The Mod Squad and Friends

All topics about clubs go here

Moderator: Auer

User avatar
anarchistic
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet
Posts: 170
Joined: 09 Jul 2016, 10:27

Re: The Mod Squad and Friends

Post by anarchistic » 02 Nov 2016, 14:55

Seth wrote:
Kyotachi wrote:
Seth wrote:Brutal proposed removing the forum games section. Normally, I'm for a democratic vote as I've believed it to be the most fair for everyone. However, why not start doing test runs on these ideas? I don't see harm in a temporary test. Let some of these ideas be seen into action for a couple of weeks to see what happens. If it was for the best, keep it and if for the worst, reverse it. Why not?
Whats the harm of keeping it?
Some users here believe that it's been a big problem in the forum's deadweighted feeling with users obsessed with counting numbers before a mod posts and other pretty silly forum game threads. Forcing a removal of that whole section might yield interesting results to see what the community does in the forum without those forum games. Although there's some pretty easily "spammable/little to no thought or creativity" threads in the Random section, too. xD

Then nuke those as well.
If they are re--created in said experiment. Well its the mods call to get rid of those remakes.

User avatar
Kyotachi
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice
Posts: 948
Joined: 11 Mar 2015, 11:50

Re: The Mod Squad and Friends

Post by Kyotachi » 02 Nov 2016, 14:55

Seth wrote:
Kyotachi wrote:
Seth wrote:Brutal proposed removing the forum games section. Normally, I'm for a democratic vote as I've believed it to be the most fair for everyone. However, why not start doing test runs on these ideas? I don't see harm in a temporary test. Let some of these ideas be seen into action for a couple of weeks to see what happens. If it was for the best, keep it and if for the worst, reverse it. Why not?
Whats the harm of keeping it?
Some users here believe that it's been a big problem in the forum's deadweighted feeling with users obsessed with counting numbers before a mod posts and other pretty silly forum game threads. Forcing a removal of that whole section might yield interesting results to see what the community does in the forum without those forum games. Although there's some pretty easily "spammable/little to no thought or creativity" threads in the Random section, too. xD
I honestly dont see the point of removing it
Then again i dont see the point of keeping it either
But i'd probably find amusement in that democratic vote so go for it xD
"There is nothing good nor bad but thinking makes it so."

Image



User avatar
Mika
Anispace Champion
Anispace Champion
Posts: 3119
Joined: 22 Sep 2012, 18:56

Re: The Mod Squad and Friends

Post by Mika » 02 Nov 2016, 14:59

Sometimes it takes an asteroid to slam into the Earth and reshape the land for some real change and response to occur. Probably a poorly written figure of speech but point being is that I don't see why we can't test these ideas by putting them into action for a couple weeks and seeing what happens. We've already been through a lot of previous ideas never going into action & being left behind in discussion and I wonder how our old ways of seeing what we could do for this site have affected this place. Like I wonder how much progress we've actually made with those old ways. So why not try this and see what happens? I'm down for it.

User avatar
Night
Anispace Beginner
Posts: 25
Joined: 07 Sep 2015, 16:01

Re: The Mod Squad and Friends

Post by Night » 02 Nov 2016, 15:37

Although I'd personally like them gone all together, I'd be in favour of closing off the forum games for a given amount of time and see how things play out. Let's be realistic, the forum games don't offer anything at all to this forum. All they really do is merit one word replies, which, believe it or not, is considered spam in most places.

User avatar
LadyDaemontus
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice
Posts: 596
Joined: 03 Aug 2013, 20:05

Re: The Mod Squad and Friends

Post by LadyDaemontus » 03 Nov 2016, 03:35

Okay. I'm back from a hiatus having had to deal with Court matters and getting used to a relationship IRL.

Here's my take - no matter what you offer, most people here already think the website is dead. Look at some of you. You ALREADY have the attitude that the website should die or is dead. Some of you are even thinking of just ridding certain sections of the website with the attitude of 'Why bother?'. Some here have even commented 'if it dies, it dies'.

^ this, is friggin why it's dying. People gave up. Any effort made now just goes through one side and out the other with most people on here.

No one takes this website seriously anymore. And the one or two here who like the suggestions made, almost never even bother attending anything Ants or anyone else ever does in the ''Oh yeah! Cool! I will come'' and they end off fapping to something else. One of whom probably can't even see my post.

If there is ONE thing this year has taught me about people and that's that if a majority of people truly cared, or wanted this website to go back to its glory days, it would of been done by now. There would be no half asses promising to join Forum Events only to short come somewhere else.

Obviously, I won't - and I'm not - discrediting the people who have tried. You guys have done a good job and obviously, life gets in the way. But, peoples' attitudes are already focused on failure. Peoples' attitudes and effort for the most part are already half empty.

It's the attitude that determines the success of any relationship, job, hobby or project. So the ideas, for the most part, are good. You just have to change the attitude of the members.

Let's also look at this psychologically.

Why do people prefer game threads over general?

Same reason why you won't find a Debate Tent making profits if there is a carnival game beside it. There is no reward in being a critical thinker. There is no reward in being a smart ass. There is only loneliness, crippling depression and boosting the ego. Or, feeling satisfied you made a website butthurt (guilty here!).

Point is, game threads offer the satisfaction of 'winning'. Especially those counting threads which give the sense that you can beat a moderator.

People are drawn to whatever brings the most rewards. It's why WoW, Foxtel, Netflix or Vampirefreaks do so well. In exchange of money, or effort, rewards are given. For WoW, each time you subscribe, you get a game. Each time you subscribe to paid TV, you get the channels you like. Vampirefreaks has a point system and however you fall on the rank system determines your popularity and what reward the website team will mail out to you.

As far as the big picture is concerned, Anispace is just an ant compared to the money makers out there. The last forum I belonged to that had the same amount of activity as this has now since died. Literally. The person who created it simply stopped paying for the domain. And obviously, Luffy is Jesus in the sense that it feels like he only resurfaces every 1000 years. So to even have the resources to make this website remotely popular is dim.

Realistically, there is nothing truly spectacular about this website. There is no real reward, or proper friend recruitment system. And despite the topics offered, it's advertised as purely a place for anime weebs. Even Seth's only real argument is the fact that this website offers the best in profile customization.

And since Luffy is barely here, maybe Anispace can't be saved BUT perhaps some other people can work in making Weeboo 2.0 or something. Actual site admins, proper moderators who can be held much more accountable, proper systems in place to include the features we see on other websites.


:D Gamergate - Gaming - Culture - Lifestyle - Politics - Anti Feminism :shock:
:arrow: Twitter --> https://twitter.com/LadyDaemontus :!:
:arrow: Ask Fm --> https://ask.fm/LadyDaemontus :!:

User avatar
Spyro
Anispace Pro
Anispace Pro
Posts: 1179
Joined: 07 Jun 2012, 07:43

Re: The Mod Squad and Friends

Post by Spyro » 03 Nov 2016, 08:21

LadyDaemontus wrote:And since Luffy is barely here, maybe Anispace can't be saved BUT perhaps some other people can work in making Weeboo 2.0 or something. Actual site admins, proper moderators who can be held much more accountable, proper systems in place to include the features we see on other websites.
I like the Weeboo 2.0 reference. Weeboo sounds like a brilliant site name to me all of a sudden. User Venerable was supposedly designing a new site, but we or I haven't heard from him since. Just copy and past the Anispace profile layout, simplicity and go from there.
Image

User avatar
Nemisous
Anispace Pro
Anispace Pro
Posts: 1393
Joined: 17 Jan 2010, 00:06

Re: The Mod Squad and Friends

Post by Nemisous » 06 Feb 2017, 20:29

So when is this place gonna turn into a brothel?
Image

User avatar
Mika
Anispace Champion
Anispace Champion
Posts: 3119
Joined: 22 Sep 2012, 18:56

Re: The Mod Squad and Friends

Post by Mika » 06 Feb 2017, 21:18

Nemisous wrote:
06 Feb 2017, 20:29
So when is this place gonna turn into a brothel?
>Implying this place wasn't already a brothel

User avatar
Phantasm
Global moderators
Global moderators
Posts: 353
Joined: 29 Oct 2014, 00:31

Re: The Mod Squad and Friends

Post by Phantasm » 06 Feb 2017, 21:41

Seth wrote:
06 Feb 2017, 21:18
Nemisous wrote:
06 Feb 2017, 20:29
So when is this place gonna turn into a brothel?
>Implying this place wasn't already a brothel
Nope. You pay at brothels lmao

User avatar
Mika
Anispace Champion
Anispace Champion
Posts: 3119
Joined: 22 Sep 2012, 18:56

Re: The Mod Squad and Friends

Post by Mika » 06 Feb 2017, 21:48

Phantasm wrote:
06 Feb 2017, 21:41
Seth wrote:
06 Feb 2017, 21:18
Nemisous wrote:
06 Feb 2017, 20:29
So when is this place gonna turn into a brothel?
>Implying this place wasn't already a brothel
Nope. You pay at brothels lmao
there's just a lot of cheap ho's here. :3

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests