Metal Music Club

All topics about clubs go here

Moderator: Auer

SavarisTenkai
Anispace Beginner

Re: Metal Music Club

Post by SavarisTenkai » 25 Jul 2016, 10:12

Ants wrote: Brutal actually posted an entire comprehensive list of essential metal records here a few months ago, and i also gave some recommendations myself.
Ah, well good men. Saves me the time and effort of doing something productive. Now I'm free to selfishly rant about whatever I like instead.

Ants wrote:
Killua wrote:Damn Abime going old school before most of us were even born.
old school lo-fi black metal is my s***
Gotta go with the neo-classical, power, prog, symphonic, thrash, and just good ol' classic metal for me. I never could get into black metal. Sounds too much like it was recorded on a cheap tape player in some dude's garage (which much of it actually was) and gives me a damn headache like listening to radio static on max volume.
"Strength in numbers, a lie. The power's in one.
All together, you'll never be stronger than me."
~ Ronnie James Dio

SavarisTenkai
Anispace Beginner

Post by SavarisTenkai » 26 Jul 2016, 09:14

Slayera wrote:
Anton LaVeys Organ music is more Metal than Nightwish :p
For me, Nightwish hit hit their high with Oceanborn through Century Child. Angels Fall First could have been much better if not for it being their first effort and understandably being a bit sloppy in a few respects. But in those days, they truly were a unique and powerfully moving band. With Once, they started to show signs of drifting away from what made them so uniquely special on the first few records and they began their drift into more typical symphonic metal. Still good music, but not anything that a number of other bands couldn't have put out there. After Tarja left, the loss of that one-of-a-kind voice dropped them right into the midst of a whole horde of similar bands. Tuomas started shifting the focus of the music more and more toward his own instrument and ignoring the talents of the rest of the band, and so we end up with what we've got today: a great band, yes, but nothing close to the special power they once commanded. They're still above most of their peers, but back in the day they had no peers. And that makes all the difference for me.
"Strength in numbers, a lie. The power's in one.
All together, you'll never be stronger than me."
~ Ronnie James Dio

Devil
Anispace Beginner

Post by Devil » 26 Jul 2016, 09:34

I'll drop this off
[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=iHJjSSrR6x4[/youtube]