Visual Arts Help Thread.

Show your personal arts, videos or anything that you've created in this forum.

Moderators: RukiaKuchiki, tsundere

Whisper
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Re: Question for artists, who use the art tablet, Huion.

Post by Whisper » 08 Dec 2016, 16:55

Hey! I use a Wacom drawing tablet as well. It's actually been a long time since I last even picked up doodling with the device. This tech problem always occurs to me every once in awhile and at times even uninstalling the program and restarting the tablet and/or program doesn't solve the problem. It can be frustrating! Nonetheless, can I ask what program you are using to draw?

It may just be the program settings is not responding because of the settings for the pressure. From I remember, specifically through Sai program ( I imagine other softwares have similar settings) but you need to adjust the minimum pressure settings and set the detection pressure (0-100%) to 100%. This is found under the Others tab >>> Options >>> Digitizer Support. Make sure too that the program is detects the tablet in pen rather than mouse, also. I will provide a visual demonstration here:
As said, it varies by program but with similar settings. You may need to look up troubleshoot solutions by that program itself in order to figure where the pressure settings lies as well as the detection of the pen.

MilkShakes
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by MilkShakes » 08 Dec 2016, 17:07

Madison wrote:
MilkShakes wrote:
Madison wrote:
I don't have a Huion, I have Wacom, although this does happen to me a lot. I usually just reset my computer or I uninstall the entire program for my tablet and set it up again if resetting doesn't work. I've tried ever other method but with my Wacom that seems like the only solution
I tried resetting but it still doesn't work ;A; ugh...I wish I had a Wacom lol it seems like everyone has one but me ;w;
How about uninstalling? but Huion is good as well, bigger than the Wacom, or at least mine lol
I'm not a computer wiz...so I'm too afraid to re-install it because I won't know how to re-install it again lol. My boyfriend did it for me xD Sad. I know.

MilkShakes
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by MilkShakes » 08 Dec 2016, 17:08

Whisper wrote:Hey! I use a Wacom drawing tablet as well. It's actually been a long time since I last even picked up doodling with the device. This tech problem always occurs to me every once in awhile and at times even uninstalling the program and restarting the tablet and/or program doesn't solve the problem. It can be frustrating! Nonetheless, can I ask what program you are using to draw?

It may just be the program settings is not responding because of the settings for the pressure. From I remember, specifically through Sai program ( I imagine other softwares have similar settings) but you need to adjust the minimum pressure settings and set the detection pressure (0-100%) to 100%. This is found under the Others tab >>> Options >>> Digitizer Support. Make sure too that the program is detects the tablet in pen rather than mouse, also. I will provide a visual demonstration here:
As said, it varies by program but with similar settings. You may need to look up troubleshoot solutions by that program itself in order to figure where the pressure settings lies as well as the detection of the pen.
The art program I'm using is Krita, so it kind of confused me when you give me a Sai example ;w; my art tablet was never compatible with the art program Sai for some particular reason.

Whisper
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by Whisper » 08 Dec 2016, 17:16

Sorry about that, and I am not familiar unfortunately with Krita.
Odd how the tablet isn't compatible with Sai, since it's usually universal.
What comp system are you using, windows 7,8, 10, or Mac?
Perhaps this video may be of some help... maybe!

CaramelKisses

Looking for a writer!!

Post by CaramelKisses » 11 Feb 2017, 14:26

Hey! I'm Micah, I'm currently look for a writer for this comic I've been considering for two years now and I want it to come to life! I'm serious about this and I would like who ever is interested to be serious too. I have some art on my instagram page @beautiful_ruthless, but I also have a private portfolio of my characters that I have in mind. If anyone is interested, please let me know. I have a lot of connections with other authors that I developed relationships with over the years and I just haven't found the right partner to create my story with. It'll have a good go if it's written well and illustrated well once I represent it to an editor that I know in New York. So... Anyone in?

Email me, [email protected]
Or snap me theminx50
Or dm me on instagram beautiful_ruthless
Thanks again
"why would a man looking for hope look into his own grave?"