Anispace Apprentice

Re: The Mod Squad and Friends

Post by Kyotachi » 02 Nov 2016, 13:16

Ants wrote:
Lmaoo
Jesus man, you need to get out more
Life is not made out of forum threads or
Internet communities.

Do your thing, have fun while it lasts, if it dies it dies.
this means nothing in the context of this conversation
Well that comment WAS out of context and really random
"There is nothing good nor bad but thinking makes it so."

Mika
Anispace Champion
Anispace Champion

Post by Mika » 02 Nov 2016, 13:20

Boy, we really know how to take a discussion out of topic, huh? 3 or 4 pages of arguing with Tsundere over her mod position? Really lol?

I brought up the idea I did to start a brainstorm on what we could do to liven up the other sections of what has been a dead forum (other than the Random & FG sections). That was the main point of my paragraphs. The first two paragraphs were just a couple ideas I had that did not necessarily need to be valid but I thought it wouldn't hurt to try some of these things and if it fails, try again with new ideas. What else?

I think a big problem we have is that there's been a lot of potentially good ideas we never bothered to even try. Too many things stay in discussion and never get carried out. What harm is there in trying and putting some ideas in a test period? Give them a couple weeks and if there's no fruitful reward from the idea, just reverse it back to how things were.

Kyotachi
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by Kyotachi » 02 Nov 2016, 13:28

Seth wrote:Boy, we really know how to take a discussion out of topic, huh? 3 or 4 pages of arguing with Tsundere over her mod position? Really lol?

I brought up the idea I did to start a brainstorm on what we could do to liven up the other sections of what has been a dead forum (other than the Random & FG sections). That was the main point of my paragraphs. The first two paragraphs were just a couple ideas I had that did not necessarily need to be valid but I thought it wouldn't hurt to try some of these things and if it fails, try again with new ideas. What else?

I think a big problem we have is that there's been a lot of potentially good ideas we never bothered to even try. Too many things stay in discussion and never get carried out. What harm is there in trying and putting some ideas in a test period? Give them a couple weeks and if there's no fruitful reward from the idea, just reverse it back to how things were.
Because no one truly cares enough to put in the work, time and effort?
Well i wont say no one but the majority atleast.

Mika
Anispace Champion
Anispace Champion

Post by Mika » 02 Nov 2016, 13:35

Kyotachi wrote:
Seth wrote:Boy, we really know how to take a discussion out of topic, huh? 3 or 4 pages of arguing with Tsundere over her mod position? Really lol?

That defeatist attitude with no constructive input in the discussion will certainly help with that.

Kyotachi
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by Kyotachi » 02 Nov 2016, 13:47

Constructive input?
People just dont care, what else do you want me to say?
You will probably never see me give constructive criticism
Based on anything remotely related to anispace, the community
its functions and proper solutions to the problem(s).
Im here just as much as the next guy, solely out of boredom
And the occasional visit to the site because i still enjoy to get on
Reply to the few comments and maybe edit.

Asking me to give a constructive input on why people dont care?
What even :?

anarchistic
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet

Post by anarchistic » 02 Nov 2016, 14:33

Seth wrote:
Kyotachi wrote:

That defeatist attitude with no constructive input in the discussion will certainly help with that.

Weell.
With a community that cares more about counting to 100 before an authoritative figure interrupts or the hug fest that goes on in another forum, it's reasonable to have that attitude. The community do not give a shiit about anything long term (see ants previous points about plug.dj and his anime streaming idea) as long as they can still waste days of their lives having said hugging fest or counting til a mod jump in. Then they don't care about making the site flourish. That being said. Press the red button and nuke the forum games. Itll kick people in the ass enough to comply in discussions. Or theyll all run back to their metaphorical caves (profiles) and never come out. Or a third option is they'll all state they are leaving the site but stay or come back later like a week in bc editing possibilities.

Mika
Anispace Champion
Anispace Champion

Post by Mika » 02 Nov 2016, 14:46

Brutal proposed removing the forum games section. Normally, I'm for a democratic vote as I've believed it to be the most fair for everyone. However, why not start doing test runs on these ideas? I don't see harm in a temporary test. Let some of these ideas be seen into action for a couple of weeks to see what happens. If it was for the best, keep it and if for the worst, reverse it. Why not?

Ants
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by Ants » 02 Nov 2016, 14:48

Seth wrote:Brutal proposed removing the forum games section. Normally, I'm for a democratic vote as I've believed it to be the most fair for everyone. However, why not start doing test runs on these ideas? I don't see harm in a temporary test. Let some of these ideas be seen into action for a couple of weeks to see what happens. If it was for the best, keep it and if for the worst, reverse it. Why not?
huh
actually, don't contact me.

Kyotachi
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by Kyotachi » 02 Nov 2016, 14:48

Seth wrote:Brutal proposed removing the forum games section. Normally, I'm for a democratic vote as I've believed it to be the most fair for everyone. However, why not start doing test runs on these ideas? I don't see harm in a temporary test. Let some of these ideas be seen into action for a couple of weeks to see what happens. If it was for the best, keep it and if for the worst, reverse it. Why not?
Whats the harm of keeping it?

Mika
Anispace Champion
Anispace Champion

Post by Mika » 02 Nov 2016, 14:52

Kyotachi wrote:
Whats the harm of keeping it?
Some users here believe that it's been a big problem in the forum's deadweighted feeling with users obsessed with counting numbers before a mod posts and other pretty silly forum game threads. Forcing a removal of that whole section might yield interesting results to see what the community does in the forum without those forum games. Although there's some pretty easily "spammable/little to no thought or creativity" threads in the Random section, too. xD