Moderator Recruitment Q&A

This is where we'll announce anything new to the site.
Mika
Anispace Champion
Anispace Champion

Moderator Recruitment Q&A

Post by Mika » 09 Mar 2016, 18:58

This will be interesting to see who applies and who makes the cut. Good luck, potential newbies to Le' Squad. 8-)

ruffles
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Re: Moderator Recruitment Center

Post by ruffles » 09 Mar 2016, 19:08

o shit boi lets go send your applications y'all

Yuri
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by Yuri » 09 Mar 2016, 19:26

I wish you all the best of luck, so

Yuri, The ℓιgн† нєяσ.
Sheild190 wrote:Dude, WTF is Hobby Lobby? It's actually called, "Cape Fear Games."

Hanakotoba
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet

Post by Hanakotoba » 09 Mar 2016, 20:15

Best o' luck to everyone!
Skysoldier wrote:Lunatique Designs. Making AniSpace less of an eyesore. One avatar. At a time.

Mika
Anispace Champion
Anispace Champion

Post by Mika » 09 Mar 2016, 20:47

ruffles wrote:
the greatest application of all time

1. What forum do you want to be a moderator (max 3 forums, and none of the individual anime sections)?

entertainment or anime general

2. What makes you suitable for this position?

my supernal communication capabilities and my unyielding fighting spirit. i have carved my name into the depth's of anispace history. you may be wondering; "how can we trust this guy? he has a potty mouth, he constantly gets into arguments and he's been banned in the past. he's gotten multiple warnings and proves time and time again that he's an irresponsible arsehole who can't be trusted with any position of authority without jacking it up. he's the internet equivalent to donald trump; an ugly communist who will certainly be the genesis of our website's down fall, and he needs to be stopped. truthfully, he should've been banned long ago." And to that i respond, you're absolutely correct. i am all of those things, but...

foremost, i am one of the greatest content creators that this site has ever seen. i've conducted analytical masterpieces whilst in an drunken stupor (see my k-on review) and my sense of humor is unparalleled--manically wafting betwixt nonsensical self-loathing and never-ending soliloquy to your average joke about beers and jews. my taste in anime is superior to that of the average peon, thus making me a fine contender as the anime section's moderator, and forthwith, i've created some of the greatest and most hilarious and devilishly charming reviews this site has ever seen. emotionally detached? an apt description, but that instability and stoicism would work in *our* favor as i would be able to objectively determine the quality of a post. the attitude i exude in the forum section is only one of the many facets of my rich and complex personality, as i can alternate with utmost finesse between artistic (as proven by my amazing tumblr) and autistic (as proven by my anime reviewing persona). my determination is never broken, for i typed this entire thing on a broken keyboard where the "nine" key persistently appears in every sentence that i've typed thus far, and yet i bothered to edit my post to perfection. i'm witty and outspoken but also arrogant and possibly mentally challenged, but that only adds to my charm. think of all the ointment my naysayer's will need to apply on their blushed sphincters in the possible event that i become a part of the mod squad. it would make for brilliant comedy and reaffirmation that you indeed made the correct decision.

consider my allies: the fallen mod brutal (my mother) with amazing taste in metal, oreh; the mexican college student with an unstable diet, fawk; the meme master, the blind bandit, a.k.a VISCERAL, riptide aka chahlee (the man who's tumblr surpasses mine by leaps and bounds), and haine (the ultimate shit-poster). I am also the son of Mirage (my father), and i binged watched steven universe and gravity falls with rottenbutter to guide me through the journey into the unknown realm of western animation. of course, there's the countless unnamed (viceking, copcake, rie, etc). now, does this mean that i'm as amazing as them? not necessarily, however my personality has been molded by these talented and marvelous individuals thus making me a powerhouse of multiple personalities and numerous talents. in 2012, when i travelled from youtube to here, me and my friends played a pivotal role in crafting the once great roleplaying community which has died ever since their exodus. don't you see this profile picture? it's the perfect mixture between being the perfect meme while also being aesthetically pleasing.

but what would i do for the community? well, first off, i'll make sure that i keep the forums from being filled up with useless garbage and i will also be interacting with them like how i usually do; the socratic method. yes, my ability to question one's beliefs is socratic, albeit much more abrasive. the abrasive attitude is a mechanism in manipulating the dull characters that permeate this site and making them colorful--lively, thus making the forums a much more pleasurable viewing experience for the rest of the userbase. i turn day talk melodrama into intense philosophical discussions about existentialism in k-on. what more could you ask for? i'm also extremely democratic in my approach (see http://strawpoll.me/6921071). in my 3 years of being here, i've only blocked a single person. i don't censor the thoughts of anyone. in fact, i do the opposite. i challenge people's point of views while maintaining my devilish charm. now, look at these memes:

you see these memes? this is the pinnacle of my appeal: my memes. i collect the most creme de la creme memes you've ever seen, and they're critically acclaimed across the board. the memes start comin and they won't stop comin.

i've gotten my thread sticky'd and i've already taken my first step into the role of a patrician through becoming an anime reviewer. now i ain't talkin about gm's and admin stuff, but choosing me as a forum mod is the most logical step. as a token of my appreciation and as a gift to the community, i present you all with a download link with all 151 of my smug anime girl pictures. perfect for shitposting:

https://mega.nz/#F!2w4xmaZY!reOA8Azdzo0TpbYbkHJXpg

3. How much time do you spend on Anispace?
i've logged on at least once everyday for the past two years.

4. Do you have any experiences with being a forum moderator?
i once moderated a class discussion on a children's book in third grade.

5. Why do you want the position?

to prove to the world that any sad ol chap can become a moderator. also, see number 2.

now that that's over, have an aubrey:

#Abimeme2016
#VoteForAbimeme
#AbimemeForMod

He will join the Original Mod Squad Greats if elected. One vote for Abimeme is one vote for a second Golden Era of Anispace!

BatmanTheDarkKnight
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by BatmanTheDarkKnight » 09 Mar 2016, 20:59

Seth wrote:
ruffles wrote:

1. What forum do you want to be a moderator (max 3 forums, and none of the individual anime sections)?

my supernal communication capabilities and my unyielding fighting spirit. i have carved my name into the depth's of anispace history. you may be wondering; "how can we trust this guy? he has a potty mouth, he constantly gets into arguments and he's been banned in the past. he's gotten multiple warnings and proves time and time again that he's an irresponsible arsehole who can't be trusted with any position of authority without jacking it up. he's the internet equivalent to donald trump; an ugly communist who will certainly be the genesis of our website's down fall, and he needs to be stopped. truthfully, he should've been banned long ago." And to that i respond, you're absolutely correct. i am all of those things, but...

foremost, i am one of the greatest content creators that this site has ever seen. i've conducted analytical masterpieces whilst in an drunken stupor (see my k-on review) and my sense of humor is unparalleled--manically wafting betwixt nonsensical self-loathing and never-ending soliloquy to your average joke about beers and jews. my taste in anime is superior to that of the average peon, thus making me a fine contender as the anime section's moderator, and forthwith, i've created some of the greatest and most hilarious and devilishly charming reviews this site has ever seen. emotionally detached? an apt description, but that instability and stoicism would work in *our* favor as i would be able to objectively determine the quality of a post. the attitude i exude in the forum section is only one of the many facets of my rich and complex personality, as i can alternate with utmost finesse between artistic (as proven by my amazing tumblr) and autistic (as proven by my anime reviewing persona). my determination is never broken, for i typed this entire thing on a broken keyboard where the "nine" key persistently appears in every sentence that i've typed thus far, and yet i bothered to edit my post to perfection. i'm witty and outspoken but also arrogant and possibly mentally challenged, but that only adds to my charm. think of all the ointment my naysayer's will need to apply on their blushed sphincters in the possible event that i become a part of the mod squad. it would make for brilliant comedy and reaffirmation that you indeed made the correct decision.

consider my allies: the fallen mod brutal (my mother) with amazing taste in metal, oreh; the mexican college student with an unstable diet, fawk; the meme master, the blind bandit, a.k.a VISCERAL, riptide aka chahlee (the man who's tumblr surpasses mine by leaps and bounds), and haine (the ultimate shit-poster). I am also the son of Mirage (my father), and i binged watched steven universe and gravity falls with rottenbutter to guide me through the journey into the unknown realm of western animation. of course, there's the countless unnamed (viceking, copcake, rie, etc). now, does this mean that i'm as amazing as them? not necessarily, however my personality has been molded by these talented and marvelous individuals thus making me a powerhouse of multiple personalities and numerous talents. in 2012, when i travelled from youtube to here, me and my friends played a pivotal role in crafting the once great roleplaying community which has died ever since their exodus. don't you see this profile picture? it's the perfect mixture between being the perfect meme while also being aesthetically pleasing.

but what would i do for the community? well, first off, i'll make sure that i keep the forums from being filled up with useless garbage and i will also be interacting with them like how i usually do; the socratic method. yes, my ability to question one's beliefs is socratic, albeit much more abrasive. the abrasive attitude is a mechanism in manipulating the dull characters that permeate this site and making them colorful--lively, thus making the forums a much more pleasurable viewing experience for the rest of the userbase. i turn day talk melodrama into intense philosophical discussions about existentialism in k-on. what more could you ask for? i'm also extremely democratic in my approach (see http://strawpoll.me/6921071). in my 3 years of being here, i've only blocked a single person. i don't censor the thoughts of anyone. in fact, i do the opposite. i challenge people's point of views while maintaining my devilish charm. now, look at these memes:

you see these memes? this is the pinnacle of my appeal: my memes. i collect the most creme de la creme memes you've ever seen, and they're critically acclaimed across the board. the memes start comin and they won't stop comin.

i've gotten my thread sticky'd and i've already taken my first step into the role of a patrician through becoming an anime reviewer. now i ain't talkin about gm's and admin stuff, but choosing me as a forum mod is the most logical step. as a token of my appreciation and as a gift to the community, i present you all with a download link with all 151 of my smug anime girl pictures. perfect for shitposting:

to prove to the world that any sad ol chap can become a moderator. also, see number 2.

#Abimeme2016
#VoteForAbimeme
#AbimemeForMod

He will join the Original Mod Squad Greats if elected. One vote for Abimeme is one vote for a second Golden Era of Anispace!
Uh no..just no..

ruffles
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by ruffles » 09 Mar 2016, 21:00

BatmanTheDarkKnight wrote:
Seth wrote:
ruffles wrote:

#Abimeme2016
#VoteForAbimeme
#AbimemeForMod

Uh no..just no..

rieyukimura
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by rieyukimura » 09 Mar 2016, 21:34

Seth wrote:
#Abimeme2016
#VoteForAbimeme
#AbimemeForMod

[/quote]

Totally agreed. No offense to current mods but Abimeme is at PAR with the ORIGINAL MOD SQUAD if you know what I mean.

Abimeme, AMAZING application! * tears of joy. You grew up! I'm so proud of you!

“Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit.” -E. E. Cummings
““You cannot dream yourself into character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.” –Henry David Thoreau”

Noct
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by Noct » 09 Mar 2016, 23:07

Good luck everyone.
SweetInsanitY wrote:#yougotthebiggesttrollfaceevahyoustupidsweetazz<3

Kryptonite

Post by Kryptonite » 10 Mar 2016, 00:42

Oh yes
You go Abimeme.