am beautiful on the inside and out.
'Peace, Love and Positivity.'

CosmicGrimoire
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Re: Do looks matter?

Post by CosmicGrimoire » 09 Apr 2016, 18:11

To me, looks don't matter. I never pay attention to looks, disabilities, or anything physical like that. The only thing I look for is someone that cares - a good person.
--[♚]--

Humanity's Last Hope

OrehCursor wrote:You ever go to a dictionary and look up the term dickhead? you'll see a picture of yourself next to it.

Yuri
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by Yuri » 09 Apr 2016, 18:11

No, not to me but I guess its just something extra?

Yuri, The ℓιgн† нєяσ.
Sheild190 wrote:Dude, WTF is Hobby Lobby? It's actually called, "Cape Fear Games."

Mika
Anispace Champion
Anispace Champion

Post by Mika » 09 Apr 2016, 18:14

Yes they do matter and if anyone thinks it's shallow to think otherwise then you're apart of the crowd misconstruing the meaning of "shallow."

It goes like this: Two adults are in a sexual/romantic relationship. In order for that to work, there needs to be a sexual and a romantic attraction present. This does not mean you are shallow if you deny a sexual/romantic relationship with somebody because you aren't sexually attracted. It just means you understand healthy, mutual relationships.

It becomes shallow when a platonic friendship is denied over physical appearances.

Brii
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by Brii » 09 Apr 2016, 18:15

It's the inside that matters. Now if only some people I knew could understand that...

QUEEN BRII
ᴵˡˡᵘˢᶤᵒᶰᶤˢᵗ ᴰᵉˢᶤᵍᶰˢ

Mika
Anispace Champion
Anispace Champion

Post by Mika » 09 Apr 2016, 18:17

Naru wrote:I am pretty sure there has not been a forum made about this before, but if there is, mods you can delete this one.
I honestly think that the looks of someone does not matter. No matter how the person feels about themselves, they are surely handsome and beautiful. In my opinion, no one in this world is ugly or unattractive. I just think everyone is beautiful and handsome in their own unique way even if they have glasses, braces, short, tall, fat, skinny, or even hav a disability such as myself. I feel I am beautiful on the inside and out.
Brii wrote:
It's the inside that matters. Now if only some people I knew could understand that...
If you're asexual, then you would be correct. If you are sexual and value sexual intimacy in your romantic relationships, how could you expect a healthy sexual-romantic relationship to form from one-sided sexual attraction?

Mania
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by Mania » 09 Apr 2016, 18:22

Looks shouldn't matter.
The only think that should matter is WHO the person is.

Mika
Anispace Champion
Anispace Champion

Post by Mika » 09 Apr 2016, 18:23

Mania wrote:Looks shouldn't matter.
The only think that should matter is WHO the person is.
In a mutually asexual-romantic partnership, you would be correct.

tsundere
Forum moderators
Forum moderators

Post by tsundere » 09 Apr 2016, 18:24

Seth wrote:
Naru wrote:I am pretty sure there has not been a forum made about this before, but if there is, mods you can delete this one.
Brii wrote:
If you're asexual, then you would be correct. If you are sexual and value sexual intimacy in your romantic relationships, how could you expect a healthy sexual-romantic relationship to form from one-sided sexual attraction?
How does this have to do with being ace? There are plenty of sexuals who also don't place value on looks. To be frank, this is a super closed-minded view of how asexuality and sexuality work, speaking as someone on the asexual spectrum who is in a healthy "sexual-romantic" with her sexual boyfriend.

I find that regardless of looks, one is always more beautiful/beautiful-looking if their personality is great. The hottest person in the world looks ugly as hell if they have a garbage personality. There's a reason people think fucckboys are gross. So looks don't really matter, in the grand scheme of things, to me.

EDIT: To elaborate, there are so many more layers to sexual attraction than looks alone. There is surface-level sexual attraction, and then there is sexual attraction born out of love, etc. It takes many forms. It isn't just based upon people's looks. Personality plays a big role.

CosmicGrimoire
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by CosmicGrimoire » 09 Apr 2016, 18:30

Seth wrote:
Brii wrote:
Well this confused the hell outta me. So, you're saying looks HAVE to matter when it comes to sexual attraction?
--[♚]--

Humanity's Last Hope

OrehCursor wrote:You ever go to a dictionary and look up the term dickhead? you'll see a picture of yourself next to it.