The Yaoi Club

All topics about clubs go here

Moderator: Auer

Xaneski

The Yaoi Club

Post by Xaneski » 16 Aug 2015, 06:52

I'm surprised there wasn't a Yaoi club already. I'm sure there are a lot of Fujoshis and Fudanshis out there. c:

Deidars
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet

Re: The Yaoi Club

Post by Deidars » 16 Aug 2015, 06:56

yuri pls

Manson
Anispace Beginner

Post by Manson » 16 Aug 2015, 07:51

No one wants to join your weenie club.

Mika
Anispace Champion
Anispace Champion

Post by Mika » 17 Aug 2015, 08:53

Manson wrote:No one wants to join your weenie club.
LOL what if I do

But for real though, as long as things in here remain PG-13 then go for it. Maybe share some cute male homo couples, or share cute yaoi anime to watch like Love Stage or Loveless (I recommend Loveless; haven't seen Love Stage but it looks super cute -- and my recommendation is based on Loveless' story/plot, I don't care as much for the brief bits of ecchi in it). Maybe talk about yaoi anime here with PG-13 pictures, like sharing the characters with clothes on.

The only thing I gotta say about this club is to really, really keep things PG-13 in here. xD I can see this too easily bordering into board warning and thread lock zone for the inappropriate pictures. That's just my opinion. I'll let the club section mods handle the rest.

8-) Stay classy, not crass.

Mika
Anispace Champion
Anispace Champion

Post by Mika » 17 Aug 2015, 09:28

Oh, and, stay on-topic please. This is a club for talking about yaoi. This isn't the Random thread. One or two joking posts are fine. Let's not have every response this thread gets be an off-topic/spamming one.

---
OT: Furthering my recommendation with Loveless...

Twelve-year old Aoyagi Ritsuka is left with his insane mother as his only family when his brother, Seimei, is killed suddenly. After moving to a new school, he meets Agatsuma Soubi, who claims to have known his brother. Ritsuka eventually discovers that Soubi and Seimei used to be a fighting pair, whereby Soubi was the "Fighter" and Seimei was the "Sacrifice". Now that Seimei is gone, Ritsuka has inherited Soubi, who will become his "Fighter". After learning that Seimei was killed by an organisation known as the "Seven Moons", Ritsuka decides to investigate into his brother's death, with the sometimes useless help of Soubi, along the way.

A 12 episode anime, its creative story/plot was very appreciated and I could emotionally connect to the characters well. I also love how it follows yaoi relationships, but is not mindlessly focused on sex only. It actually has a great story and character development. I highly recommend this anime if you don't mind a little yaoi suggestions (I would struggle to call it even an ecchi). The "Fighter" & "Sacrifice" concept the anime adapts is great. I really enjoyed the idea and the plot that followed with it.

I rate it an 8/10.

Xaneski

Post by Xaneski » 17 Aug 2015, 10:25

I think I may have watched Loveless, most probably it was only one episode.
I must admit - at the time I wasn't mainly looking for a Yaoi for its plot. I'll reconsider it and watch Loveless sometime soon. Sounds interesting - never heard/seen a Yaoi like that.

Mika
Anispace Champion
Anispace Champion

Post by Mika » 17 Aug 2015, 11:14

Xaneski wrote:I think I may have watched Loveless, most probably it was only one episode.
I must admit - at the time I wasn't mainly looking for a Yaoi for its plot. I'll reconsider it and watch Loveless sometime soon. Sounds interesting - never heard/seen a Yaoi like that.
You should certainly see the whole thing. It's only 12 episodes long and it was pretty good.

I've had the yaoi anime 'Junjou Romantica' on my mind lately. It might be the next anime I want to see (and would be the 2nd yaoi anime I've ever watched). I hear so much about it in the yaoi fan community with so much praise so I guess it might be pretty good according to the responses it gets.

However, reading the synopsis of the anime, it seems to have a very strong focus on character relationships rather than a story/plot. I haven't seen it so I can't be certain. I can get attached to the characters pretty well, but having a good story/plot is also important to me to have in an anime.

BloodyRose

Post by BloodyRose » 17 Aug 2015, 11:21

OOOOOOOOOOOOH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

DONT SHOW THIS TO YEARZERO
I N S A N I T Y

Xaneski

Post by Xaneski » 17 Aug 2015, 11:29

Seth wrote:
Xaneski wrote:I think I may have watched Loveless, most probably it was only one episode.
You should certainly see the whole thing. It's only 12 episodes long and it was pretty good.

I've had the yaoi anime 'Junjou Romantica' on my mind lately. It might be the next anime I want to see (and would be the 2nd yaoi anime I've ever watched). I hear so much about it in the yaoi fan community with so much praise so I guess it might be pretty good according to the responses it gets.

However, reading the synopsis of the anime, it seems to have a very strong focus on character relationships rather than a story/plot. I haven't seen it so I can't be certain. I can get attached to the characters pretty well, but having a good story/plot is also important to me to have in an anime.
Junjou Romantica is my childhood Yaoi and infact my first. I'd say there's literally no plot, more of the ''Oh dear, what should I do? he just said that!'' kind of drama. There's a vast majority that don't like Junjou to which their reasons can be very agreeable. There's a new season (3) if you didn't know; so that's why it's talked about as of recently. The episodes come out weekly on Wednesdays 10:20 AM Pacific Standard Time on gogoanime.com (Mind you, sometimes it comes out later). There's 6 episodes out so far.

I can't really suggest to you to watch the previous two seasons first, as I can't remember much although I know how the dynamics work in the relationships in the couples (I think there's three shown in the anime). My friend is watching the new season without having seen the first two. It's really up to you if you're the type of person that doesn't want to miss anything. :b

sichrix
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by sichrix » 17 Aug 2015, 17:42

Xaneski wrote:I'm surprised there wasn't a Yaoi club already. I'm sure there are a lot of Fujoshis and Fudanshis out there. c:
I have never heard these terms before. Might I bother you to explain what they mean.

As far as yaoi goes, I have read a few mangas: Little Butterfly, Selfish Love, Beyond My Touch, etc; and a few fanficitions. Are there any recommendations in either anime or manga that you might give?
@>)--- I'm Nobody. Who Are You? Are You -Nobody- Too? ---(<@