Online dating.

Post your discussions here
Magia
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet

Re: Online dating.

Post by Magia » 03 Jun 2017, 07:34

Majority of it don't usually work, unless if both people really wanted to be together and actually go through the process of trying to meet with each other and such. Then great for them.

But I guess I've learn something from it, it takes patience and more. Sometimes it's bad because of trust issues. Sometimes I prefer it because I really want to know somebody and I'm not comfortable enough with physical(hugging,etc), yet. So yeah, I'll most likely be tense and weirded out about that before I get used to it. However, I do want somebody to ACTUALLY be there in person for me whenever I'm down or happy, give me affections and all that, even if I'm just generally distant. But, I guess I would say it isn't for everyone when it comes to having trust issues, anxiety and more. Though focusing on yourself rather than online is better, don't even have to worry much.
>> You all need a cure. _overhaul

Scientific
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by Scientific » 03 Jun 2017, 11:16

I've met with my current girlfriend. It started out as online dating, and now it's mixed. We have done what a couple would do in reality- we're planning to see each other again over the summer and are planning out moving out to get a home to ourselves when we have the money to do so.
We also lost our virginity to one another
---

It's difficult to maintain an online relationship, you gotta make time for them, prove them you can put effort into it and get to know them personally.

Romney

Post by Romney » 03 Jun 2017, 12:08

It's magic

MilkShakes
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by MilkShakes » 04 Jun 2017, 01:32

Magia wrote:
03 Jun 2017, 07:34
Majority of it don't usually work, unless if both people really wanted to be together and actually go through the process of trying to meet with each other and such. Then great for them.

But I guess I've learn something from it, it takes patience and more. Sometimes it's bad because of trust issues. Sometimes I prefer it because I really want to know somebody and I'm not comfortable enough with physical(hugging,etc), yet. So yeah, I'll most likely be tense and weirded out about that before I get used to it. However, I do want somebody to ACTUALLY be there in person for me whenever I'm down or happy, give me affections and all that, even if I'm just generally distant. But, I guess I would say it isn't for everyone when it comes to having trust issues, anxiety and more. Though focusing on yourself rather than online is better, don't even have to worry much.

That basically sums it up. The trust issues are mainly the reason why online dating is a no go for the majority of the time because you don't know who your messaging/chatting with, nor do you know if they're serious about the relationship or not. So it's better to date in real life, if anyone has social anxiety or anything of the sort, well gradually this can help you get out of your comfort zone. Plus, who said you can date your partner right away? You can just become friends first and see how it goes later down the line. Blah blah blah.

But yet again, it's a choice everyone has to make. If you choose to do online dating then you try it then, your better off experimenting for yourself. However, just know to be cautious when doing so. Patience is key and mainly the reason for break ups online because well it's frustrating for others and I've been there and done that. To me, since I'm an impatient blob, I can't stand distant relationships...text just can't cut it with me all the time. I gotta confront my partner so it can complete my five senses, bruh. Waiting and wondering isn't my thing.

Undefined

Post by Undefined » 05 Jun 2017, 09:55

the real problem is that some peeps might even be catfishing, using fake profiles.. lol

Espoir

Post by Espoir » 05 Jun 2017, 12:58

Undefined wrote:
05 Jun 2017, 09:55
the real problem is that some peeps might even be catfishing, using fake profiles.. lol
Them anime boys are real charmer.

I do believe online relationships can be successful but, you've got to take your time. Just because you are lonely doesn't mean you dat someone at first sight. Even though I don't believe in love at first sight certainly not to anyone on this site. Lol

ukiyo

Post by ukiyo » 05 Jun 2017, 15:28

not easy but if you find someone who's really special, who gives you no trouble and makes you feel at ease- 'tis worth it.

Adele

Post by Adele » 05 Jun 2017, 16:39

Online dating is not the easiest thing. It's a lot of fun. But sometimes you just want to kiss them but you can't. I'm in a online relationship and we both are really happy right now. You can make an online relationship work as long as there is honesty, loyalty, respect and love involved

Undefined

Post by Undefined » 13 Jun 2017, 05:25

catfishing is a srs problem

srsly people lol