Online dating.

Post your discussions here
Tsunami
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet

Re: Online dating.

Post by Tsunami » 19 Jan 2017, 09:34

It takes a lot of trust between two people to do this, if it's not there, what's the point?
Why can you drink a drink
but not food a food?

CaptivatingGarbage
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet

Post by CaptivatingGarbage » 20 Jan 2017, 03:47

Aerys wrote:
12 Jan 2017, 03:29
CaptivatingGarbage wrote:
09 Dec 2016, 08:15
You never know if the person you're dating is a psychopath until they give it away. That applies to both online and real life dating.

This applies to all forms of human interaction, though.
Just saying.

You don't know if the person at the Starbucks place is quietly adding a couple of drops of ricin in your coffee under the guise of sweetener. Not until you've had the coffee, anyway.
edgy
illumisomething
your public fairy godgrandad

Teoket
Anispace Beginner

Post by Teoket » 20 Jan 2017, 10:52

It's completely doable. But I think there has to be that understanding of what communication type it is. Understand that over online dating, there's a side of people they show, if that side is the way they actually are in real life is another story. Just be careful and cautious as with all forms of dating.

Like they said, you never know if they are a psychopath or not. But yes, all forms of communication can hide that. It's just easier through online dating communications, just my opinion.

Mirinae
Anispace Beginner

Post by Mirinae » 03 Apr 2017, 19:29

Like many others said before, it's doable.
Although there's pro's and con's and unfortunately for me, more con's than there are pro's.
Pros would be ;
1) You've found someone who you can actually connect with, someone who meets your standards.
2) If you're mad at them you don't have to see their face (lolol)
3) It becomes a symbol of strong trust with that person- that they are who they say they are
and that they wouldn't cheat on you and misbehave with other people whilst your absence.
4) IF you ever meet in real life, it would be the cutest and most emotional moment ever.
5) The Calls. The excuse of distance gives you more excuses to call them, whether video or voice. hehe c8<
SPAM CALL AT 2AM HAHAHAHAH :twisted:
jkjk..

q.q Can't really think of any more...

Cons would be;
1) Distance. Distance can become a real problem with people.
2) The comfort. Sometimes, you want to be comforted not only through text, but physical contact.
3) Sex. What are they supposed to get off on? Your sapnu?(read it upside down). It may become an
issue... unless your other and you are doing it cyber-wise. I wouldn't see a problem with it.
4) Trust. It's hard to trust someone online, how do you know they are who they say they are?
Anyone can EASILY pick a picture of Bob and go, "Hey I'm Bob! I'm 17 and I have the abs ;)" when
in actuality they are some fata.ss couch potato muffintop roblox looking fool who's 38 and terrible hygiene.
5) The connection. Messaging with a long distance lover can be difficult if one day they disappear off the
face of the Earth and you can't find any way to contact them. It could worry you half to death and upset you.
6) Depression & Disorders. If your loved one suffers from mental disorders such as depression and anxiety
and they're suicidal, if they go talking to you about cutting and the abuse they go through all the way in frlipping
NEW ZEALAND and you're all the way in ... i dunno, CHINA. How the heck are you going to feel if they want to
kill themselves and you're not there to stop them? Or if they are getting beat on by parents or peers and you can't
help them in any possible way because they're all the way in frucking NEW ZEALAND.
7) THE FLOPPING FRIGGIN TIME ZONES!!! — If you're lucky, you'll find someone who is at most two hours behind or
ahead so no biggie in contacting them. But in any case you have someone in... I dunno, the UNITED KINGDOM and you're
in the UNITED STATES, what the heck? 4/5ish hours behind or ahead?? That's insane. And very difficult.
If there's anyone who's dating someone exactly 12hrs apart, I FEEL BAD FOR YOU.
But naturally, nothing is perfect and there will always be bumps in the road of relationships!
PERSERVERE!!!

OT THO:: I don't mind Online Dating at all. In fact, I lowkey prefer it more over IRL dating.
Because of many of the Pro's I stated above plus my own personal reasons. Also meeting people
across the world is SOOOOO much fun, especially because you would meet someone who just FLIPPING CLICKS
LIKE THOSE SEATBELT BUCKLES! And then you're just like immediately best friends over like one minute
of rapid typing.
While in reality you gotta go through the work of overthinking, turning back, feeling bad for yourself,
walking over, tripping over a trashcan, being shy, saying hi, and then they think you're flipping weird
and the world ends.

LOLOL okay bye that was my opinion (((:: <3
HighRoller wrote: WHY WOULD I NEED COINS? WTF AM I GOING TO DO WITH THOSE?

SH*T, OUT OF AMMO. BETTER THROW THESE COINS IN HOPES THEY WONT HIT A OLD POOR MAN AND HIS DAUGHTER WITHOUT A PINKY

PapaKippy
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet

Post by PapaKippy » 03 Apr 2017, 19:30

MoonBees wrote:
03 Apr 2017, 19:29
Like many others said before, it's doable.
Although there's pro's and con's and unfortunately for me, more con's than there are pro's.
Pros would be ;
1) You've found someone who you can actually connect with, someone who meets your standards.
2) If you're mad at them you don't have to see their face (lolol)
3) It becomes a symbol of strong trust with that person- that they are who they say they are
and that they wouldn't cheat on you and misbehave with other people whilst your absence.
4) IF you ever meet in real life, it would be the cutest and most emotional moment ever.
5) The Calls. The excuse of distance gives you more excuses to call them, whether video or voice. hehe c8<
SPAM CALL AT 2AM HAHAHAHAH :twisted:
jkjk..

q.q Can't really think of any more...

Cons would be;
1) Distance. Distance can become a real problem with people.
2) The comfort. Sometimes, you want to be comforted not only through text, but physical contact.
3) Sex. What are they supposed to get off on? Your sapnu?(read it upside down). It may become an
issue... unless your other and you are doing it cyber-wise. I wouldn't see a problem with it.
4) Trust. It's hard to trust someone online, how do you know they are who they say they are?
Anyone can EASILY pick a picture of Bob and go, "Hey I'm Bob! I'm 17 and I have the abs ;)" when
in actuality they are some fata.ss couch potato muffintop roblox looking fool who's 38 and terrible hygiene.
5) The connection. Messaging with a long distance lover can be difficult if one day they disappear off the
face of the Earth and you can't find any way to contact them. It could worry you half to death and upset you.
6) Depression & Disorders. If your loved one suffers from mental disorders such as depression and anxiety
and they're suicidal, if they go talking to you about cutting and the abuse they go through all the way in frlipping
NEW ZEALAND and you're all the way in ... i dunno, CHINA. How the heck are you going to feel if they want to
kill themselves and you're not there to stop them? Or if they are getting beat on by parents or peers and you can't
help them in any possible way because they're all the way in frucking NEW ZEALAND.
7) THE FLOPPING FRIGGIN TIME ZONES!!! — If you're lucky, you'll find someone who is at most two hours behind or
ahead so no biggie in contacting them. But in any case you have someone in... I dunno, the UNITED KINGDOM and you're
in the UNITED STATES, what the heck? 4/5ish hours behind or ahead?? That's insane. And very difficult.
If there's anyone who's dating someone exactly 12hrs apart, I FEEL BAD FOR YOU.
But naturally, nothing is perfect and there will always be bumps in the road of relationships!
PERSERVERE!!!

OT THO:: I don't mind Online Dating at all. In fact, I lowkey prefer it more over IRL dating.
Because of many of the Pro's I stated above plus my own personal reasons. Also meeting people
across the world is SOOOOO much fun, especially because you would meet someone who just FLIPPING CLICKS
LIKE THOSE SEATBELT BUCKLES! And then you're just like immediately best friends over like one minute
of rapid typing.
While in reality you gotta go through the work of overthinking, turning back, feeling bad for yourself,
walking over, tripping over a trashcan, being shy, saying hi, and then they think you're flipping weird
and the world ends.

LOLOL okay bye that was my opinion (((:: <3
True..... true.

Sasuke
Anispace Beginner

Post by Sasuke » 04 Apr 2017, 19:23

It can work.

When you meet them in real life, that's when you find out who they really are.

PapaKippy
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet

Post by PapaKippy » 04 Apr 2017, 19:25

Do it.
You won't....
Pussy.

Undefined

Post by Undefined » 01 Jun 2017, 09:45

Online dating is dumb.

In the end, it's for sad people who can't get laid irl

Gnossienne
Anispace Beginner

Post by Gnossienne » 01 Jun 2017, 09:56

Undefined wrote:
01 Jun 2017, 09:45
Online dating is dumb.

In the end, it's for sad people who can't get laid irl
Honestly.

Mirinae
Anispace Beginner

Post by Mirinae » 01 Jun 2017, 10:43

Online dating relies on a strong trust bond, if you plan to take it seriously, that is.
I don't really have much of an opinion on it nowadays, I see it as the same as IRL
dating but, you could consider it "safer" for various reasons.
HighRoller wrote: WHY WOULD I NEED COINS? WTF AM I GOING TO DO WITH THOSE?

SH*T, OUT OF AMMO. BETTER THROW THESE COINS IN HOPES THEY WONT HIT A OLD POOR MAN AND HIS DAUGHTER WITHOUT A PINKY