Why do People View Each Other Differently?

Post your discussions here
Weiss
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet

Re: Why do People View Each Other Differently?

Post by Weiss » 24 Jul 2014, 23:22

From where I live, and I am by no means trying to be offensive. I live in south Texas, so I live in a primarily Mexican community. My cousin is engaged to his girlfriend, and her family doesn't like him because he does not have the same religious beliefs, and he is also white and not Mexican. Again, I am not trying to be offensive, and I apologize if I am.

I know that people can be judged for their religion, race, and they can be judged for anything. I think it is mainly due the the beliefs of other people, and sadly that is something that we cannot change to fit our own.

However, when it comes to the subject of bullying, the victim can often be judged for something they cannot help (for an example say they have a deformity). It's not that person's fault, but they will be judged strictly because they are different.

It's such a sad thing really.

I'm not perfect. Not yet.
But I'm still leagues better than you.

Dilemma
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by Dilemma » 24 Jul 2014, 23:25

People have different opinions about other. Not everyone is the same.
'Peace, Love and Positivity.'

Loli
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by Loli » 24 Jul 2014, 23:31

People are different.

Mariam
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by Mariam » 24 Jul 2014, 23:33

To be honest it's not just people viewing others differently. (It's killing over race, relegion ect) I will never forget what happened in school one day when I was a little kid. I had a friend who thought I was Muslim just because of my name. One day he said something along the lines of you will burn in hell if you eat hamburgers. I didn't say anything for about a minute then said. Mehemet (forgot how to spell his name) I'm Christian. They never looked at me the same again...After that all he did was make fun of me all the way threw high school. // sad but it happens. Even recently something happened that I saw on the news / even Facebook it really breaks my heart. But it's life nothing goes the way we'd like it to.
Snow wrote: You mean so much to me ♥
Phantasm wrote: Aye Mariam, just wanted to thank you for always having my back when I needed it. I'm glad to have a friend like you. Sometimes I forget you're 5 years older than me xD
Seraph wrote:I LOVE YOUUUU <3

Mika
Anispace Champion
Anispace Champion

Post by Mika » 24 Jul 2014, 23:44

iloveanime222 wrote:It's just my curiousity. I've notice most parts of society isn't. Some most of it still practice racism as we all can see it plainly.

Two answers here - Perspective and nurture. Everyone has different perspectives. Not everybody is as enlightened as you are. People have different brain make-up. Some people grow up in homes/towns and see/hear only racism or other bigoted beliefs so they start to believe it themselves. And you can't disregard nurture. It plays a big role in the shaping of our morality system and if ingrained deep and hard enough, especially through fear, yeah it's going to be hard for these people to get out of the hammered-in bigoted mindset.

iloveanime222 wrote:I will be talking about age-ism. Not all. But I've been noticing some of the younger generations, even some people in their 20's are very void with a lot of adults.

Define "void" in this context? I don't understand how you're using that word here.

As for the rest of your large paragraph, "ageism" -- I suspect -- is likely a product of insecurity. Speaking on a strictly logic standpoint, there is no logical reason for somebody at any age to not play childrens' video games or watch cartoons or other things deemed "for children" or "for teenagers," etc. I'm at age 20 now and I still love to watch Spongebob and such. And I also feel some pressure from my peers that it's "weird" or "not normal" or silly thinking like that.

Where the 'norm' for this may have stemmed from? I wouldn't be surprised if we're too hypersensitive over pedophiles. Because there's nothing wrong with being a pedophile. There is when you become a sex offender, meaning you have acted on the thoughts. But just having aroused feelings isn't causing harm to anyone other than the pedophile for not practicing on ceasing them.

Perhaps we're too on high alert to protect our children so any older person doing a youthful activity is suspected and causes people to be leery, like it puts people on some auto-defense mode to protect the children or something. Perhaps this could be as result of our hypersexualized society and how sexually repressed we are and how basic understanding of psychology points out that repressing natural behaviors that aren't wrong creates problems. Anyways, this is my theory give or take.

ServantArcher
Anispace Beginner

Post by ServantArcher » 24 Jul 2014, 23:59

There will always be conflict. Only a matter of time before mankind destroys itself for foolish things such as religion, Racism, ect.

usuisou
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet

Post by usuisou » 25 Jul 2014, 00:01

Because we are human.

Misaki

Post by Misaki » 25 Jul 2014, 00:03

Simple answer.

People view each other differently, because everyone is different.
MISAKI AYUZAWA
— ONE HELL OF A MAID —

— MISAKI;
MAID & PRESIDENT
[/font]

Kristina
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by Kristina » 25 Jul 2014, 00:06

Everybody is different and we are just human so I think it's natural that people judge, too.

LadyDaemontus
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by LadyDaemontus » 25 Jul 2014, 00:07

Misaki wrote:Simple answer.

People view each other differently, because everyone is different.

Are you f*** serious?
:D Gamergate - Gaming - Culture - Lifestyle - Politics - Anti Feminism :shock:
:arrow: Twitter --> https://twitter.com/LadyDaemontus :!:
:arrow: Ask Fm --> https://ask.fm/LadyDaemontus :!: