Why do People View Each Other Differently?

Post your discussions here
User avatar
OrehCursor
Global moderators
Global moderators
Posts: 3343
Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 10:45

Re: Why do People View Each Other Differently?

Post by OrehCursor » 02 Oct 2015, 21:26

ShirouEmiya wrote:We humans are born into a system. In that system we are to follow the same rules as everyone else. You must be "normal" get an education, a job married and reproduce. We must follow the rules and do what's expected of us at all times, in order to maintain order and control. This is something that's been established for a VERY long time and yet we still can't follow this simple concept. We know of the consequences yet we still can't follow the rules. See the problem there? People must be mentally FORCED into obedience.
Following the rules allows for regulation. Mind you and key word. Regulation. Not absolute control.

>People must be mentally FORCED into obedience.
On the contrary, most rules exist through common sense alone.
The winner is the most adaptive one.
Image

User avatar
Phantasm
Global moderators
Global moderators
Posts: 353
Joined: 29 Oct 2014, 00:31

Re: Why do People View Each Other Differently?

Post by Phantasm » 02 Oct 2015, 21:33

Did I just walk into some "The Giver" type shit in here?

PerpetualSilence
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet
Posts: 134
Joined: 18 Sep 2015, 19:44

Re: Why do People View Each Other Differently?

Post by PerpetualSilence » 03 Oct 2015, 09:28

ShirouEmiya wrote: We humans are born into a system. In that system we are to follow the same rules as everyone else. You must be "normal" get an education, a job married and reproduce. We must follow the rules and do what's expected of us at all times, in order to maintain order and control. This is something that's been established for a VERY long time and yet we still can't follow this simple concept. We know of the consequences yet we still can't follow the rules. See the problem there? People must be mentally FORCED into obedience.
Please define 'normal' for me. I have to be 'normal' to get a job, get married, and reproduce? What the hell are you trying to get at here? I self-proclaim myself as abnormal or weird. Weird isn't an offensive word because it's basically saying one is unique and original, not alike to another person. Being the same as another person has some advantages, but MANY disadvantages. As 'weird' as I am, I was able to find a job. So what are you talking about? Normal people are just basic people who can't find the unique part of themselves. Like I have been arguing all last night, being different IS NOT bad, there are many 'not normal' people out there in this world happily married, and settled down with a family. So your statement of 'you have to be normal to have a job, and get married, and reproduce' is FALSE.
Image  Image  Image

ShirouEmiya
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice
Posts: 242
Joined: 28 Sep 2013, 22:19

Re: Why do People View Each Other Differently?

Post by ShirouEmiya » 03 Oct 2015, 09:40

PerpetualSilence wrote:
ShirouEmiya wrote: We humans are born into a system. In that system we are to follow the same rules as everyone else. You must be "normal" get an education, a job married and reproduce. We must follow the rules and do what's expected of us at all times, in order to maintain order and control. This is something that's been established for a VERY long time and yet we still can't follow this simple concept. We know of the consequences yet we still can't follow the rules. See the problem there? People must be mentally FORCED into obedience.
Please define 'normal' for me. I have to be 'normal' to get a job, get married, and reproduce? What the hell are you trying to get at here? I self-proclaim myself as abnormal or weird. Weird isn't an offensive word because it's basically saying one is unique and original, not alike to another person. Being the same as another person has some advantages, but MANY disadvantages. As 'weird' as I am, I was able to find a job. So what are you talking about? Normal people are just basic people who can't find the unique part of themselves. Like I have been arguing all last night, being different IS NOT bad, there are many 'not normal' people out there in this world happily married, and settled down with a family. So your statement of 'you have to be normal to have a job, and get married, and reproduce' is FALSE.
I didn't say you have to be Normal to do any of those things. What I was saying was that you HAVE to be normal and do the former. Meaning you are expected to do all of what I said. Normal is a word we use to define a "False self" we have created in order to fit in and be accepted. Granted being normal does help get jobs and get married to an extent, but normality is not completely necessary for those. people are expected to be "normal" and obey the rules because we are all a collective. Not a unionized one but a collective all together.
Image
Image

PerpetualSilence
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet
Posts: 134
Joined: 18 Sep 2015, 19:44

Re: Why do People View Each Other Differently?

Post by PerpetualSilence » 03 Oct 2015, 09:45

ShirouEmiya wrote:
PerpetualSilence wrote:
ShirouEmiya wrote: We humans are born into a system. In that system we are to follow the same rules as everyone else. You must be "normal" get an education, a job married and reproduce. We must follow the rules and do what's expected of us at all times, in order to maintain order and control. This is something that's been established for a VERY long time and yet we still can't follow this simple concept. We know of the consequences yet we still can't follow the rules. See the problem there? People must be mentally FORCED into obedience.
Please define 'normal' for me. I have to be 'normal' to get a job, get married, and reproduce? What the hell are you trying to get at here? I self-proclaim myself as abnormal or weird. Weird isn't an offensive word because it's basically saying one is unique and original, not alike to another person. Being the same as another person has some advantages, but MANY disadvantages. As 'weird' as I am, I was able to find a job. So what are you talking about? Normal people are just basic people who can't find the unique part of themselves. Like I have been arguing all last night, being different IS NOT bad, there are many 'not normal' people out there in this world happily married, and settled down with a family. So your statement of 'you have to be normal to have a job, and get married, and reproduce' is FALSE.
I didn't say you have to be Normal to do any of those things. What I was saying was that you HAVE to be normal and do the former. Meaning you are expected to do all of what I said. Normal is a word we use to define a "False self" we have created in order to fit in and be accepted. Granted being normal does help get jobs and get married to an extent, but normality is not completely necessary for those. people are expected to be "normal" and obey the rules because we are all a collective. Not a unionized one but a collective all together.
Rules of what? Humanity? LAWL. The only 'rules' are the laws, pal. No one is normal and no one ever will be. Everyone has that unique spark to them which does not make them normal/basic, we all are original and unique because we follow what we believe in. Unless they are really just fiction obsessed hobos that exaggerate their words and make it seem like they see the world a better place if it were a movie like yourself. This is REALITY. No one is exactly the same, face it already. Being yourself gets you success in life to a certain extent, being yourself in life can also lead you to failure, it all depends on one's actions but it NEVER depends on one being basic and normal and plain and boring.
Image  Image  Image

ShirouEmiya
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice
Posts: 242
Joined: 28 Sep 2013, 22:19

Re: Why do People View Each Other Differently?

Post by ShirouEmiya » 03 Oct 2015, 09:49

We are still expected to behave accordingly and obey the laws of MAN. Those that can't follow these simple rules are cancer that are just glutton for punishment.
Image
Image

PerpetualSilence
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet
Posts: 134
Joined: 18 Sep 2015, 19:44

Re: Why do People View Each Other Differently?

Post by PerpetualSilence » 03 Oct 2015, 09:51

ShirouEmiya wrote:We are still expected to behave accordingly and obey the laws of MAN. Those that can't follow these simple rules are cancer that are just glutton for punishment.
So I'm cancer because I J-Walk? LOL THANKZ U 3 NICE 5 ME.
Image  Image  Image

User avatar
EtherealStarlight
Global moderators
Global moderators
Posts: 4035
Joined: 21 Mar 2012, 19:20

Re: Why do People View Each Other Differently?

Post by EtherealStarlight » 03 Oct 2015, 09:53

I finally get why people were saying this thread is like the start of a plot to an anime, haha. xD Maybe we can still tie this back to the original prompt.

PerpetualSilence
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet
Posts: 134
Joined: 18 Sep 2015, 19:44

Re: Why do People View Each Other Differently?

Post by PerpetualSilence » 03 Oct 2015, 09:54

EtherealStarlight wrote:I finally get why people were saying this thread is like the start of a plot to an anime, haha. xD Maybe we can still tie this back to the original prompt.
Please do. He is draining my motivation to correct his false information.
Image  Image  Image

ShirouEmiya
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice
Posts: 242
Joined: 28 Sep 2013, 22:19

Re: Why do People View Each Other Differently?

Post by ShirouEmiya » 03 Oct 2015, 09:55

PerpetualSilence wrote:
ShirouEmiya wrote:We are still expected to behave accordingly and obey the laws of MAN. Those that can't follow these simple rules are cancer that are just glutton for punishment.
So I'm cancer because I J-Walk? LOL THANKZ U 3 NICE 5 ME.
If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.
Image
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Incipient and 2 guests