Account Limit Issue Questionnaire

This is where we'll announce anything new to the site.
EtherealStarlight
Global moderators
Global moderators

Re: Account Limit Issue Questionnaire

Post by EtherealStarlight » 28 Apr 2015, 19:53

1) How many accounts do you own? <5,5-15,>15?
Actually, as of a few minutes ago, I have four, which is still less than 5. This one, an editing one, a gift from a friend, and some random account I made a while ago. I'm going to point out which of the accounts I no longer want, though.

2) Do you think users have the right to account hoard as they please?
Reading this question again, I feel like it's sort of a biased way of asking it. No one is going to say hoarding is a good thing, so I'll try to word my answer differently. Do I think people have the right to? I think an argument can be made for both sides. Yeah, it's the internet, it's a free site, it's not against the rules, etc. But at the same time, it's almost abusing the freedom to make new accounts. It's a right users currently have, but I don't think it's a right that should stay. I also think that we don't really own our accounts. It's sort of a privilege Luffy has given us, you know?

3) What do you think the account limit should be? 3 or 5?
In my opinion, three is DEFINITELY enough, but I'm willing to see five accounts as an option.

4) Please explain in extensive details good reasons why one would need multiple accounts. (If you believe there is no real reason a user should need multiple accounts, simply state so.)
There are reasons, but I don't think there are any good ones that come to mind right now. To each their own, though. Like, I'm very happy with the new account I got, but I don't particularly need it.

5) Do you feel the need to spread out your edits onto several different accounts as oppose to simply cycling through themes on a smaller number of accounts?
Nope. Although, this might not apply to me since I tend to have plain profiles. What I usually do is save my favorite profile edits and reuse them if I want to. I'd rather be recognized as just ES than as multiple other usernames, as well. As a mod, it makes more sense for me to just use one account most of the time. I think it'd be more work to make a new account and edit it, and then maintain it.

Riptide
Anispace Beginner

Post by Riptide » 28 Apr 2015, 20:15

Won't lie I'm a bit of an account hoarder too, have too many to count.

Seeing as how I have account hoarded quite a bit, I do see how unfair it is and the ramifications of it. I'd be fine with the accounts I owned being given away to someone who actually wants it.

Five would be a decent number, it appeases those who say three is too little while also keeping a limit on the amount of accounts.

4) Please explain in extensive details good reasons why one would need multiple accounts. (If you believe there is no real reason a user should need multiple accounts, simply state so.)
I suppose like many have said, you use an account as your primary, one as your backup, one to edit on, and others to role-play, share, etc. At the end of the day however it all comes down to each of us being a bit selfish. Everyone is selfish, we just don't like to admit it. Having different accounts is like holding onto something thats yours and obviously people don't like it being taken away.

5) Do you feel the need to spread out your edits onto several different accounts as oppose to simply cycling through themes on a smaller number of accounts?
I usually just cycle edits on my main account while keeping the same edits on the ones that aren't my main.

So yeah thats my input on the matter, I'm glad that the community was given an option to voice their opinions and share what they thought. I'm fine with whatever the outcome is as long as it is done fairly and agreed upon by both the moderators AND the community.
Hazy wrote:stop hiding behind other peoples photos dumb bitch be urself *** self conscious asshole lookin idiot

Antipathy
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet

Post by Antipathy » 28 Apr 2015, 20:16

5-15, though I only actively use this one

There's a difference between "do they have the right" and "should they".
Do they have the right to? Yeah, sure, why not. I

Should they? Well, not if they have any semblance of a life. Now, you can go all American Government and try to force order when the majority are too immature for it, but we've all seen it doesn't end well.

There shouldn't be any limit. I mean, as immature as we are, we're (allegedly) not kids anymore.

That said, if you REALLY want to stop people from being well..... this group of socially awkward, unskilled people, many of whom have no real friends or social skills. Sure, go ahead. But then go all the way and set the limit to 1 account per person. Why would you even need a second? For a BACKUP?

Don't make me laugh, this isn't YouTube where they randomly close accounts for no reason

Short answer: Either don't take half-hearted measures, or do it properly, and make it one account per person, and if that person is inactive for more than 12 months, close the account

Because we're a bunch of socially inept people who don't know how to handle ourselves in public, so if we make a faux pas, which we do every other sentence, and it blows out of proportion, we need to make other accounts to hide

Excuses excuses. Ctrl + c, switch to notepad, wordpad, or and word-processing software, ctrl + v, and viola.

But again, socially inept, and hungry for praise and admiration.

To the mods:

REMEMBER THE SOCIAL GROUP YOU ARE CATERING TO. WE ARE NOT (on average) NORMAL PEOPLE, BUT THE AWKWARD, SOCIAL REJECTS WHO HAVE NO LIFE, NOR AMBITIONS, HOBBIES, FRIENDS, OR A DIRECTION IN LIFE.

PEOPLE SUCH AS THIS MAKE THE VAST MAJORITY OF THIS SITE.

And the needs and wants of this group are not comparable to "normal" human beings.
Seraph a.k.a. [email protected] is a cancerous biitch. She got outsmarted by Andrew, and the admins had to help her get her account back.

LadyDaemontus
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by LadyDaemontus » 28 Apr 2015, 21:18

1) How many accounts do you own?

About 7.

2) Do you think users have the right to ACCOUNT hoard as they please?

Yes. It's up to them and their responsibility to manage their accounts and not get them banned. If it isn't hogging up the servers, than why not? It's not harming anyone, right?

3) What do you think the ACCOUNT limit should be?

The limit should cut at 10. Honestly, anyone who can manage more is just nuts. But then again, who am I to say who can handle what? That's not my business. This is an individual's personal choice to how they edit their profiles and how many they manage.

4) Please explain in extensive details good reasons why one would need multiple ACCOUNTS. (If you believe there is no real reason a user should need multiple ACCOUNTS, simply state so.)

Because they hold meaning to people. What are you to tell someone they can't hold onto an account they worked hard on? Who are you to judge the connection one feels drawn to with their accounts? Also, many people make accounts to represent either different parts of them, different OCs (I, for one HATE listing all my RPs on ONE account. It's stupid and clogs up my profile editing). Also, its fun to edit different profiles and set different themes for each. I enjoy making accounts because I get really cool profile ideas, so I go out and create them. I also make accounts based on characters I like. I mean, it wouldn't make sense to change a Syo named account to a Flaky from HTF, right?

5) Do you feel the need to spread out your edits onto several different ACCOUNTS as oppose to simply cycling through themes on a smaller number of accounts?

Yup. It helps keep the editing in order. I hate having to fuss and choose over what editing I want done just on one account. On this account alone I only change maybe the songs and profile picture from time to time. When I've reached the perfect edit for an account, I want to leave it, hence why I make more accounts for different editing because I'm indecisive on what I want my main account to be and this account has meaning. Everything on it represents something personal to me same as my other accounts do. SeveredDream is the depressive side, MoonliteDance is the perky, happy, neko loving side to me, AuroraSnows and Kyra are both RPs for me and are two original characters from stories I've written on Wattpad in the past. All the elements and all the music etc mean a lot to me. Also on XxPsYcHoPaThxX it also links to my answer regarding what I prefer in an ideal partner, so I want to be able to always link people to that, ya know? And recently, I've been handed over another user's account. I'm the proud owner of the account, 'Murder'. And THAT account actually has meaning to me that I can't discuss openly. I guess I feel like I can 'order' myself by having multiple accounts?

Though, I have Aspergers so my experiences online and what matters to me and what I feel drawn to and connected to is different to other users.

**Edit**

Upon reading the OP's post, I also wish to add that I don't like using the main RPG area. I do not like doing RPs in public where people know they are going on. I prefer privacy between me and maybe one other person or a few. Also using my profile helps get me 'in the mood' and into the mindset of the RP character I'm suppose to be. Getting into the music, the pictures, the symbolism really helps an RP. I can't keep changing one profile to suit different RP characters, that' just time taxing so I have different profiles I can just log into when I need to use them. Simple, really. I also do not like the idea of 'hoarding' usernames. When I make an account, its with purpose. Not just so I can hold all the best usernames. In fact, I make the names my own thing, I don't go around purposely trying to 'take' popular names. Tomoko was an account Seth edited for me because we twinned with it. He's tomoko's brother and I'm tomoko, so his anime sister. c: What I roleplay, and who I roleplay with is something I like to keep private. So, no. I won't use the RPG area and I see no reason why I should be forced to when my current system is working fine for me. All my methods and systems in place managing my accounts and my RPs is fine and I'd rather have the mods leave it alone than go ahead and change it.
:D Gamergate - Gaming - Culture - Lifestyle - Politics - Anti Feminism :shock:
:arrow: Twitter --> https://twitter.com/LadyDaemontus :!:
:arrow: Ask Fm --> https://ask.fm/LadyDaemontus :!:

Brii
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by Brii » 29 Apr 2015, 08:10

I have over 15 accounts.

To be honest, no. I do not. However, I feel that if a user makes an account for a specific purpose but they log in the account on a regular basis, then that is alright. It's not considered "hoarding" to me if you use the account.

I think there shouldn't be a limit but since I have to give a number, I say there should be at least 8. It's on the high side but I like even numbers.

One could be a main, another could be a backup, a few could be for role play purposes and the other for editing. For instance, I have a few accounts that friends have given me and they hold sentimental value to me.

Well, I use my own edits for my accounts and I like to make them unique.

1) Do you need multiple accounts for separate characters? Is it implausible to use one general account for all your characters?

Normally, I use my main for RP however, depending on the usernames, that will be a limitation for which characters to role play. If there is a character that I love to death(which there are) I make separate accounts for them.

2) Are you aware of the RPG section of Anispace? If so, have you used it? Why or why not? http://www.anispace.net/rpg.php

I am well aware of it. I have used it once or twice in the past. With my experience with it, I hate the RPG arena. I see it as unorganized and when I surfed through potential RPGs that I wanted to join, they were either discontinued, stopped or users who were supposed to participate in the RP, were just talking to one another. There was no RP at all.

3) Are you aware of the character creation feature on the RPG section, which allows one to create multiple characters from one account? If so, have you used it? Why or why not? http://www.anispace.net/rpg.php?action=create_char

As stated above, yes, I used it before. I like yet dislike the character creation. In my personal opinion, it is a great storage center for characters however, I feel that it is not organized which is what I dislike. If you want to promote the RPG area, then make it organized so users WILL want to use it. Also most of the users that migrated here and are RPers came from YouTube. They are more or less used to editing their profile and role playing on there.

QUEEN BRII
ᴵˡˡᵘˢᶤᵒᶰᶤˢᵗ ᴰᵉˢᶤᵍᶰˢ

Visceral
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet

Post by Visceral » 29 Apr 2015, 11:25

OrehCursor wrote:1) How many accounts do you own? <5,5-15,>15?

To the roleplayers who use several accounts for separate characters:

1) Do you need multiple accounts for separate characters? Is it implausible to use one general account for all your characters?

2) Are you aware of the RPG section of Anispace? If so, have you used it? Why or why not? http://www.anispace.net/rpg.php

3) Are you aware of the character creation feature on the RPG section, which allows one to create multiple characters from one account? If so, have you used it? Why or why not? http://www.anispace.net/rpg.php?action=create_char
1) Several I cannot remember how many at this time.

2) I do not. Having over 100+ accounts is really unnecessary as it is highly doubtful that all of them can be actively used. Even for numbers well below 100 but greater than 10 it is still unnecessary. Specifically in the case of character names where some users hold the name of a character and several different versions of the same name. Having one of that name would be fine but, several of the same is disrespectful to others, in my opinion. If you're not using them then getting rid of them shouldn't be a problem.

3) I'd say 3 would be fine but I'll go with 5. This gives leeway to those who "absolutely need" so many accounts.

4) I can understand using one account specifically for RP while having another for editing purposes and maybe another for non-RP nor Editing stuff. Needing numerous accounts for every character you RP as is something I cannot understand. Some say it's much more simple to have those multiple accounts. I'm going to argue that point, right here and now and I'll openly use my own accounts as examples.

TheBlindBandit - Originally made as a RP account, obviously for the character from Avatar: The Last Airbender, Toph Bei Fong. Single name, single character. Simple, yeah? Well, hold on. I'm not done yet.

Visceral - Originally made as a multi-character RP account. Single name. Multiple characters.

Here comes the fun part. I don't have to log out and log in to countless other accounts just to RP as a character I want to. Through cooperative use of the Visceral account and the RPG Section, I can simply have as many characters as I want without having to constantly change edits or log out to a different username.

tl;dr -> I don't think you need so many accounts to RP and it can be done in a much similar fashion by taking advantage of what the site has to offer.

5) No. Though I will edit my back-up every once in awhile, I don't have to keep multiple accounts to keep my edits. Really, if showing off edits is the goal, there is this lovely site called "DeviantArt" and several others like it where creations can be showed off. It exists for a reason after all.

RP 1) No, I do not. I keep any and all information on my countless characters which I RP in the RPG Section or on my account.

RP 2) I am aware and have used it for several years now. It has its flaws and could be better, yeah but it's a good part of the site.

RP 3) Very aware and I use it all the time.

Added note regarding the RPG Section:

The RPG Section may not have near the editing capabilities of a user's profile however it does not take all that to be creative. If it honestly takes fancy profiles and all that just to portray a character then maybe roleplay isn't for you. While having good looking profiles and the like is indeed an amazing thing, it has nothing to do with your overall roleplaying as it has no effect on your skill in portraying that character.

This said, working with what little is offered in ways of editing the RPG character sheets, they can certainly be made to look good and unique.

We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?
- The Eleventh Doctor

There's a lot of things you need to get across this universe. Warp drive... wormhole refractors... You know the thing you need most of all? You need a hand to hold.
- The Tenth Doctor

Katie
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by Katie » 29 Apr 2015, 21:35

7 i think

Not really there is no reason to OWN a name or hoard accounts with said name because you want to OWN said character. I mean its just a name, you don't actually own the character.

I think one can be used as a main and one as a back-up/ editing acc. I have 3 because one is to keep my about me stuff on and htmls. My main is for mod stuff/ talking to friends. My back-up has all my gifts and hacks on it.

No I usually keep one edit and then make one when I get bored and put it up on my back-up till I want to use it.

Yes i'm aware of it and I have used it to rp there but then I left because I got bored from the roleplay there.

Korra

Post by Korra » 01 May 2015, 17:22

More than fifteen, but less than thirty. This includes accounts given to me, shared, and accounts I've created for other users.

There weren't any rulings on this until suggested now. Hoard is somewhat harsh, first come first serve right? But really, accounts no longer wanted manage to be given onto someone else, this site does need a cleanup either way and users that are inactive longer than necessary can be dumped for reuse. Nonetheless, I guess it becomes a bad habits for some and leads to wanting more, so considering so, I guess there should be a limit.

Five should suffice, just to settle with the crowd, better choice than limiting it to three.

One for best contact; a main. A back-up for whatever case could occur if anything should happen to your first. A third for testing html codes, backgrounds and avatars, fourth for perhaps just in case you'd like to get away from the crowd, a "hidden/getaway" account. Fifth for whatever else, roleplay, matching, share, ect.

I guess one could always cycle on a single account, it's not necessary to spread but it does give sense of fulfillment and feeling of commitment when your work are admired from another account in which one may or may not know you, especially if it's solely of a specific character rather than a main where you're constantly switching.

To the roleplayers who use several accounts for separate characters:

I can't always stick to one character, so having another account that focused wholly on one made it easier to focus on that one particularly. I found myself in a odd position when transiting from one character to another especially if in use of roleplay because of leaping towards accommodating oneself towards acting out differently upon the character before.

I'm aware of the section in this site, I had not participated in any of the threads created there but had been invited upon several, yet I find discomfort in group sessions even if it's private/locked-- even just between two individuals, I honestly find it tedious to jump from the thread, when I could simply log into my account of roleplay use and access the messages and find it better when it comes to one on one communication; privacy. I think this section needs revamp as it lacks in participation, lackluster performance due to not enough advocacy and awareness.

Yes I'm aware, not that I've used it but I've been introduced to the feature. I don't see it to be a location where word can go about towards what characters you take on. Everyone checks profile daily and it's more dependable then to say a small part of the community where not enough attention lays.

OrehCursor
Global moderators
Global moderators

Post by OrehCursor » 04 May 2015, 07:33

Last Day to get your votes in!
The winner is the most adaptive one.

OrehCursor
Global moderators
Global moderators

Post by OrehCursor » 04 May 2015, 13:39

Please respond to the thread in appropriate question format. There will be no debating.
The winner is the most adaptive one.