Account Limit Issue Questionnaire

This is where we'll announce anything new to the site.
xNyctophilia
Forum moderators
Forum moderators

Re: Account Limit Issue Questionnaire

Post by xNyctophilia » 04 May 2015, 14:11

Gonna throw my two cents in too, yo. B|

1) How many accounts do you own? <5,5-15,>15?

...I'll be honest, I have no idea. I lost count of them some time ago, now they're just...there. Unused. I only use three accounts as of now.

2) Do you think users have the right to account hoard as they please?

Personally, I do think people can have as many accounts as they want. But the question is: what do they do with them?
It's pointless to hoard a bunch of account just because they want to have that one username. People can become greedy quite fast. At the end, most of the accounts will remain unused anyway.

3) What do you think the account limit should be? 3 or 5?

I think the limit should be three. May they be used for whatever they want, but I doubt people will need more than 3.

4) Please explain in extensive details good reasons why one would need multiple accounts. (If you believe there is no real reason a user should need multiple accounts, simply state so.)

One can use another account for editing purposes, as a layout tester, for example. Another one could be for roleplaying, although not an account for ONE character specifically, but they could still use the profile and/or RPG section for MCRP (multi character roleplay).

5) Do you feel the need to spread out your edits onto several different accounts as oppose to simply cycling through themes on a smaller number of accounts?

Not really. Mainly because I don't edit my other accounts too often because of all the effort I'd rather put into my main account. If I want a specific theme, I use this account.
Image Image Image

Fawk
Anispace Pro
Anispace Pro

Post by Fawk » 04 May 2015, 14:21

OrehCursor wrote:1) How many accounts do you own? <5,5-15,>15?
More than can be listed. :^] and not proud of it

No. For what reason? I would understand if this was YouTube, but it's not and there's no real reason to keep all your Chinese anime single worded weeaboo characters for whatever reason. Personally, I think it's stupid and can be done without. If you want to enjoy the website, enjoy it for what it is (even if that's highly lacking), not because you can get to make a hundred of accounts on end and then keep all of them. Let's be realistic and start cleaning up the site some more by getting rid of the accounts that aren't being used or just being kept by people who can't let them go.

3. You don't need any fucking more than that, forreal; not even 4. One as your main, one as back up and the last as editing. 5 or more is literally just because you want to keep the accounts with no real reason as to why other then they're based on a character or word or whatever.
Having no limit on accounts is even more stupid because that means the site will only continue getting flooded with inactive accounts or accounts that are active every now and then. This isn't YouTube, where you can flood that website because it's more expansive - this is a smaller community and as such the user list should also be smaller.

4) Please explain in extensive details good reasons why one would need multiple accounts. (If you believe there is no real reason a user should need multiple accounts, simply state so.)
Like stated above: one as main, one for backup and the other as editing/miscellaneous. You seriously don't need anymore than that, but I see why people are fighting so hard for this shit -- it goes back to YouTube.
On YouTube, we knew that the character names or good usernames were taken by whoever and would also go inactive by whoever owned the accounts, meaning we would never have the chance to own that account. Now skip forward, coming to this website - a website that didn't have a large community (and tbh, still doesn't), and usernames that were there for the taking, meaning people could "live out the dream" of having the account of whatever they originally wanted back on YouTube, but what they fail to realise is that now the pattern continues, the only difference being that it's no longer happening on YouTube and is now happening on here. We have a whole bunch of inactive or hogged up accounts just because people couldn't get what they wanted back on YouTube.
Of course this doesn't go to everyone, but a good majority. That mentality is pretty stupid, if you ask me.; it only proves that you're no better than the people who did the same exact thing back on YouTube.

5) Do you feel the need to spread out your edits onto several different accounts as oppose to simply cycling through themes on a smaller number of accounts?
No. You can have one account for editing and one account only. It's not hard to edit out the designs every time and plus, you can also fucking copy and paste text you want to save for later on note/wordpad or even Google docs (which is very good, trust me and a better alternative), instead of owning several accounts just to do one simple task.

To the roleplayers who use several accounts for separate characters:
I have RP'd in the past, so I guess I can also answer these.

1) Do you need multiple accounts for separate characters? Is it implausible to use one general account for all your characters?
It is possible to only use one account for characters, people just want to open a shit-ton of accounts for different characters because they don't know how to cycle things out. I have made several accounts on a different website just so I can have different RP characters; if you ask me, that was stupid of me to do and really unfair to whoever wanted the account even more than I did. Again, any info you guys want to save on your characters, use note/wordpad or even Google docs.

2) Are you aware of the RPG section of Anispace? If so, have you used it? Why or why not? http://www.anispace.net/rpg.php
I am aware of it and I have used it before, on one of my RP accounts; it's okay, but very sloppy. Tbh, that's the best way of cycling and you don't need to make a shit-ton of accounts in the process, but at last, no one really gives a shit and then you have the people who don't use this section, and only RP in comments.

3) Are you aware of the character creation feature on the RPG section, which allows one to create multiple characters from one account? If so, have you used it? Why or why not? http://www.anispace.net/rpg.php?action=create_char
Like stated above, I do know about it and it's the best way of cycling and blah, blah, blah. We know people don't give a shit about it though, which means they'll still create a lot of usernames just for characters or whatever else.

Conqueror
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by Conqueror » 04 May 2015, 14:22

I own more than 15.

2) Do you think users have the right to account hoard as they please

Yes, I actually do. As long as they don't do anything that is against the rules, they have that right.

I personally think that the limit should be between 10 and 20.
It's just my opinion.

Well MY reasons are simple.
I use them as a back-up accounts, for experiences (since I started with the fancy edit of backgrounds, icons, signatures, renders, and avatars.)
Also use somo accounts to keep my codes, or some information, and I use them as well for roleplay.
I also give some accounts away, because I use most of my accounts every week.

Well, yes I do feel the need to spread out my edits, I love to edit, I spend my life studying and editing or making avatars for friends or for me.
But I'm very lazy aswell, so I dont edit that much, I make more avis than anything else.

1) Do you need multiple accounts for separate characters? Is it implausible to use one general account for all your characters?

Yes I do, but for my reason as I explainned on the top.
Well not really but, I rarely edit on my main.

2) Are you aware of the RPG section of Anispace? If so, have you used it? Why or why not? http://www.anispace.net/rpg.php

Yes Im very aware of RPG section on Anispace, Im also very aware of the other RP site of Anispace. http://www.rphut.com/
I still use that site to rp.
I do not use the RPG section of anispace because I dont feel comfortable using it.

3) Are you aware of the character creation feature on the RPG section, which allows one to create multiple characters from one account? If so, have you used it? Why or why not? http://www.anispace.net/rpg.php?action=create_char

Yes, Im also very aware of that creation on the RPG section.
I haven't used it because as I said I dont feel comfortable using it.
I prefer using the comments as my RP section.

Now, I think what you guys are trying to do is awesome and making improvements on Anispace, but I dont think me or any other user will be happy if you guys delete the inactive accounts or making us have only 5.
That's my opinion, I dont know how the others feel.

PossessedBeauty

Post by PossessedBeauty » 04 May 2015, 14:22

Honestly, I have no idea how many accounts I possess. I just know most of my accounts are made by my friends and some relatives that don't have any to begin with. So that's why I have so many. I don't mind this at all.

If you mean take specific usernames, character names, etc. in general then yes, they came up with it first so as stated in another person's statement in this forum. First come, first served. I mean from the beginning, it was no problem to have a ton of accounts so why limit them now? Is it simply for new users to come, if so, then regardless if you do the clean up or not. They're still going to come and join because of us. Most of the newbies that come are usually encouraged by us as the community. So that's why I kind of see this as pointless, if you want to make such a big improvement then how about updates for a change instead of limiting accounts. Maybe that'll make anispace more interesting then it is now.

Personally, I don't think there should be a limit and what I mean by no limit. I mean as many accounts as anyone would like but since this question is bound by the numbers between 3 and 5. I'd have to say five or more if possible.

Reason? Tch, I don't believe there's a reason to have as many accounts as you want. If someone wants to be occupied with over twenty accounts to their liking then let them. I'm more into the idea of deleting overly INACTIVE accounts, this idea that was made by Luffy is more legit.

I do feel the need to edit on different accounts. It's more fun then sticking with just one character. Some users on this forum have already made good reasons as to why their edits should spread. Mostly it involves around HINT HINT; Role-play and creativity. Duh.

I like to be organize with my characters so it's only natural for me to make characters on different accounts, it's much better that way in my opinion.

Yes, it has grown boring but how about this...if there was an update on it where I can edit it like the way I edit on my profile, perhaps I don't need more accounts.

Yep. Like I said, I wish I could edit the same way, I do on my profile instead of deal with the plain white background.

Asmeric
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by Asmeric » 04 May 2015, 14:57

Six, i think. FROM WHAT I REMEMBER. I've abandoned most of them, though, and only use one of them for editing purposes.

Users do have the right to create as many as they wish since account limitation was never in the rules. However, it really annoys me when a user creates an account with an awesome username but stops using it after a few days. Like, c'mon. What a waste of a perfectly good username. If you're active on every account you make, then i suppose it's fine to hoard. But if not, then no.

Three should suffice. One main and the others being a back-up, editing purposes, and/or for roleplaying. How do you even maintain five accounts?

1.) I came up with new usernames that looked cooler than its antecedent. But as of now, i am satisfied with my current account 'Asmeric'. 2.) A getaway; secret account. A new start from all the drama that's happened in your old one. 3.) Back-up account in case you accidentally forget the password of your main or someone hacks it. 4.) Another would be an account you use for editing. Fitting your background or testing html codes. 5.) Lastly, you just want the username.

Nope. Ever since i've made this account, this is the only one which i've edited a lot. I never felt the need to go and make a new account just to show off my edits. If i really like an edit i did but decide to change it, i save it and then reuse it in the future whenever i feel like it.

DiamondSuoh
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet

Post by DiamondSuoh » 04 May 2015, 15:18

1) How many accounts do you own?5

Yes and no depending on the reason
Me i like having mutiple accounts due to the fact i wanna move around every now and then
I dunno

Yes and No
I am and I do use the RPG section

YES

Bare in mind that nothing is set in stone yet, which is why we are asking you, the users, for your input.

You may only post once on this thread with your answered questions. No debating or side comments.

Polls will also be a no-go since we have reasons to believe users used multiple accounts to vote. (Feel free to show that is not the case by having as many replies on this thread as there were votes in the last thread.)

EDIT: Please choose a limit. (If you don't, we will just count "No limit" as five)
Also regarding "But Luffy said!"

tsundere
Forum moderators
Forum moderators

Post by tsundere » 04 May 2015, 15:40

EIGHT LOL BUT IVE BEEN HERE FOR A FEW YEARS AND FORGOT UNTIL OREH MENTIONED THEM. All but two are abandoned/collecting dust/disabled. Feel free to do as you please; I would prefer they get released.

Cybersquatting is rude and annoying. Most users on tumblr hate it and here is no different. You seriously have no legitimate reason to have tons of accounts. RPing under "different names" is honestly the most absurd and petty reason I've ever heard.

But to answer the question, yes, they do. It isn't in the rules. This doesn't make it ethical, though. I am opposed to hoarding.

Three. One main and two backups. Or one main, one editing one, and one backup. Or, like me, one main, one backup, and one RP account. I like to compartmentalize and enjoy being able to have one account to serve my social purposes and another strictly for roleplay.

The question then becomes how to deal with people who have more than three. Either delete the least active accounts, leaving the most active for use. Or ask users.

I already have. Having one main, one for a certain purpose, and one backup is plenty. Other than that, there is no reason to have multiple accounts.

No omg

I did this until I realized it was idiotic. Having a single RP account is totally plausible. Just pick your favorite and RP everyone from that single account. It's literally not that hard, and it's not weird. It's called efficiency. Logging in and out of multiple accounts to RP is stupid.

EDIT: YOU LITERALLY DO NOT NEED TO BE EDITING YOUR PROFILE EVERY WEEK TO RP A DIFFERENT CHARACTER. THE WAY YOUR PROFILE LOOKS SHOULD NOT CONTRIBUTE TO YOUR WRITING, AND NEITHER SHOULD YOUR USERNAME!

It's dead. And what's active is really bad. No offense.

Yes. But it's dead. Lol.

Like, seriously, I am so opposed to there being no limit. My limit is THREE. It's not a betrayal. It's a waste of data and it's rude.
Last edited by tsundere on 04 May 2015, 17:30, edited 3 times in total.

Nemesis
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by Nemesis » 04 May 2015, 16:25

I have about 5

I don't really mind so if they want to do that, that's up to them

if there has to be one I'd say 5

as I said they should be able to make them if they want, that should be completely up to them how many accounts they make

not really I usually just keep them in one place

Angel
Anispace Beginner

Post by Angel » 04 May 2015, 16:42

>15

There wasn't a rule that you couldn't from from the start.
I could care less if someone hoarded accounts.
First come, first serve.

*Also, just as a simple observation.
Troll accounts are often banned, rather than deleted.
If anything, mods can also be considered as hoarders for
banning the accounts--preventing new users from making
the usernames in future--rather than recycling them.

I don't think there should be a limit.
But if there's going to be one, it might as well be 10-20.
Those that do not have more than 10-20 honestly do not care if anyone else does.

4) Please explain in extensive details good reasons why one would need multiple accounts.
(If you believe there is no real reason a user should need multiple accounts, simply state so.)

I have multiple accounts for editing and for the simple fact of having the name of the character.
Since I'm sure the pro-no-limit opinions will not will be taken into consideration anyways,
I won't get more into it since I have better things to do.
I just don't see how this limit idea will refrain anyone from finding ways around it.

5) Do you feel the need to spread out your edits onto several different accounts
as oppose to simply cycling through themes on a smaller number of accounts?

Yup.

Phantasm
Global moderators
Global moderators

Post by Phantasm » 04 May 2015, 17:31

Too many to count honestly.

Honestly, for lack of a better term, they do. This wasn't really an issue other than between a few users, and was never paid attention to until the mods decided to make something out of it.

Personally, I'm with no limit, but given the choices, 5.

Now, this is a funny question. Good reasons to some people, may be trash to others. First off, no rule against it, so why do you care? But anyway, I'm just gonna go with the whole rp thing. I didn't come from youtube like a lot of people here. I have NO CLUE what the old youtube was like. I came from a place called facebook, where you had to have multiple accounts to roleplay. Even so, that's kinda going to shiet as well. A main, back-up, then rp shiznizzle. Who likes being tied down? To each his own.

I do. It's actually heavily boring to just cycle through things on a few accounts. Monotony is exactly as it sounds, monotonous. BOOOOORING.

Some do, some don't. To each his own. I wouldn't say it's implausible, but there's no reason they should be forced to do something like that either.

Yes I am. I have used it once. No offense, but 10 minutes in there, and I was already like "NOPE."

Yes, and yes. Same reason as above.

My Thoughts On This Whole "Issue"
Just some things I'd like to mention down here. I'm not necessarily against the deletion as a whole, but I'm am COMPLETELY against the way it's being done. If it HAS to be done, I'd do it on a much smaller, and gradual scale. This whole issue has just been incredibly biased on both ends. First, that poll. People using multiple accounts to vote on it. Really now guys? C'mon. Now this questionnaire. At first, it was plausibly fair as "No Limit" was an option. Then when that was taken away, the opposition was taken away. At that point it became "Mods' way or no way." That's the bias on their end, just as that poll was the bias on the user end. Also, I can honestly bet that 90% of the users who say "yes" to the limit, did NOT give a rat's ass about this so called "problem" until the mods made it a problem. Those whole thing honestly just caused unnecessary chaos, for no real reason. Cleaning gateway for new users? HOW ABOUT WE GET MORE THAN ONE NEW USER A MILLENNIUM? (Obviously an exaggeration.) Then that, also, the issue about users fighting over accounts? I won't lie, kinda dumb. I've been involved in those fights, 50% just for the thrill of the argument. (I love arguments, and debates ok? xD) But doing this to quell that issue is pretty much like saying "We're too lazy to do our jobs that we applied for." Also, if a "new user" wants a certain taken name, they can just find the person and ask for it, I highly doubt, they'd bitch and moan if the person says no. There's no real way to make either side, right or wrong, ethical, or unethical. This whole issue should have just been left alone. Just my opinion on this. Put it in this spoiler just so only the people interested in what I had to say would read it.