Peer pressure. What's your story?

Post your discussions here
Tak
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Re: Peer pressure. What's your story?

Post by Tak » 13 Feb 2015, 15:38

Dont do what others tell you to do if you are not okay with it.

violecent
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by violecent » 28 Feb 2015, 04:03

This isn't exactly extreme, but it was enough for me to get a bit traumatized. I was in 7th grade and we had a school trip somewhere I can't recall. We were by this water slide that's close to the lake that a lot of people in my grade were swimming in. I couldn't swim so I just went to the water slide that's not connected to the lake. My friend convinced me to go down the water slide that goes directly into the lake. I told her so many times that I can't swim and she just keep saying that it's not deep. I finally caved in with her request because I felt like I was being a bad friend for saying no. I went on first because she was a bit scared to go down the slide. I slide down the water slide, and just as I was about to reach the bottom of the slide, I got a horrible feeling and smash into the water. I panicked because the water was very deep and I started to drown. I screamed, but it was open air so no one could hear me. I keep panicking but it was a while before my friend tried to keep me up. I blanked out afterwards and later found myself being pulled to the side by a teacher. I managed to live and be in the pool away from the lake afterwards.

I love playing with water, but I can never go to the deep end of the pool, no matter what. It's not really extreme story. Just a little pressure my friend gave me to do something I didn't want to.
Nothing is certain, make the right choices.

RikaTheGhost
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by RikaTheGhost » 28 Feb 2015, 04:56

Honestly, I have never been in a situation of peer pressure. I am a quiet person around people, so I'm not really sociable.

LadyDaemontus
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by LadyDaemontus » 15 May 2015, 06:43

I dont have one because i never saw the point in peer pressure. No matter what i did i was always the black sheep of everything. Even now i have accepted i will never truly belong anywhere, even anispace and its community. I purely walk a path for myself and even my old HS could see i didnt give into peer pressure. Hell they even made me the student writer for the school newsletter because of it. If it means I end up alone, so be it.
:D Gamergate - Gaming - Culture - Lifestyle - Politics - Anti Feminism :shock:
:arrow: Twitter --> https://twitter.com/LadyDaemontus :!:
:arrow: Ask Fm --> https://ask.fm/LadyDaemontus :!:

weskerz
Anispace Beginner

Post by weskerz » 15 May 2015, 10:21

I used to pick on a kid in middle school because my 'friends' did. I moved schools soon after,but when I met up with her in high school I apologized to her.. We became good friend after that and she even taught me how to play the guitar ^^

even tho it ended pretty well, i still feel regret and feel like human garbage whenever I hear about someone getting bullied..

XVIII
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by XVIII » 16 May 2015, 02:51

I only have a story of a friend who was told to spy on another cheerleading team and semi steal there moves the sad part was she did so because she wanted to fit in and it's bad in everyway later though me and her destroyed the type and she said she lost it.

Kyotachi
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by Kyotachi » 16 May 2015, 03:07

Lmao peer pressure
"There is nothing good nor bad but thinking makes it so."

yzzi

Post by yzzi » 04 Apr 2016, 21:29

I got pressured into going hiking.

w6ter
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet

Post by w6ter » 04 Apr 2016, 21:34

peer pressured into sex smh

iloveanime222
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by iloveanime222 » 08 Apr 2016, 14:27

i hate to ask a stupid question. i'm kinda slow. what peer pressure means?