Samurai Jack Returns 2016

Talk about Music, Movies, and TV Shows in here.

Moderator: Auer

OrehCursor
Global moderators
Global moderators

Re: Samurai Jack Returns 2016

Post by OrehCursor » 23 May 2017, 09:31

Accela wrote:
22 May 2017, 21:56
That last episode was one of the absolute worst endings I've ever seen to anything. It's full of inconsistencies, paradoxes, and contradictions to previous seasons. It's so bad that it retroactively ruins the rest of the series for me.
It sucks because those first three episodes of this season were absolutely amazing. Episodes 4-7 were still good but not on the same level as the first three. 8 felt like filler and a waste of time. By Episode 9, things started getting really interesting again. But then Episode 10 felt like they just gave up and threw a bunch of s*** together so they could end the show and call it a day.
I don't entirely blame the writers. Part of the problem was they were only given 10 episodes to fit everything in (while previous seasons were 13 episodes long). By the time they got to the final episode, they realized they still had a lot of s*** they needed to wrap up so it ended up feeling incredibly sloppy and rushed. I think it just goes to show that in order for reboots to work, both the original creators and the network it's airing on need to be fully on board with it.
Samurai Jack is still one of my favorite cartoons of all time, but I can't even see myself rewatching the show again unless I just ignore that last episode. They might as well have just ended the series by having Professor Utonium waking up and realizing it was all a dream. It would've had the same impact on me in the end.
"Oh Accela posted. Let's see if he is gonna complain about something"

"Yeeeeeeep"
The winner is the most adaptive one.

Ruby
Anispace Beginner

Post by Ruby » 23 May 2017, 17:05

OrehCursor wrote:
23 May 2017, 09:31
Accela wrote:
That last episode was one of the absolute worst endings I've ever seen to anything. It's full of inconsistencies, paradoxes, and contradictions to previous seasons. It's so bad that it retroactively ruins the rest of the series for me.
It sucks because those first three episodes of this season were absolutely amazing. Episodes 4-7 were still good but not on the same level as the first three. 8 felt like filler and a waste of time. By Episode 9, things started getting really interesting again. But then Episode 10 felt like they just gave up and threw a bunch of s*** together so they could end the show and call it a day.
I don't entirely blame the writers. Part of the problem was they were only given 10 episodes to fit everything in (while previous seasons were 13 episodes long). By the time they got to the final episode, they realized they still had a lot of s*** they needed to wrap up so it ended up feeling incredibly sloppy and rushed. I think it just goes to show that in order for reboots to work, both the original creators and the network it's airing on need to be fully on board with it.
Samurai Jack is still one of my favorite cartoons of all time, but I can't even see myself rewatching the show again unless I just ignore that last episode. They might as well have just ended the series by having Professor Utonium waking up and realizing it was all a dream. It would've had the same impact on me in the end.

"Yeeeeeeep"
Lmao, oh wow

Accela
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet

Post by Accela » 24 May 2017, 03:29

OrehCursor wrote:
Accela wrote:

"Yeeeeeeep"
If you don't agree with what I had to say then how about you actually try to counter it?
Funny coming from someone who whines and bitches about his job as a mod. Fucking idiot.
You don't even post anything for months then come on here just to say something that fucking stupid instead of actually discussing the damn show.
These are the types of people running this site and people wonder why it's so shit.

OrehCursor
Global moderators
Global moderators

Post by OrehCursor » 24 May 2017, 11:14

Accela wrote:
24 May 2017, 03:29
OrehCursor wrote:
Accela wrote:

"Yeeeeeeep"
If you don't agree with what I had to say then how about you actually try to counter it?
Funny coming from someone who whines and bitches about his job as a mod. f*** idiot.
You don't even post anything for months then come on here just to say something that f*** stupid instead of actually discussing the damn show.
These are the types of people running this site and people wonder why it's so s***.

EDIT: Although I have to admit, the ending felt hella rushed. But Samurai Jack wasn't exactly a deep intricate show to begin with.
The winner is the most adaptive one.

Natsu
Anispace Pro
Anispace Pro

Post by Natsu » 25 May 2017, 02:21

This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.

Ruby
Anispace Beginner

Post by Ruby » 27 May 2017, 19:23

Tonight Toonami is showing i think the entire last season from 11-4 after that its over i guess, RIP

xSaint

Post by xSaint » 28 May 2017, 01:16

Ok its dead now thats a wrap folks.

NarutoXUzumakii
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by NarutoXUzumakii » 27 Jun 2017, 18:00

I loved everything about it. The ending depressing as shit but it made me very happy they brought a piece of my childhood back, especially adult swim.
I wanna die