Peer pressure. What's your story?

Post your discussions here
Space
Anispace Pro
Anispace Pro

Re: Peer pressure. What's your story?

Post by Space » 08 Apr 2016, 14:50

iloveanime222 wrote:i hate to ask a stupid question. i'm kinda slow. what peer pressure means?

Peer pressure is when the people around you pressure you to do something you don't want to do and find uncomfortable.

iloveanime222
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by iloveanime222 » 08 Apr 2016, 15:11

back in school i used to deal with people who pressured me which wind up putting me into fight. i'm short so majority of the time i wind up losing

iloveanime222
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by iloveanime222 » 08 Apr 2016, 15:12

G0rz wrote:
iloveanime222 wrote:i hate to ask a stupid question. i'm kinda slow. what peer pressure means?

Peer pressure is when the people around you pressure you to do something you don't want to do and find uncomfortable.
thank you for teaching me :D

ActiveDetermination
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by ActiveDetermination » 08 Apr 2016, 15:12

Some nigga convinced me to put pickles on my cheeseburger. I cut myself when I got home.
CosmicGrimoire wrote:I'll probably read them but forget to respond 'Cuz I'm horrible

Venerable

Post by Venerable » 08 Apr 2016, 15:13

ActiveDetermination wrote:Some nigga convinced me to put pickles on my cheeseburger. I cut myself when I got home.
Don't worry, I took care of them, quite well..

Malviel
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet

Post by Malviel » 08 Apr 2016, 15:17

Parents and relatives pressuring me into changing a school that I liked and going to an "american international school" I hated every minute of it and when I gave in and transferred, the entire first year I hated it all the time. Studying was harder, people were different, new environment, new culture and much more.

4 years later it was the best decision of my life to agree to that school and it had drastically changed my life to the point where I would have been a lot less well off if I didn't go into it since so many things happened because I went to that school indirectly which accumulated to me becoming happier then before eventually.

iloveanime222
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by iloveanime222 » 08 Apr 2016, 15:28

Malviel wrote:Parents and relatives pressuring me into changing a school that I liked and going to an "american international school" I hated every minute of it and when I gave in and transferred, the entire first year I hated it all the time. Studying was harder, people were different, new environment, new culture and much more.

4 years later it was the best decision of my life to agree to that school and it had drastically changed my life to the point where I would have been a lot less well off if I didn't go into it since so many things happened because I went to that school indirectly which accumulated to me becoming happier then before eventually.
i have a similar strife like that at home.

OppaiChan

Post by OppaiChan » 08 Apr 2016, 15:41

My parents pressured me into going to college, even though I said I wanted to take a gap year (Basically you take a year off to decide what you actually want to do with your life)
Which ended up with me on a health course, being bored and miserable.

Space
Anispace Pro
Anispace Pro

Post by Space » 08 Apr 2016, 15:53

I remember the first time I went out with my ex. On our first date he kept asking me to sleep with him. I had to keep telling him I didn't want to do anything like that on the first dates I just wanted to spend time with him. I'm not going to lie he made me feel bad for saying no, but he accepted my decision. I'm glad I didn't let it happen, because I know I would've regretted it if I had said yes.

Mika
Anispace Champion
Anispace Champion

Post by Mika » 08 Apr 2016, 15:58

I was only ever 'peer pressured' once in my life. And I guess you could say my peer pressure story is just a case of empathy gone bad. A long story short: Childhood friend, I find out he's suicidal/depressed, I try to visit with him and connect close to him again to try to be there for him and help him and cheer him up and show him a good time, he does drugs and is involved with a circle of drug/stoner friends, I get involved in this circle by getting close to him again, get into some deeper messy business on the streets in this circle, end up doing a nasty substance with him that I managed to drop 'cold turkey' afterwards (without any problems, thanks to my strong mind) all with the intention of being close to him to try to help him and be there for him.

So yeah, empathy gone bad. I've learned from it. I learned a lot from listening to those kids' stories on the street; opened my eyes in a good way and a bad way. So I'm thankful for the experience, even though it had some bad moments, it had important ones to understand as well. I'm glad that those kids (whom most are coming from abusive families) have found good friends to replace that emotional abuse at home, what with how some even have tattooed onto them "Real Family" referring to their close circle of friends or 'homies.'