[A Final Warning]

Drop your suggestions, ideas, and reports in here.

Moderators: Auer, xNyctophilia

OrehCursor
Global moderators
Global moderators

Re: [A Final Warning]

Post by OrehCursor » 02 Mar 2016, 07:41

Lack of progress is stagnation- not death. But stagnation could spell death. I just hope that in worst case scenario- you guys have alternatives.
The winner is the most adaptive one.

Vayne

Post by Vayne » 02 Mar 2016, 07:45

OrehCursor wrote:Lack of progress is stagnation- not death. But stagnation could spell death. I just hope that in worst case scenario- you guys have alternatives.
I mean.. Fakku has a great community

Shep
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet

Post by Shep » 02 Mar 2016, 08:04

Seth wrote:Time and time again does this exact panic chat happen. "Oh nos luffy's gone, he no care, anivide go die, what do with life now"

No, Anispace is not dead nor can you people say it will die. Just because Luffy made public the website's financial situation doesn't mean it will be shutdown. These are all just assumptions and theories not worth stressing over. No, Anispace is not dead. It's just forever stuck in a loop of "Just enough to get by." Because that's how Luffy's been running this site for years. Some of you all here <2013 join dates and earlier should be used to this by now. This is not new news. Just relax and go with the flow. That's all we can do, anyways. We probably won't be seeing an update or a shutdown (any significant change to the site) anytime soon. We haven't seen one years ago when Rottenbutter the Global Mod was arguing with Luffy and tired of how he runs the place, we probably won't see anything soon now either. This is old news, folks. Move along.
SuperMega is just saying in a nutshell to develop alternative means to contact those you care about and to backup your work on other websites. For all intents and purposes Skype is a much better means of contacting those you care about especially with Group Chats you can associate with your online fam individually or within a group setting. Plus you never know when Oreh or someone is just going to delete your work. So just back it up. You never know if the site is going to get hacked and Luffy will have to pay the hacker again. Might as well get a means to contact fam other than this singular website.
OrehCursor wrote:I just hope that in worst case scenario- you guys have alternatives.

Spyro
Anispace Pro
Anispace Pro

Post by Spyro » 03 Mar 2016, 15:49

Shep wrote:You never know if the site is going to get hacked and Luffy will have to pay the hacker again. Might as well get a means to contact fam other than this singular website.
Nah, Luffy never paid the hacker. I figured it out. He just stated so he wouldn't possibly lose his reputation. If that was the case, Luffy wouldn't have needed to transfer our accounts from Anivide to Anispace and request we change our passwords.

ruffles
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by ruffles » 03 Mar 2016, 16:20

Spyro wrote:
Shep wrote:You never know if the site is going to get hacked and Luffy will have to pay the hacker again. Might as well get a means to contact fam other than this singular website.
Nah, Luffy never paid the hacker. I figured it out. He just stated so he wouldn't possibly lose his reputation. If that was the case, Luffy wouldn't have needed to transfer our accounts from Anivide to Anispace and request we change our passwords.

I'm 90% sure that the hacker in fact was paid to stop. But that aside, I don't see how that's evidence that he didn't pay him to stop.

OrehCursor
Global moderators
Global moderators

Post by OrehCursor » 03 Mar 2016, 16:21

Spyro wrote:
How would that even save face? That would and did the exact opposite. He requested people change passwords because the payment wasn't a truce. Case and point, they have used accounts whose passwords didn't change to pull shit before.

ruffles
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by ruffles » 03 Mar 2016, 16:22

Hilariously enough, changing the passwords made it even easier for the hacker to get access to people's accounts.

OrehCursor
Global moderators
Global moderators

Post by OrehCursor » 03 Mar 2016, 16:24

ruffles wrote:Hilariously enough, changing the passwords made it even easier for the hacker to get access to people's accounts.
No...????? Something I'm missing here?

ruffles
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by ruffles » 03 Mar 2016, 16:24

OrehCursor wrote:
ruffles wrote:Hilariously enough, changing the passwords made it even easier for the hacker to get access to people's accounts.
No...????? Something I'm missing here?

That's what I was told. might've been false

Mika
Anispace Champion
Anispace Champion

Post by Mika » 03 Mar 2016, 16:39

Shep wrote:
Seth wrote:Time and time again does this exact panic chat happen. "Oh nos luffy's gone, he no care, anivide go die, what do with life now"

No, Anispace is not dead nor can you people say it will die. Just because Luffy made public the website's financial situation doesn't mean it will be shutdown. These are all just assumptions and theories not worth stressing over. No, Anispace is not dead. It's just forever stuck in a loop of "Just enough to get by." Because that's how Luffy's been running this site for years. Some of you all here <2013 join dates and earlier should be used to this by now. This is not new news. Just relax and go with the flow. That's all we can do, anyways. We probably won't be seeing an update or a shutdown (any significant change to the site) anytime soon. We haven't seen one years ago when Rottenbutter the Global Mod was arguing with Luffy and tired of how he runs the place, we probably won't see anything soon now either. This is old news, folks. Move along.
SuperMega is just saying in a nutshell to develop alternative means to contact those you care about and to backup your work on other websites. For all intents and purposes Skype is a much better means of contacting those you care about especially with Group Chats you can associate with your online fam individually or within a group setting. Plus you never know when Oreh or someone is just going to delete your work. So just back it up. You never know if the site is going to get hacked and Luffy will have to pay the hacker again. Might as well get a means to contact fam other than this singular website.
Having a backup is wise for any scenario. Bruteddy is suggesting a worst-case scenario that has 98% of his thread responses being like "Oh nos, luffy gone, Anispace dead, blah blah blah" and that's what I was addressing.