The Mod Squad and Friends

All topics about clubs go here

Moderator: Auer

Ants
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Re: The Mod Squad and Friends

Post by Ants » 01 Nov 2016, 20:27

Seth wrote:Mods, I think the Random thread ought to be a bit more cleaned out. It gets far too much attention. The Clubs section of our forum keeps dying. We can bring it back to life by encouraging users to take certain posts to a club thread where it would fit.

Or, Mods, better idea: I petition for the Random thread to become a club thread (move to the club section & thread retitle like 'The Shenanigans Club' or 'Tomfoolery Club' lol). Yes? Please? We ought to spread more life into more areas of our forum than where it's been pretty much dying. And we can do that with you guys' ability to move & retitle threads.

In point: There is far too much attention on the Random & Forum Games forum sections. We should brainstorm ideas on how we can breathe life into otherwise forgotten sections of our forum.
won't work
contact me on discord (username: official dana scully fan guy)

Mika
Anispace Champion
Anispace Champion

Post by Mika » 02 Nov 2016, 00:32

Ants wrote:
Seth wrote:Mods, I think the Random thread ought to be a bit more cleaned out. It gets far too much attention. The Clubs section of our forum keeps dying. We can bring it back to life by encouraging users to take certain posts to a club thread where it would fit.

Or, Mods, better idea: I petition for the Random thread to become a club thread (move to the club section & thread retitle like 'The Shenanigans Club' or 'Tomfoolery Club' lol). Yes? Please? We ought to spread more life into more areas of our forum than where it's been pretty much dying. And we can do that with you guys' ability to move & retitle threads.

In point: There is far too much attention on the Random & Forum Games forum sections. We should brainstorm ideas on how we can breathe life into otherwise forgotten sections of our forum.
won't work
Great, constructive input. Really put a lot of thought into that, I can tell. Thanks for keeping the conversation going.

LadyDaemontus
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by LadyDaemontus » 02 Nov 2016, 00:39

*busts door open*

I SMELL BUTTHURT!

Temperance
Anispace Beginner

Post by Temperance » 02 Nov 2016, 01:26

I don't like participating, but since no one pay attention to me, maybe I can give out opinion. Ant's comment is a little pessimistic, but he/she is not wrong. I can't blame the "Random and Games" forum either. We're human. I think humans usually love to talk about ourselves most of the times, and thats what is under Random and Games forum. The question usually has something to do with you.

Im busy with school, and I have other hobbies and skill (that I enhance each day); drawing, sewing, arts and crafts, working out, and reading. I go online whenever I can, and most of the time its at midnight, pacific time? Same as you, lol. I tried going to other forums, and digging up older topics, but its either what I put are not interesting, or people are just lazy or do see the point of putting what they think out there.

I think its more lets make something that catches everyones attention, starting with talking about ourselves? Or anything that has to do with ourselves?

I can ignite fires. It can upset users, just promise me not to ban me lel. I recently and purposely broke a friendship of 8 years between 2 girls, using a man >.>"

Spyro
Anispace Pro
Anispace Pro

Post by Spyro » 02 Nov 2016, 06:30

Seth wrote:Great, constructive input. Really put a lot of thought into that, I can tell. Thanks for keeping the conversation going.
I been analyzing and there's really no way around it. Livelier activity of Anispace requires the downfall of a another similar site like MyAnimeList, basically a site sacrifice. Call it a joke if you want. That's the type of help Anispace ended up needing.

I already kind of moved to Reddit. The community is great and are on the same detail mentality as you would want. Only major downfall is, threads are archived within 6 months.

Ants
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by Ants » 02 Nov 2016, 08:31

Seth wrote:Great, constructive input. Really put a lot of thought into that, I can tell. Thanks for keeping the conversation going.
either the mods won't do your idea or it won't work if they do.
Encouraging users won't do s***. If anyone on this site was interested in doing new things or wanted to unite the community then I wouldn't have to wait f*** hours for people to join the stuff that I do. The two ideas I had should've theoretically reinvigorated the user base by now. The problem isn't the mods or the admin. The problem is the community. So no, it won't work.

The plug dj idea survived for a few weeks and died off because everyone hijacked it and started fighting with each other. The anime idea worked twice before I literally waited over 6 hours this past Friday and not a single person came. I could confidently say that I, a regular user with absolutely no site powers, gave everyone more tools to have fun with then a few mods and I got no results.

The mods offered an entire video game tournament idea and everyone in the forums pretended to be interested but it never got off the ground. Even the f*** mods forgot about it and the thread is now gathering dust.

So let's see, first I publish a bunch of long form, thought provoking posts about art and politics. The Donald trump thread is pretty active, but no one reads the first post and the point of the thread eludes everyone. Then, instead of that, I offer short, extremely simple ways to gather everybody in one place and doing things everyone should like in theory (listening to music and watching anime). These things don't require any more than a few clicks on a mouse and yet NO ONE does it. So now, the most active forum I've ever made is the weird fetish club, where there's maybe 40-50 pages in a thread that I anticipated to get no attention. Clearly, now we know where everyone's interests lie.
contact me on discord (username: official dana scully fan guy)

Kyotachi
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by Kyotachi » 02 Nov 2016, 10:39

Ants wrote:
either the mods won't do your idea or it won't work if they do.
Encouraging users won't do s***. If anyone on this site was interested in doing new things or wanted to unite the community then I wouldn't have to wait f*** hours for people to join the stuff that I do. The two ideas I had should've theoretically reinvigorated the user base by now. The problem isn't the mods or the admin. The problem is the community. So no, it won't work.

The plug dj idea survived for a few weeks and died off because everyone hijacked it and started fighting with each other. The anime idea worked twice before I literally waited over 6 hours this past Friday and not a single person came. I could confidently say that I, a regular user with absolutely no site powers, gave everyone more tools to have fun with then a few mods and I got no results.

The mods offered an entire video game tournament idea and everyone in the forums pretended to be interested but it never got off the ground. Even the f*** mods forgot about it and the thread is now gathering dust.

So let's see, first I publish a bunch of long form, thought provoking posts about art and politics. The Donald trump thread is pretty active, but no one reads the first post and the point of the thread eludes everyone. Then, instead of that, I offer short, extremely simple ways to gather everybody in one place and doing things everyone should like in theory (listening to music and watching anime). These things don't require any more than a few clicks on a mouse and yet NO ONE does it. So now, the most active forum I've ever made is the weird fetish club, where there's maybe 40-50 pages in a thread that I anticipated to get no attention. Clearly, now we know where everyone's interests lie.
Lmaoo
Jesus man, you need to get out more
Life is not made out of forum threads or
Internet communities.

Do your thing, have fun while it lasts, if it dies it dies.
"There is nothing good nor bad but thinking makes it so."

tsundere
Forum moderators
Forum moderators

Post by tsundere » 02 Nov 2016, 10:52

We didn't forget about the tournament. We had IRL matters come up that forced us to put it on hold for a while. I told you this. We also have to find a workaround for our wifi, as we can't connect our 3DSes to online features with friends.

Kyotachi
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by Kyotachi » 02 Nov 2016, 10:56

tsundere wrote:We didn't forget about the tournament. We had IRL matters come up that forced us toput it on hold for a while. I told you this. We also have to find a workaround for our wifi, as we can't connect our 3DSes to online features with friends.
If you dont have time, get more mods?
Which is kinda strange that every moderator on AniSpaceueu had
IRL matters to tend to during consecutive number of weeks
"There is nothing good nor bad but thinking makes it so."

tsundere
Forum moderators
Forum moderators

Post by tsundere » 02 Nov 2016, 11:54

yes. IRL matters can take weeks. You don't know what goes on in our lives. Don't make assumptions.

I have chronic health issues. These are serious issues that require regular meetings and medication and physical therapy. Excuse me for having flare ups to tend to every few months.

Most of our mods are active consistently. I don't have a clue where you're getting your information from aside from me and Auer. Auer has had his own problems the last couple of months. The mods are aware of all of this as we communicate pretty regularly.

You guys need to stop making things like this up and remember that we are simply volunteers. Literally all the other mods are active here. They just may not be speaking. Most mod work happens behind the scenes.

Again, where are you getting the idea that all mods are inactive from? I'm the only mod to have taken a hiatus that's lasted more than 2 weeks.