Usagi Editing tips, Materials & Advice!

Show your personal arts, videos or anything that you've created in this forum.

Moderators: RukiaKuchiki, tsundere

Usagi
Anispace Pro
Anispace Pro

Usagi Editing tips, Materials & Advice!

Post by Usagi » 26 Sep 2016, 12:02

USAGI'S EDITING TIPS, AND ADVICE!

So I know there's already a editing tip forum, but I'm not really a "teacher" on there. Anyways, I've been editing for 4 + years. I know more ways of editing than just making avatars, signatures, renders, and layouts. I can also make OCs. I know a LOT of people were curious about it in the past. This will be a forum on how I edit on different editing softwares, such as PhotoShop CS5/6, Gimp, Paint.Net, and Paint Tool Sai.

Examples of OC edits
Image Image
These are more advance , and take time to learn, but learning to re-color certain things can be super simple to learn!

Also had fun making cover photos, which are also very easy to learn how to make and customize.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I'll also be teaching how to render in different styles, I already have one video about it, it's just a bit out dated, I will update soon though! Just post anything you need help about, or want a tutorial about, and I'll be quick to make one!

Also will be dumping my favorite fonts, patterns, brushes, and how to create quick backgrounds!

- - - - - - -
FONTS AND TEXTURES
Click me!
- - - - - - -
Last edited by Usagi on 26 Sep 2016, 14:22, edited 5 times in total.

Lunatique
Anispace Beginner

Re: Usagi Editing tips & Advice!

Post by Lunatique » 26 Sep 2016, 12:13

Re-coloring has been something I've wanted to learn. Do you use Paint Tool Sai for yours? Also do you use a tablet or mouse?

Usagi
Anispace Pro
Anispace Pro

Post by Usagi » 26 Sep 2016, 12:15

Lunatique wrote:Re-coloring has been something I've wanted to learn. Do you use Paint Tool Sai for yours? Also do you use a tablet or mouse?

Recoloring is something I've done on Gimp, and Photoshop mainly. I use Paint Tool Sai for my line arts. Coloring is easy, it's the selecting the parts you want to color that can be a bitch at first. What programs do you have?

Lunatique
Anispace Beginner

Post by Lunatique » 26 Sep 2016, 12:37

Usagi wrote:Recoloring is something I've done on Gimp, and Photoshop mainly. I use Paint Tool Sai for my line arts. Coloring is easy, it's the selecting the parts you want to color that can be a bitch at first. What programs do you have?
Huh, I just assumed you used Sai since that's what my sister used to use for her digital art.
I still have to get Paint Tool Sai for line arts probably. Right now I only have Photoshop.
I don't remember how to work Gimp anymore, so a tutorial and/or tips for Ps would be splendid. Image

CaptivatingGarbage
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet

Post by CaptivatingGarbage » 26 Sep 2016, 12:39

Let me simplify your life in regards to "rendering". Use the Pen Tool to make the selection. You can create curves, delete anchors or add anchors in your path which will prevent imperfections.
Also, using the "masking" feature is a great help too.
Combine the two methods above and you'll get a very powerful and easy to edit/use tool without the use of the "undo" command.

Trust me, I have a multimedia design degree. (graphic design included in the pack~)
illumisomething
your public fairy godgrandad

Usagi
Anispace Pro
Anispace Pro

Re: Usagi Editing tips, Materials & Advice!

Post by Usagi » 26 Sep 2016, 14:18

FONTS

TEXTURES