Animation Kings: American Cartoons or Japanese Cartoons?

Post your discussions here
AnimeKillers
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Animation Kings: American Cartoons or Japanese Cartoons?

Post by AnimeKillers » 13 Aug 2014, 23:34

PLEASE READ: I'm not posting this because I don't like Anime. I just want to hear some opinions.

So I was watching this video from this guy that I watched a while back and he was talking about how American Cartoons have much better Key frames then Anime and a bunch of other stuff how Anime fans bash American cartoons and junk and it got me thinking "Hmmm....I wonder what they folks on anispace would say about this?"
So my votes already for Cartoons but that shouldn't stop you for posting your opinion and take on it. I'm ok with anime fans, I don't really care if other people prefer Anime to cartoons from America, I just want a simple clean discussion over this

And once again, I'm not making this just to be a jerk I just wanted to hear a lot of feedback cause if theres one thing I like is to hear other peoples opinions. .

Heres the video I was talking about
Animes and Key Frames

Last edited by AnimeKillers on 17 Aug 2014, 12:01, edited 4 times in total.
Yohooo! The Boys.co Gang is looking to Kill you!

Animes be hatin' on my Toon Swagger

Mania
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Re: Animation Kings: American Cartoons or Japense Cartoons

Post by Mania » 13 Aug 2014, 23:40

Okay. Going to a lot of anime conventions, I meet a lot of people, and I can say that the majority of them do not hate American cartoons. I don't either, I just really refer the older cartoons, but I do like Adventure Time. So, my honest opinion is that this guy's argument is invalid by saying so. Not everyone is the way he says anime fans are in the video.

AnimeKillers
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by AnimeKillers » 13 Aug 2014, 23:57

Brutal wrote:See that's the thing I never understood about your basic American based weaboo and their unwarranted superiority complex, thinking under the banner of Japanese Animation somehow they were the more sophisticated animation viewers and that American cartoons were -without exception- inferior and by extension their audience (generalization I know). Personally I could really give a f*ck, because the phrasing of a question like this or any other VS. subject that compares two distinct styles of virtually the same medium is like asking "hey do you like your basic, vaginal sex or do you prefer getting rammed in the (a)ss"? [Luffy knock it off with that censoring bullsh*t.]

For the faction that applies to the strict anime side, I shouldn't have to point out to you that in Anime -just like the cartoon counter part- there are some profoundly f*ckin' dumb titles. Case and point:

(she wants to f*ck that dog. That's the running gag.)

Now as I guy who finds much to appreciate on both ends of the spectrum I gotta say it's a foolish notion to dismiss either style completely with the conclusion that one is better than the other. I won't preach the "let's all hold hands, get along, and blow each other" nonsense, but c'mon now. Liking anime exclusively and calling cartoons sh*t while projecting some sense of intellectual superiority is nonsense and vice versa. A normal functioning human being who goes outside and does things like play football and f*ck women would likely beat both your asses for that sort of talk.

Well the thing is, I don't have much of a "Cartoons are the dominate things for entertainment", cause trust me there are some cartoons I can't stand (Adventure Time, Phineas and Ferb, a few others) It's just I was more influenced by Cartoons like Ed Edd n Eddy with their movement and the way how something you draw on paper can be put to motion on Television. It was like a way for one imagination to lash out and be a non stop world of creativity. Anime on the other hand, for me, was just like a book that just tells a few parts here, goes off doing a few other stuff, and then comes back to talking again.

AnimeKillers
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Re: Animation Kings: American Cartoons or Japense Cartoons?

Post by AnimeKillers » 14 Aug 2014, 00:11

Brutal wrote:Right. See I can resonate with that to some degree because growing up I always loved Ed Edd N' Eddy. From the writing, the dialogue exchange, memorable characters, and the stories. Top notch cartoon. One of CN's finest work to date. Damn I think that was a Canadian based show.

(man who is gonna top this simple yet brilliant intro? No one.)

Classic stuff right there

AnimeKillers
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by AnimeKillers » 14 Aug 2014, 07:34

Mania wrote:Okay. Going to a lot of anime conventions, I meet a lot of people, and I can say that the majority of them do not hate American cartoons. I don't either, I just really refer the older cartoons, but I do like Adventure Time. So, my honest opinion is that this guy's argument is invalid by saying so. Not everyone is the way he says anime fans are in the video.

Not that I'm pushing your buttons or anything but care to explain about how they are all not like that

Kirua
Anispace Beginner

Post by Kirua » 14 Aug 2014, 07:53

umm there are no such thing as "Japanese Cartoons", it's called Anime and second of all this post would sound a lot more sensible if the topic was called "American Animations or Japanese Animations" Anyways overall i love Anime way more than cartoons. All modern day cartoons are pure rubbish...the 90's kids had the best cartoons growing up until 2008 when everything went to sh!t. i really like classic cartoons but even then it can't dare to compete with any Anime.

Japanese Animations ftw
Kɪʟʟᴜᴀ Zᴏʟᴅʏᴄᴋ

LucyHeartfilia
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by LucyHeartfilia » 14 Aug 2014, 07:54

Japense Cartoons - Anime FTW!
"I don't want...to run away by myself. because no matter what.I'd rather be together with everyone"
Salamander wrote:LucyHeartfilia and me

AnimeKillers
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by AnimeKillers » 14 Aug 2014, 07:57

Kirua wrote:umm there are no such thing as "Japanese Cartoons", it's called Anime and second of all this post would sound a lot more sensible if the topic was called "American Animations or Japanese Animations" Anyways overall i love Anime way more than cartoons. All modern day cartoons are pure rubbish...the 90's kids had the best cartoons growing up until 2008 when everything went to sh!t. i really like classic cartoons but even then it can't dare to compete with any Anime.

Japanese Animations ftw

I can see where you are coming from and I respect that. But could you explain why Japenese animations are better than American?
for Example: In the first video he mentions how Spongbob moves more fluidly than Evangelion (don't know if I spelled it right)

Salamander

Post by Salamander » 14 Aug 2014, 08:07

Sasuke wrote:I like both and always have.

While my true passion is for anime, I still love cartoons. Specifically Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra.

If The Legend of Korra were an anime then it would be in my top 5 anime series of all time. Unfortunately it is an American animated cartoon, so it cannot be classified as so.

Interesting video to watch for anyone in this thread. I suggest it before you make a cocky or idiotic reply...

I just share your opinion and interesting video (just this music in the background.. its sooo annoying lol *takes a leek rod and waves it around and around).

AnimeKillers
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by AnimeKillers » 14 Aug 2014, 08:09

Sasuke wrote:I like both and always have.

While my true passion is for anime, I still love cartoons. Specifically Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra.

If The Legend of Korra were an anime then it would be in my top 5 anime series of all time. Unfortunately it is an American animated cartoon, so it cannot be classified as so.

Interesting video to watch for anyone in this thread. I suggest it before you make a cocky or idiotic reply...

I was kind of picked on a lot by my friends in middle school because I loved Cartoons more than anime. And it's not because of where they come from it's usually because I find them more entertaining