Film Club

All topics about clubs go here

Moderator: Auer

Ants
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Film Club

Post by Ants » 05 Aug 2016, 19:53

a club exclusively for movie fans or aspiring filmmakers. post about your favorite films or post your own short films/scripts/ideas for films, etc.
contact me on discord (username: official dana scully fan guy)

BenneathTheChaos
Anispace Beginner

Re: film club

Post by BenneathTheChaos » 15 Aug 2016, 07:21

The frist films of Star Wars for example in my case...

chocolatemarshmellow

Post by chocolatemarshmellow » 20 Aug 2016, 14:17

Hi there :) . I'm a fan of making movies, I think it would be awesome to help create one too :dance . Some of my favorite movies are the Great Gatsby, Labyrinth ( that starred David Bowie), The Princess Bride, and Into The Woods. What kind of movies do you like?

Ekko
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet

Post by Ekko » 19 Oct 2016, 07:39

Since this thread is incredibly empty, I'll be the one to bring it up again.

I'm in Full Sail University and quite possibly make more films as I go along in the program. I'm pretty sure I'll use this thread more since I'd like to take movie watching into a more serious hobby.

With that being said, I've only made one video for my VEM class and I was the script writer for this piece.

This is only our second month in, so everything's not as grand. I do some camera work for it as well but for the most part I wrote pretty much majority of the scene directions and some dialogue.

For this we received an A- and ranked second in the class, so I'm pretty proud of what we came up with.

Director;;
Joey M.

Actresses and single actor;;

Yuritizia G. - Blossom
Maria S. - Bubbles
Maliah L. - Buttercup
Naé R. - "Princess Morbucks"
Sif Wayne - The Professor
Ruben R. - Mark

Editors;;
Joshua P.
Maliah L.
Yuritizia G.

Cameras;;
Sif Wayne
Tatiana R.
Myself

Script Writers;;
Sif Wayne
Myself
"҉͚̥̹D̮͉̰̼̦o̢̠u̪̥͞b̠̺̩͎̲͙t͓ ̼͓̲m̸̜̗̩e͜ ͈̙͖̣-̣̥̮ ̨I͏ ̭̣̰̪̜͢l̳̞̟̬̹o̴͈̥v̵̭̻e͏̖ ͙̳͚̘͖t̸͇͉̻̮haͅt̻͇͓̮̙"̠

tsundere
Forum moderators
Forum moderators

Post by tsundere » 19 Oct 2016, 10:41

Id love to do a monthly screening of 2 or 3 movies! We could go based on genre or something c:

Ekko
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet

Post by Ekko » 19 Oct 2016, 10:57

tsundere wrote:Id love to do a monthly screening of 2 or 3 movies! We could go based on genre or something c:
That'd be cool. I'd love that.
I'm about to watch some films for my History of Motion Pictures class, so I'm in the mood for talking about films and such.

of course since it's October, I'd think it'd be nice to section it on horror films or anything that relates to that genre haha.
"҉͚̥̹D̮͉̰̼̦o̢̠u̪̥͞b̠̺̩͎̲͙t͓ ̼͓̲m̸̜̗̩e͜ ͈̙͖̣-̣̥̮ ̨I͏ ̭̣̰̪̜͢l̳̞̟̬̹o̴͈̥v̵̭̻e͏̖ ͙̳͚̘͖t̸͇͉̻̮haͅt̻͇͓̮̙"̠

tsundere
Forum moderators
Forum moderators

Post by tsundere » 19 Oct 2016, 11:52

I can't usually stomach horror, but I had to watch Fright Night for class. It's pretty good and I highly recommend it. I don't have time to go into detail right now, but I'll do so later!

EDIT: the 1985 movie, not the remake.

The special effects are amazing and it has that goofy 80's teen air that it should have! The characters are all pretty fun and easy to love, too. I don't have the energy to go on at the moment but it's seriously good.

Ekko
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet

Post by Ekko » 19 Oct 2016, 15:58

Fright Night, huh? I haven't actually watched that myself. I might add it to my watchlist.

I did finish An American Werewolf in London, which was something I had my eye on mildly. I wasn't very focused on watching it but when I was thinking up scary movies to watch, that one came to mind. I was actually not even aware that it's a comedy/horror either! So, come to find out that there was comedic elements in the thing was pretty cool.

The horror in on itself isn't too bad. The slaughter scenes were very tolerable. You rarely saw THAT much minus the undead corpses. The black humor was "cute." I rather enjoyed the characters contempt how the protagonist should kill himself because it all seemed so light. The topic of suicide was basically driven down to both a serious decision and comedic decision.

The actual werewolf wasn't too bad but the transition between man and wolf was done really nicely. You could really see and feel the absolute pain of going from man to beast.

The movie was straight to the point, as I read a review, and when you think about it it really is that blunt of a movie. Man gets bit by werewolf, turns into one, kills a bunch of people and boom story.

Even the ending was like "and there you have it" done. When I saw the ending and how it transitioned from the climax to the ending credits I was like REALLY??? THAT'S THE WAY IT ENDS??? but I don't think it should've been any other way. It was cut in such a way that the story is told and that's the way they wanted it to end. No bullcrap. No nothing. Here's the story and that's that.

If the title didn't already establish how final cut this movie is then I don't know what else does.

Dilemma
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by Dilemma » 19 Oct 2016, 16:36

My favorite movies of all time are
The Fault In Our Stars
Me before you
Paper towns
Big Daddy
Straight Outta Compton
Stepbrothers
White chicks
Mean Girls
Ted 1 & 2
'Peace, Love and Positivity.'

Ekko
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet

Post by Ekko » 19 Oct 2016, 16:58

Dilemma wrote:My favorite movies of all time are
The Fault In Our Stars
Me before you
Paper towns
Big Daddy
Straight Outta Compton
Stepbrothers
White chicks
Mean Girls
Ted 1 & 2
Mean Girls uggghhh
Best movie. I'll never get tired of it. I know too many references and no matter how many times I watch it, I always fall in love with it.

White Chicks was a movie I watched but didn't really pick on it until way later. I own it now on DVD and it's still funny, sometimes cringy, to watch.

The John Green fad was nice. Wasn't a big fan of The Fault in Our Stars, but I managed a single tear in the theaters. Paper Towns, the book, straight up pissed me off so I didn't even bother with the movie.

I've seen/heard of most of these movies minus Big Daddy, which I actually had to look up to see what it was about.

These are really nice selections. You really had a liking toward the vulgarity of things.