[A Final Warning]

Drop your suggestions, ideas, and reports in here.

Moderators: Auer, xNyctophilia

SuperMegaUltraBrutal
Anispace Beginner

[A Final Warning]

Post by SuperMegaUltraBrutal » 01 Mar 2016, 15:16

Given the nature of my actions and state of mind I am acutely aware I have no right to ask this in advance, but I would hope the active mods would grant me what I consider to be a reasonable request since the nature of this post is aimed at helping the last shred of the community. And that request is to leave this thread alone at least for a few days or until a sizable number of users have seen it to spread the word around.

Now read this carefully, friends. You may have come across the rare appearance of our main Admin and caught his rather vexing comments earlier today. This thread here will not be an indictment on the guy as his crimes are already well documented and it's already pretty well known to the right folks what I happen to think about him. No, this is a warning for what remains of the community that resides here.

Realistically speaking, by my estimation, it's quite unlikely that enough active users will disable their adblockers in support of the site. Nor do I think enough people will make potent donations on a monthly basis. I'm not knocking you guys for that. It just is what it is. As ruffles adequately pointed out in the other thread, there is no sense of passion or vision for the site as it exists now. There are no future projects in the works. No updates or bug fixes. There is no incentive to support this site. Again, for once, this cannot be blamed on the regular user or even the mod. But with all this in mind, it's best to start considering the worst case scenario and prepare for it if it comes to pass.

[So what happens if the site goes down tomorrow?]

If you've spent a great deal of time and energy here this likely means you have developed an impressive portfolio of work and/or you have accumulated friendships that you'd rather not lose just because the one thing connecting you together has suddenly disappeared. For this I have a few suggestions...

1) For your created original content such as visual art, poetry, essays, fictional works, etc....
A: Back up your work and save them in your private folders. If you have not already done so create separate blogs and upload your content there for safe keeping.

2) Your network of friends and acquaintances.
Most of the youtube guys are probably fine and can probably just meetup back there but for those who can't, there are other options.

- http://myanimelist.net/ revamp your MAL accounts and generate a club.
- exchange each other's kik and skype accounts
- Find alternative websites such as https://www.animebasket.com/

It's time to take inventory of your hard work and friends you care about and do what you can to make sure your tribes stick together just in case.

[see ya around]
My last remaining links to the site are no longer a factor and everyone I care about I already have on other online outlets. That, combined with my increasingly busy school schedule means it's probably time to take a break if not check out of the site one final time altogether. I'll be on periodically for the rest of this day to get a few skype accounts if ya want mine but consider this my final thread. Thanks for dealing with my nonsense all this time fellas. I appreciate it.

Lastly, nothing it set in stone. I'm not here to alarm or depress you. Chances are this site will go on another several months just fine. I just want you guys to be prepared if it doesn't.

\m/
Last edited by SuperMegaUltraBrutal on 05 Mar 2016, 23:49, edited 1 time in total.

animepro88
Anispace Pro
Anispace Pro

Re: [A Final Warning]

Post by animepro88 » 01 Mar 2016, 16:04

my alternative is Google plus

good to chat(site, app, & Hangouts), can post stuff like images or your edits or videos(YouTube or Google plus videos)

has thousands of communities you can join

(and can post 18+ stuff when shared privately or in 18+ communities)
Monster Hunter Generations

Vayne

Post by Vayne » 01 Mar 2016, 16:09

I dont think this site is about to go under.
Luffy does not want it dead, or it would be a long time ago.

But informative post i guess, I mean you never know.

Fawk
Anispace Pro
Anispace Pro

Post by Fawk » 01 Mar 2016, 16:14

Vayne wrote:I dont think this site is about to go under.

Here's the thing though: the site IS already dead. There's nothing to look forward to. No new nothing, really.

BatmanTheDarkKnight
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by BatmanTheDarkKnight » 01 Mar 2016, 16:15

Fawk wrote:

Here's the thing though: the site IS already dead. There's nothing to look forward to. No new nothing, really.
Look what happened to Rphut. It's still online but It's dead.

Vayne

Post by Vayne » 01 Mar 2016, 16:22

Fawk wrote:

As long as there are people up to the count of 10 still going arround here
the site will not be presumed "Dead".
No matter the little to none updates on the code script and server host.

Dead is not the term for this site as we, among 50 other members still use this site.
We still edit to our preference, we still comment and interact.
And we still argue over every forum post.

The site is Dying however, seeing as how many people
stop visiting this site or tend to leave due to a busy real life/social life
or because its uninteresting due to Luffy's inactivity

Mika
Anispace Champion
Anispace Champion

Post by Mika » 01 Mar 2016, 16:37

Time and time again does this exact panic chat happen. "Oh nos luffy's gone, he no care, anivide go die, what do with life now"

No, Anispace is not dead nor can you people say it will die. Just because Luffy made public the website's financial situation doesn't mean it will be shutdown. These are all just assumptions and theories not worth stressing over. No, Anispace is not dead. It's just forever stuck in a loop of "Just enough to get by." Because that's how Luffy's been running this site for years. Some of you all here <2013 join dates and earlier should be used to this by now. This is not new news. Just relax and go with the flow. That's all we can do, anyways. We probably won't be seeing an update or a shutdown (any significant change to the site) anytime soon. We haven't seen one years ago when Rottenbutter the Global Mod was arguing with Luffy and tired of how he runs the place, we probably won't see anything soon now either. This is old news, folks. Move along.

BatmanTheDarkKnight
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by BatmanTheDarkKnight » 01 Mar 2016, 17:06

Seth wrote:Time and time again does this exact panic chat happen. "Oh nos luffy's gone, he no care, anivide go die, what do with life now"

No, Anispace is not dead nor can you people say it will die. Just because Luffy made public the website's financial situation doesn't mean it will be shutdown. These are all just assumptions and theories not worth stressing over. No, Anispace is not dead. It's just forever stuck in a loop of "Just enough to get by." Because that's how Luffy's been running this site for years. Some of you all here <2013 join dates and earlier should be used to this by now. This is not new news. Just relax and go with the flow. That's all we can do, anyways. We probably won't be seeing an update or a shutdown (any significant change to the site) anytime soon. We haven't seen one years ago when Rottenbutter the Global Mod was arguing with Luffy and tired of how he runs the place, we probably won't see anything soon now either. This is old news, folks. Move along.
That's exactly what I've seen saying all along.Seth said it better.

Kryptonite

Post by Kryptonite » 01 Mar 2016, 17:07

my kik is iwouldf*ckscourge
⚫ ⚫ ⚫

Evolution

Post by Evolution » 01 Mar 2016, 17:09

wot goin' on.