Peer pressure. What's your story?

Post your discussions here
Space
Anispace Pro
Anispace Pro

Re: Peer pressure. What's your story?

Post by Space » 08 Apr 2016, 15:53

I remember the first time I went out with my ex. On our first date he kept asking me to sleep with him. I had to keep telling him I didn't want to do anything like that on the first dates I just wanted to spend time with him. I'm not going to lie he made me feel bad for saying no, but he accepted my decision. I'm glad I didn't let it happen, because I know I would've regretted it if I had said yes.

Mika
Anispace Champion
Anispace Champion

Post by Mika » 08 Apr 2016, 15:58

I was only ever 'peer pressured' once in my life. And I guess you could say my peer pressure story is just a case of empathy gone bad. A long story short: Childhood friend, I find out he's suicidal/depressed, I try to visit with him and connect close to him again to try to be there for him and help him and cheer him up and show him a good time, he does drugs and is involved with a circle of drug/stoner friends, I get involved in this circle by getting close to him again, get into some deeper messy business on the streets in this circle, end up doing a nasty substance with him that I managed to drop 'cold turkey' afterwards (without any problems, thanks to my strong mind) all with the intention of being close to him to try to help him and be there for him.

So yeah, empathy gone bad. I've learned from it. I learned a lot from listening to those kids' stories on the street; opened my eyes in a good way and a bad way. So I'm thankful for the experience, even though it had some bad moments, it had important ones to understand as well. I'm glad that those kids (whom most are coming from abusive families) have found good friends to replace that emotional abuse at home, what with how some even have tattooed onto them "Real Family" referring to their close circle of friends or 'homies.'

SpirallingMadness
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet

Post by SpirallingMadness » 09 Apr 2016, 09:02

Peer pressure doesn't work on me 99.9% of the time. But people try it all the time. A few kids back when I was in high school tried to get me to smoke some crap with them. I just said "Nah I don't do that stuff". My supposed friends(?) try all the time to get me to go out drinking with them. I don't drink, I just....don't. Everyone tries to get me to drink actually. I don't quite understand WHY? Why do they care if I choose not to consume alcohol and make more of an @ss out of myself?? ????? [And I have heard their drinking stories, and they do make @ss's out of themselves.]
[♦Insert Meaningful Quote Here♦]

Dilemma
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by Dilemma » 23 Apr 2016, 22:07

I do have another peer pressure story.

When I was in high school there was a down syndrome girl in my class, she was sweet, but violent. And she can't help that she is violent. A bunch of boys always used to bully her and one time they came to me and told me to go bully or even slap her to get her mad. I legit said 'Fuuck no. I would NEVER bully or hit anyone with a syndrome or anything else like that. Instead I just walked to her and asked her how her day was. They had no right to pressure me into bullying her. And they said if I byully her that they will give me money. Bish, I already got them moneys.
'Peace, Love and Positivity.'

w6ter
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet

Post by w6ter » 23 Apr 2016, 22:13

I got pressure into drinking but I ended up loving it wassup bitches I love it

Killua
Anispace Champion
Anispace Champion

Post by Killua » 20 Jul 2016, 15:57

Some hoe in college, she talked me into eating a weed cake...All my friends were High as phuck but for some reason after we ate it..but I never got high...I only felt sick to my stomach with the weed in my system. Never again will I make such a dumb mistake...weed is overrated.
FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE | KINGDOM HEARTS III

ㅤㅤImage ㅤㅤㅤ

Mika
Anispace Champion
Anispace Champion

Post by Mika » 20 Jul 2016, 15:59

Killua wrote:Some hoe in college, she talked me into eating a weed cake...All my friends were High as phuck but for some reason after we ate it..but I never got high...I only felt sick to my stomach with the weed in my system. Never again will I make such a dumb mistake...weed is overrated.
Smoke it, bruh. I tried edibles. Didn't work for me either lol. I'd probably have to take them a few more times but it's not worth it imo. I tried it's all that matters. Vaping it's the way to go. Good high, easy to get high, and it's the least harmful way of smoking it.

Killua
Anispace Champion
Anispace Champion

Post by Killua » 20 Jul 2016, 16:02

Seth wrote:
Killua wrote:Some hoe in college, she talked me into eating a weed cake...All my friends were High as phuck but for some reason after we ate it..but I never got high...I only felt sick to my stomach with the weed in my system. Never again will I make such a dumb mistake...weed is overrated.
Smoke it, bruh. I tried edibles. Didn't work for me either lol. I'd probably have to take them a few more times but it's not worth it imo. I tried it's all that matters. Vaping it's the way to go. Good high, easy to get high, and it's the least harmful way of smoking it.
did'nt work for you either huh? good I thought I was just weird because everyone was like? wtf? "how is he immune to the weed" Vaping? i saw one of my buddies doing that lol looks fun xD
FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE | KINGDOM HEARTS III

ㅤㅤImage ㅤㅤㅤ

Ignorance
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by Ignorance » 20 Jul 2016, 16:04

Oi. Weed is healthy for you.

"So, let me guess this straight, just because some people like myself are fans of the old FUNi dub,
they aren't true fans of DBZ? Ridiculous. Regardless of how "bad" it was, it pretty much got the main plot-points across.

Mika
Anispace Champion
Anispace Champion

Post by Mika » 20 Jul 2016, 16:05

Killua wrote:
Seth wrote:
did'nt work for you either huh? good I thought I was just weird because everyone was like? wtf? "how is he immune to the weed" Vaping? i saw one of my buddies doing that lol looks fun xD
You smoke it before? Try that. My favorite way of hitting it up is with a bong, though. that's fun. :3 and gravity bongs look intense. i haven't tried a g bong yet but i want to.

lol that ironic moment when now i'm "peer pressuring" you to smoke weed. DO IT BRUH. Inject the weed. Drink it all. Inject and drink the sh*t out of the devil's lettuce