Wifi Help: Connected but no Internet - How to Fix/Stop from Happening [Windows 10]

Drop your suggestions, ideas, and reports in here.

Moderators: Auer, xNyctophilia

Brii
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Wifi Help: Connected but no Internet - How to Fix/Stop from Happening [Windows 10]

Post by Brii » 27 Feb 2017, 14:07

Thank you for clicking.
I have been having an issue with my laptop for the past week and it is really driving me insane. I received this laptop for Christmas last year so it should not be having issues yet it is. So around last Wednesday, my laptop all of a sudden decided to stop connecting to the internet. I would disconnect and this stupid, evil, white star symbol would be above my wifi. I uninstalled my network adapter and restarted my laptop multiple times. I have updated the drivers. I even called my internet provider and received a brand new modem from them. I even imputed commands to update my IP and everything the troubleshooter said that the wifi lacked. I ran my virus ware making sure nothing malicious attacked my laptop but NOTHING WORKED. i tried going to my friend's house to connect this his wifi but nothing. My laptop simply would connect but no internet would be accessed.

I lost it. Finally, I went to Best Buy and the Geek Squad for assistance. They explained that it was a software issue and reinstalled/reset my laptop. I get back to college and laptop works fine, like a dream but now I have come across that evil, white star once again. As I sit here, typing this forum post, describing the hell I was put through, I have one question to ask: how do I stop this or fix this issue from happening without having to reset my entire laptop if this happens yet again?

I hope someone will help me with my problem for this is ridiculous. I need my laptop and internet so for it to do this is truly a nightmare for me. It was working fine until this happened. Best Buy told me that it was a software issue and Microsoft is to blame but I'm not sure for I am no technician.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

QUEEN BRII
ᴵˡˡᵘˢᶤᵒᶰᶤˢᵗ ᴰᵉˢᶤᵍᶰˢ

Eli
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet

Re: Wifi Help: Connected but no Internet - How to Fix/Stop from Happening [Windows 10]

Post by Eli » 27 Feb 2017, 14:40

What brand is your Laptop? I have ran into a similar problem myself in the past and now I have to use a USB wireless adapter for my laptop to get a connection. From my understanding, it could be your NC is messed up inside the laptop, or the network adapters in the laptop might not be updated as you think they are.

" The People you hate are a reflection of your own Flaws."

Brii
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Re: Wifi Help: Connected but no Internet - How to Fix/Stop from Happening [Windows 10]

Post by Brii » 27 Feb 2017, 14:47

Eli wrote:
27 Feb 2017, 14:40
What brand is your Laptop? I have ran into a similar problem myself in the past and now I have to use a USB wireless adapter for my laptop to get a connection. From my understanding, it could be your NC is messed up inside the laptop, or the network adapters in the laptop might not be updated as you think they are.
It is an ASUS.

QUEEN BRII
ᴵˡˡᵘˢᶤᵒᶰᶤˢᵗ ᴰᵉˢᶤᵍᶰˢ

CosmicGrimoire
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by CosmicGrimoire » 27 Feb 2017, 16:45

Ohhhhh my god. I've been having the same issue for the last few months on my HP Windows 8 since getting a new modem. Have yet to find a solution. I'm also desperate for help. ;-; Tried literally everything.
--[♚]--

Humanity's Last Hope

OrehCursor wrote:You ever go to a dictionary and look up the term dickhead? you'll see a picture of yourself next to it.