Peer pressure. What's your story?

Post your discussions here
Magnifico
Anispace Beginner

Peer pressure. What's your story?

Post by Magnifico » 06 Nov 2014, 14:48

Lots of us have many different stories, I made this to speak about Peer pressure. What's your story? When was the first time someone ever tried to pressure you into doing something, and did you go through with it? Everyone deals with stress and other annoying things throughout their lives, but some people try to be the ones to cause peer pressure in our lives. Sometimes we are the ones to pressure others even.

My peer pressure story begins with me being in 8th grade. That was a long time ago, but I still remember it. I really wanted to be popular and a bunch of girls thought it would be cute to mess with me. Many times these girls would have me make a fool of myself in class for their amusement.. They pretended to be my friend, and me falling for it became the problem. It was a great moment in my life mostly because I didn't have many friends and the girls who were bullying me were pretending to be there. These girls were also friends with the most attractive and popular guy in school who I had a crush on for such a long time before that. They constantly told me I should go talk to him and behind my back they told him every little thing I said about him, joking with him about how I had a crush on him.. Soon enough, they decided to end their little game with saying, "Hey, he's totally waiting for you at his locker, he knows you like him because we told him.. Go talk to him girl!" So out of excitement, I quickly rushed over to his locker just for him to tell me straight up that he would never have a crush on me and that I'm not pretty enough to date him.

What a jerk, right?

It was harsh, but time went on. I changed, a lot. From my geeky years. Now I'm at the top of my game and I have learned to not trust as many people. Especially the ones who have been known to stab others in the back.

;)
la rose de la prospérité

Dilemma
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Re: Peer pressure. What's your story?

Post by Dilemma » 06 Nov 2014, 14:56

Well, I got pressured into doing drugs. I didn't do it. But the people that I was hanging around with thought it would be so awesome to do them. They pressured me to do it without my parents knowing but I didn't do it. c:
'Peace, Love and Positivity.'

FedorasAreSexah
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by FedorasAreSexah » 06 Nov 2014, 14:59

Someone told me Rainbow Dash wasn't the best pony waifu and I believed him.
BUFF KING DEDEDE

Overrated
Anispace Beginner

Post by Overrated » 06 Nov 2014, 15:24

Yeah, many have tried to peer pressure me into doing different things but I've never done them. For example: they wanted me to go into private property, break into places, to smoke, etc. Who do they think they are pressuring me to do something I don't really want to do? If I don't want to do something, I simply won't do it and there's nothing that they can say that will convince me. If I do something it's because I've chosen to, not because some dumb *** pressured me to do it.
Vivid wrote:New impression of her
SHE IS LIKE 50 SHAdES OF DEADLY.
Geezy wrote: I JUST BURPED SO HARD I SAW JESUS
[/size]

Zoldyck

Post by Zoldyck » 07 Dec 2014, 12:03

An associate of mine tricked me into eating a weed brownie a few weeks ago..out of the entire group i was the only one to keep my sanity...but i felt kinda sick tbh. never again will i do something so stupid.

RedRobin
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by RedRobin » 07 Dec 2014, 23:27

My peer pressure story is around 9th grade. There was this one guy, who had been bullying me and annoying me with his petty existence throughout the entire middle school. The bullying was both physical and mental, however until then I had never responded to the physical bullying aside from basic self-defense since he could never even touch me in harmful way due to my martial arts background. However, one day he just suddenly came up to me and punched me on the side of my head just to harm me, there was lot of bad blood between that, and basically the whole crowd at school began tempting and pressuring me to punch back and fight him, so due to all the pent up rage and anger, I ended up giving into the temptation and I ended up beating him up. Good for me, I never really harmed him in anything that would leave a mark aside from small bruises to body since I avoided hitting him in the face, so that it wouldn`t become any more serious.
Last edited by RedRobin on 07 Dec 2014, 23:29, edited 1 time in total.
"Saving one person, means not being able to save another one"
-Kiritsugu Emiya

Dilemma
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by Dilemma » 08 Dec 2014, 00:14

I was asked to do weed at school when I was 14 by a group of girls at my school. They said if i accepted it, they would kiss me. But I didn't.
'Peace, Love and Positivity.'

Floyd

Post by Floyd » 08 Dec 2014, 00:42

not that weak minded

Melli
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by Melli » 08 Dec 2014, 02:07

The only thing I got pressured for was to ask the teacher a question or something 'cause they didn't have the guts to do it themselves.

Voiceless
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet

Post by Voiceless » 08 Dec 2014, 06:01

I was pressured by my friends to start dating people,
I dated for the first time already in 4th Grade.
I remember being pushed and forced to love some one who I didn't like, and I didn't even know the meaning of love.
Still today I'm being pressured to love people, to date, to socialize, when I actually just want to be alone.