How To Deal With Each Other

Drop your suggestions, ideas, and reports in here.

Moderators: Auer, xNyctophilia

Ascend

Re: How To Deal With Each Other

Post by Ascend » 22 Aug 2015, 05:31

OrehCursor wrote:Okay so clearly for some of you monkeys, blocking isnt enough or I guess some inconsiderate faggots dont bother putting a block button on their page. (Like the basement dwellers that dont have a pause on their music on their page. NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR YOUR DUMB HEAVY METAL). Yeah Im a lil salty atm.

ANYWAYS, lately I have been getting a lotta annoying reports that boil down to "he said/she said" bullsh*t.
>THis person call me a hoe
> Well this person has been harrassing me for years.

And honestly???? Enough. Stop. Don't waste the mods time with that crap.
"UH EXCUSE YOU MR. MOD THIS IS YOUR JOB!"
No. It really isnt. It isnt our job to play kindergarten teacher and tell Jimmy to go sit in the corner because he called you a booger head.
Which btw, going on with that analogy, this isnt kindergarten. YOu aren't like a toddler. Most of you are in your teens or hell you're bloody adults. And yet Im still getting people in their 20s going all like "SARA SAID THIS ABOUT ME, MUMMY!"

And enough. Honestly. So let me go into details about what you shouldnt report and what you should be reporting.

Stop coming to us mods about a user talking bad about you. Because frankly, we shouldnt have to do s*** about that. 1) Freedom of speech. They are allow to say whatever they want as long as it isnt outright hate speech like racism or sexism. (Well technically those are also protected by freedom of speech but we are allow to exercise some restrictions here. -adjusts green belt- deal with it.) 2) You could also learn to be an adult and not care??????????? Like oh that one person that hates me is talking bad about me. And I care why????

"BUT THEY ARE TELLING OTHER USERS LIES ABOUT ME" Okay? THen leave it up to the users whether or not they want to blindly believe gossip from the get-go. Clearly they are idiots for not taking any info they hear with a grain of salt and were clearly not even worth your time to begin with. Let the sheep be sheep. "BUT THEY EVEN TURNED MY GF/BF AGAINST ME!" Wow your significant other must have /really/ cared about you to immediately buy words from a stranger over their love one. Unless these supposed "lies" turn out to be true. Look honey, if the shoe fits, it fits. Maybe you shouldnt have done those awful things to begin with huh? Karma's a bitch.

So next time some user talks s*** about you, block them and learn how to not give a s*** like a reasonable adult. Let people worth your time come to you without immediately believing rumors.

"BUT THEY STOLE MY OC!"
-beats your f*cking brains in with a shovel- I really hate this one.

Oh? THey stole your oc? you mean the one that is neither legal property nor protected under copyright? That one? Eh sucks to suck. You realize they stolen a mere idea, at best, not something tangible. It happens. Just one up the posers and do your OC better than them. WHat? They are doing better than you? Sucks. to. suck. Life aint fair.

What should be reported then?
COmment spam and actually trolling.
But if you are gonna report spam, make sure a mods sees it.

As for actually trolling, it might be confusing what counts as a user just being at odds with another user and actually trolling. For a user to be counted as a troll 1) The nature of their account is that of a hate account 2) The majority of their activity centers around causing grief and 3) If a large /varying/ group of users all have troubles with that single user in similar fashion. Now I say varying, meaning not a single group of mutual friends, because it could just be one user standing at odd with that group's similiar ideal, as oppose to several different users of no connection have the same issue with a troll.

> What if the user is threatening me with something dangerous.
IF the threat has little claim then ignore it.

But if the threat actually is a legit one... well... WHAT ARE YOU DOING REPORTING THIS TO SOME RANDOM GUYS ON AN ANIME WEBSITE. If a person is seriously threatening your life or something you need to call the freaking police or something, dammit.

TL;DR Version: Stop coming to the mods crying when a user speaks bad about you. Grow a pair and learn how to not care.
LMFAO.
He put his emotion into that I can feel the heat.
"Grow a pair." Loool.
:lol:

Saphire
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet

Post by Saphire » 22 Aug 2015, 06:01

@OrehCursor, damn.. o.o"

I think that the 'OC' argument is stupid. e-e" I can understand it a little if they are using art that you actually created and put hard work into.. but most of the OCs I see on here are just traced artwork from copyrighted anime, you can't really claim that as yours completely... lol.

Seraph
Global moderators
Global moderators

Post by Seraph » 22 Aug 2015, 06:06

Saphire wrote:@OrehCursor, damn.. o.o"

I think that the 'OC' argument is stupid. e-e" I can understand it a little if they are using art that you actually created and put hard work into.. but most of the OCs I see on here are just traced artwork from copyrighted anime, you can't really claim that as yours completely... lol.
All the more reason to not go to a mod about it then. xD

Ascend

Post by Ascend » 22 Aug 2015, 06:20

AskingAlexandria wrote:

All the more reason to not go to a mod about it then. xD
But apparently its life or death LMFAO.
So they do it anyway.

OrehCursor
Global moderators
Global moderators

Post by OrehCursor » 22 Aug 2015, 07:51

That's why you watermark your work and save your work progress somewhere.
The winner is the most adaptive one.

Dull
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by Dull » 22 Aug 2015, 09:33

OrehCursor wrote:Okay so clearly for some of you monkeys, blocking isnt enough or I guess some inconsiderate faggots dont bother putting a block button on their page. (Like the basement dwellers that dont have a pause on their music on their page. NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR YOUR DUMB HEAVY METAL). Yeah Im a lil salty atm.

TL;DR Version: Stop coming to the mods crying when a user speaks bad about you. Grow a pair and learn how to not care.
But aren't you supposed to go to the mods when you're being harassed by another user? Or is that not a thing here? I mean this website is already disorganized as fuck so who knows. Also, watch it with the homophobic slang. Not everyone's comfortable with that. And if you don't like their "dumb heavy metal", refrain from going on their page. They're allowed to put any music they want to put, they shouldn't be stopped because O Lord And Savior Oreh thinks it's trash.

Also a "little salty" wouldn't even begin to explain your... essay/rant. You seem VERY salty. It must be hard to be a GM on Anispace. The struggle.
Embrace your inner insanity.

ShirouEmiya
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by ShirouEmiya » 22 Aug 2015, 09:41

You seem a little too biased there. You can't expect everyone to have the same, "Don't give a sht" attitude. If you don't like certain people, that's your problem.
Last edited by ShirouEmiya on 22 Aug 2015, 09:44, edited 2 times in total.

OrehCursor
Global moderators
Global moderators

Post by OrehCursor » 22 Aug 2015, 09:42

Dull wrote:

But aren't you supposed to go to the mods when you're being harassed by another user? Or is that not a thing here? I mean this website is already disorganized as f*** so who knows. Also, watch it with the homophobic slang. Not everyone's comfortable with that. And if you don't like their "dumb heavy metal", refrain from going on their page. They're allowed to put any music they want to put, they shouldn't be stopped because O Lord And Savior Oreh thinks it's trash.

Also a "little salty" wouldn't even begin to explain your... essay/rant. You seem VERY salty. It must be hard to be a GM on Anispace. The struggle.
But are you /really/ being harassed? Shit like being genuinely threaten, one sided trolling, or spam is harassment. Everything else is mere words you can easily ignore. We shouldn't have to ban people because because of paper thick skin.

Again, it's the Internet. You should not be on it if you can't handle a few ugly words. or you can just hang out on tumblr in attempts to justify your consistent miserableness.

> refrain from going to their page
because as a mod I have the option to completely ignore people??? But hell that was just a dumb side comment, so whatever.

Every once in while I hang out with friends for an extensive period of time. It's usually during these times that i come back and just realize how dumb some people are in this site. Like... log off and hang out with friends. Or go actually make some friends with some common sense you left behind when getting online
ShirouEmiya wrote:

You seem a little too biased there.
Go on.
The winner is the most adaptive one.

Apleidimas
Anispace Beginner

Post by Apleidimas » 22 Aug 2015, 09:51

Rick wrote:
Dull wrote:Also, watch it with the homophobic slang. Not everyone's comfortable with that. And if you don't like their "dumb heavy metal", refrain from going on their page. They're allowed to put any music they want to put, they shouldn't be stopped because O Lord And Savior Oreh thinks it's trash.

You're quite the edgy individual, aren't ya?
She can speak what she wants. How about the block button? Good idea, do it.
And don't give a sht about their damn insults and stuff, be the bigger person instead of crying.
WHERE FEELINGS MEAN NOTHING NOW

Dull
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by Dull » 22 Aug 2015, 09:58

OrehCursor wrote: But are you /really/ being harassed? s*** like being genuinely threaten, one sided trolling, or spam is harassment. Everything else is mere words you can easily ignore. We shouldn't have to ban people because because of paper thick skin.

Some people, you're right, aren't being harassed. But there are issues where people are actually being harassed/threatened for little to no reason, and it's gotten to the point where it's out of hand. Which is when it's their time to come to a mod. If someone calls you a bitch or a dumbass, no you shouldn't really whine to the mods, hopefully all of us are old enough to handle our situation the right way, but like I mentioned before, things DO get out of hand sometimes. Sometimes to the point where people are ready to contact authorities or are considering self-harming/committing suicide.

It sounds like you can't even handle the basics of your job. You always seem irritated to do things all of the mods do on a daily basis without complaining. Unfortunately for you, Oreh, a lot of the people on this site are whiny weeaboos who can't handle their own problems, so if you can't handle it, you should really reconsider.

> refrain from going to their page
because as a mod I have the option to completely ignore people??? But hell that was just a dumb side comment, so whatever.

But as a mod, you shouldn't even need to go on their page that often, unless they are messaging you or there is a situation going on or whatever. You're making it sound as if it is mandatory that you go on every second of the day. You don't have to completely ignore them, but no one's forcing you to look at their page. If you're going to be whiny about fucking music, then have another mod deal with the issue.

Every once in while I hang out with friends for an extensive period of time. It's usually during these times that i come back and just realize how dumb some people are in this site. Like... log off and hang out with friends. Or go actually make some friends with some common sense you left behind when getting online

Maybe realize that...not everyone has friends in real life? Some people have social issues/other problems that stop them from having the normal amount of friends in real life, which is why they go onto the internet. Not everyone has friends to hang out with. Or they do, but their friends are faker than all of the Kardashian-Jenner family combined, and really don't care to spend time with that individual. Think about other people's situations.
Rick wrote:You're quite the edgy individual, aren't ya?
I wouldn't say edgy, but...
Embrace your inner insanity.