Account Limit Issue Questionnaire

This is where we'll announce anything new to the site.
HidekiHinata

Re: Account Limit Issue Questionnaire

Post by HidekiHinata » 28 Apr 2015, 11:43

1) How many accounts do you own? <5,5-15,>15?
I had a little more than 5, like 8 or something

2) Do you think users have the right to account hoard as they please?
I think they should be allowed to have as many accounts as they please without being considered as hoarding.

3) What do you think the account limit should be? 3 or 5?
I saw in the other thread that you guys gave unlimited as a possible choice, now why did you guys change it that you must set a limit? A trick question in order to force you to pick. I disagree on the Luffy/Skypiea nonesense, Luffy still has most control as he owns the site he is still considerably higher than any other in command, he can demote anyone. I still say no limit. I think users should be able to pick which accounts they want to be deleted.

4) Please explain in extensive details good reasons why one would need multiple accounts. (If you believe there is no real reason a user should need multiple accounts, simply state so.)
People do as they please. It is as simple as that. If you want to eat a little, or a lot its all on preference. So why not keep it?

5) Do you feel the need to spread out your edits onto several different accounts as oppose to simply cycling through themes on a smaller number of accounts?
Sometimes it is actually better, funner, and easier that way.

To the roleplayers who use several accounts for separate characters:

1) Do you need multiple accounts for separate characters? Is it implausible to use one general account for all your characters?
We can thats why I recently made "BackgroundCharacter" but it is actually much easier to and more realistic to use a character username for that specific character, you know?

2) Are you aware of the RPG section of Anispace? If so, have you used it? Why or why not? http://www.anispace.net/rpg.php
No. Regular Anispace is good for Rp'in

3) Are you aware of the character creation feature on the RPG section, which allows one to create multiple characters from one account? If so, have you used it? Why or why not? http://www.anispace.net/rpg.php?action=create_char
I am aware, I have not used it. It looks like Google

User avatar
Artifice
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet
Posts: 162
Joined: 01 Aug 2013, 14:57

Re: Account Limit Issue Questionnaire

Post by Artifice » 28 Apr 2015, 11:58

Warning: Some people might get offended. If you have something to say then take the debate to my profile. Don't start a shitstorm on the forum.

OrehCursor wrote:
1) How many accounts do you own? <5,5-15,>15?

Probably around 10, some of which were given to me for free by other users. I don't mind trashing all of them, however I would like to keep the accounts "Comic" and "Artifice".

2) Do you think users have the right to account hoard as they please?

I am truly baffled at the concept and supposed logic behind account hoarding. Contrary to popular belief, no user actually owns a username as if it's property. It's truly an insignificant piece of data and the only reason they exist is because it's easier to identify users by searching up their moniker as opposed to some, I don't know, randomly compiled string of numbers. There have literally been users (not calling names, you know who you are) who have blown this completely out of proportion, and have gone as far as to claim that this site "might as well be handed to North Korea" and that an account limit is a violation of freedom of speech. There are literally users who claim that the mods are a "New World Order" trying to take away our rights. I'd prefer if all the conspiracies stay on youtube documentaries, please. This is not an anime nor a fictional story.

There were users willing to leave the site and compared it to the extreme and out of nowhere youtube layout change, however in Anispace's case, this is extremely mild by comparison. Google made it so there was virtually no way where you can personalize your account besides a shitty boarder where you can put a single picture, and your comment box was on another page entirely and it was only a white box. Limiting how many accounts you can make is not nearly as bad as that, and people are beginning to forget why they left youtube for this website to begin with. To those who still adhere to this belief and are willing to leave unless there is no account limitation, I say this; good riddance. The fact that you're willing to leave a site over such a minor inconvenience only further drives the point that your priorities are fucked up. There's a difference between changing an entire layout of a site to the point where it's virtually unusable (at least for rpers. seriously, that typing limit was annoying) and removing very small and insignificant piece of data away from the site, that end up piling up and just taking up space. Additionally, there are individuals who literally think they need 50 accounts because they undoubtedly ALL hold some sort of sentimental value and described them as "footprints that influence others around the globe". Your 50 rp accounts have influenced no one, and if they did, i'd say you influenced about 4 people. Unless you make another Facebook, which ends up becoming a million dollar company with thousands of users, then no, your pathetic roleplay accounts has influenced no one. People seem to have trouble grasping that your cyber footprint is practically nonexistent when compared to the individuals who actually helped improve the cyber world. Of course, not everyone who uses the internet needs to improve it, however I'm simply making it clear that 50 roleplay accounts hold little to no value to anyone besides you and maybe a friend. No individual in our "future generations" is going to look upon your edited roleplay accounts and look at them as valued ancient artifacts.

So, to answer the question directly without my ranting, no.


3) What do you think the account limit should be? 3 or 5?

3. There is simply no need for excessive amounts of accounts, with each account serving a different purpose. I don't understand why an account can't be used for multiple purposes (editing, roleplaying, AND a backup. Instead, people feel the need to make one account for every single individual thing they may want an account for.

4) Please explain in extensive details good reasons why one would need multiple accounts. (If you believe there is no real reason a user should need multiple accounts, simply state so.)

There is no reason why a user should need multiple accounts.

5) Do you feel the need to spread out your edits onto several different accounts as oppose to simply cycling through themes on a smaller number of accounts?

I don't edit often, but if I was an avid editor then I would say it would be much more easier to just cycle through themes on a single account rather than numerous.

To the roleplayers who use several accounts for separate characters:

1) Do you need multiple accounts for separate characters? Is it implausible to use one general account for all your characters?

No. I use one account for rp, and that's this one. The genius behind the anispace rp arena (despite it's problems) is that you can make over 100 character profiles without taking up entire usernames that people can't get because you just "worked so hard on that profile"!

There are individuals who sincerely think that logging onto numerous accounts and logging on and off and on again is easier than just roleplaying in the rpg section. To them I propose a question: How is it possibly easier to create a new yahoo account, just so you can make ONE new anispace account, which by the way, now you can only make one a week? You're willing to wait an entire week (of course, unless you're changing ips, or getting other people to make them for you) just to make a new character account? Here's a better and easier alternative; USE THE ANISPACE RPG AREA THAT IS ALREADY AVAILABLE. I don't see how jumping from profile to profile to edit 15 accounts WEEKLY is easier than editing a single account.


2) Are you aware of the RPG section of Anispace? If so, have you used it? Why or why not? http://www.anispace.net/rpg.php

I use it all the time. Like I stated previously, I get to make as many characters as I want and it's easier to do group roleplays as opposed to several people commenting me on one profile, and plus I can make entire rpg's dedicated to a single rp instead of my comment section filling. From my observations of pretty much all the people who are not satisfied with the rpg section, I fail to see a valid complaint outside of it's physical limitations, and honestly, if the presentation of your character and a character profile is more important than, you know, roleplaying, to you, then I truly question your ability to roleplay. Not to mention that the same codes you use for your regular profile (outside of html) can be used on anispace rpg character profiles, except for the fact that you can't add an elaborate background picture. You can still create a decent looking profile from the rpg section, a prime example being the character profiles made by user "Viceral" who goes out of her way to make beautiful profiles. Obviously, if you don't know how to get past the very simple profile limitations the character creation arena has, then I also question how good of an editor you are. The individuals who are dissatisfied with the activity of the rpg section, I wonder if you took a minute to wonder why. I'll just take a wild guess and claim that it's because the majority of the roleplayers on this site don't even use that section, and therefore the people who do use it are a very small amount.

3) Are you aware of the character creation feature on the RPG section, which allows one to create multiple characters from one account? If so, have you used it? Why or why not? http://www.anispace.net/rpg.php?action=create_char

Yes, see answers 1 and 2.
I'm rebellious, but this is truly the most trivial thing to rebel over. I'd like to think I don't constantly agree with every decision the mods make, however I don't mind it when they actually make valid and sensible decisions. You people are such goddamn idiots that you rebel against all the wrong things.

User avatar
Ryu
Anispace Beginner
Posts: 39
Joined: 15 Apr 2014, 21:02

Re: Account Limit Issue Questionnaire

Post by Ryu » 28 Apr 2015, 12:06

OrehCursor wrote:1) How many accounts do you own? <5,5-15,>15?

2) Do you think users have the right to account hoard as they please?

3) What do you think the account limit should be? 3 or 5?

4) Please explain in extensive details good reasons why one would need multiple accounts. (If you believe there is no real reason a user should need multiple accounts, simply state so.)

5) Do you feel the need to spread out your edits onto several different accounts as oppose to simply cycling through themes on a smaller number of accounts?
1) To be honest, I've lost count on how many accounts I have. All I can say is that I have too many and i'm probably thinking about giving away and deactivating a few of them and just limit myself to 5.

2) Not at all. I atleast try to get on most of my accounts and check on them every now and then.

3) I'd say 5, since that's a reasonable limit.

4) I guess a good explanation for the usage of multiple accounts would be for Roleplay, back-up and sometimes original RP group pages. Most of my accounts are for RP purposes, but if there's no real reason to keep multiple RP accounts then the least you could do is give away and deactivate a few of them like i'm planning to do. I intend to keep the ones I love RPing at like this one for instance.

5) I got nothing on this one because I am not a really good editor so most of my accounts pretty much have a similar design. Though I do ask for people to edit a few of my accounts.

As for the RP section, I did made a few characters but I hardly ever RP on it. I don't know I guess i'm more comfortable RPing on accounts.
"The answer lies...in the heart of battle."
Image

User avatar
Smart
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet
Posts: 81
Joined: 23 Mar 2014, 07:54

Re: Account Limit Issue Questionnaire

Post by Smart » 28 Apr 2015, 14:10

1) How many accounts do you own? <5,5-15,>15?

I have 15. I only use three as of now. user/Smart for my main. user/Kurbiskuchen for editing and backup. user/CherieCurrie for my roleplaying needs.

2) Do you think users have the right to account hoard as they please?

No, I believe it's wrong but it doesn't make sense since I hoard mine too.


3) What do you think the account limit should be? 3 or 5?

Three sounds good. Five seems a bit over the top.

4) Please explain in extensive details good reasons why one would need multiple accounts. (If you believe there is no real reason a user should need multiple accounts, simply state so.)

We should at least keep 3 accounts. One for a backup, one for editing and testing out themes and one for roleplaying if your main is not roleplaying.

5) Do you feel the need to spread out your edits onto several different accounts as oppose to simply cycling through themes on a smaller number of accounts?

only use one account to test and edit. I'm not sure about others.

To the roleplayers who use several accounts for separate characters:

1) Do you need multiple accounts for separate characters? Is it implausible to use one general account for all your characters?

I use my main for roleplaying and just myself. There's no reason to keep separate accounts for each character you roleplay. Just use one account.

2) Are you aware of the RPG section of Anispace? If so, have you used it? Why or why not? http://www.anispace.net/rpg.php

I only used the RPG section once. I just roleplay on my account.

3) Are you aware of the character creation feature on the RPG section, which allows one to create multiple characters from one account? If so, have you used it? Why or why not? http://www.anispace.net/rpg.php?action=create_char

I created one character. If I want to roleplay a character, I just change my profile around.
Image

User avatar
Hanakotoba
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet
Posts: 170
Joined: 31 Dec 2014, 22:05

Re: Account Limit Issue Questionnaire

Post by Hanakotoba » 28 Apr 2015, 14:29

1) How many accounts do you own? <5,5-15,>15?

Honestly, I dunno. Most I made a loooooong time ago and I either don't remember the name or the password, but the total I remember: 7, including this one.
But in all, it's probably a few more than that. Reason I made so many was for a change in username since I got tired of my others pretty easily, but I've become more tolerable and feel no need to move around so much. I'm currently happy where I am, and wouldn't mind all but 2-3 accounts to be removed.


2) Do you think users have the right to account hoard as they please?

If they're inactive, and having the account just to have it, or match with a friend then no. There's no need for that.

3) What do you think the account limit should be? 3 or 5?

3, 4, 5...they all sound pretty fair to me, so I'll just say 4.

4) Please explain in extensive details good reasons why one would need multiple accounts. (If you believe there is no real reason a user should need multiple accounts, simply state so.)
5) Do you feel the need to spread out your edits onto several different accounts as oppose to simply cycling through themes on a smaller number of accounts?

Well, I can't really explain to you other people's reasons, but I'll tell you mine.

Hanakotoba, I currently use as my main account and plan to for...a really long time.
This is where I come to "socialize", but I'm mainly here for my editing thread for posting free graphics and resources.
My secondary account, a back-up, of course, where I will go if something were to happen to this one. Or possibly share/give to my sister.
Third, I'd probably use for testing out graphics and codes.
Fourth, just a secret account, if I ever just want a select few to know about it or I'd probably use it as a test account as well.

Couldn't you do that on just one?
Probably, but it'd be a real pain, since I tend to work on several projects at once.
But in this case, I would use one for testing out graphics for pre-made codes/layouts and profile design then the other for working on new codes/layouts either for private or public use.

For others.
They could be the same reasons as mine, except that they'd probably have one or two for RP purposes.
Some do not prefer the RPG section due to...it's lack of creativity or ability for users to be as creative as they are with their profiles.
Or simply preferring to do so on their profile. I can see there being 1-2 accounts for that, but more, not really.

So, in the end, I think I'd be pretty okay having just 3 accounts.
Skysoldier wrote:Lunatique Designs. Making AniSpace less of an eyesore. One avatar. At a time.

User avatar
Miniwa
Anispace Beginner
Posts: 71
Joined: 15 Nov 2014, 14:11

Re: Account Limit Issue Questionnaire

Post by Miniwa » 28 Apr 2015, 14:40

1) How many accounts do you own? <5,5-15,>15?

Well, I changed a few times do to creeps and forgetting the password . ^ . I dunno an exact amount

2) Do you think users have the right to account hoard as they please?

Honestly, I don't know.

3) What do you think the account limit should be? 3 or 5?

Well, I honestly think limiting it is not a great a idea in the first poace if you use IP adresses, cause I have two sisters who have accounts on here (one doesn't use her's much, one doesn't at all anymore, but still ._.)

4) Please explain in extensive details good reasons why one would need multiple accounts. (If you believe there is no real reason a user should need multiple accounts, simply state so.)

If I make a new account, it is mainly because there's a weirdo who won't leave me alone no matter what I do, or because I forgot my password. Some make more to test their codes or designs.

5) Do you feel the need to spread out your edits onto several different accounts as oppose to simply cycling through themes on a smaller number of accounts?

I think you should just have to use a theme on one different account to test (if that's what the question is about) it before applying and seeing what to change and whatnot

User avatar
OrehCursor
Global moderators
Global moderators
Posts: 3343
Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 10:45

Re: Account Limit Issue Questionnaire

Post by OrehCursor » 28 Apr 2015, 15:16

1) 1 8-) All I ever needed to facilitate all my needs. All my roleplay characters, all my theme designs, all my friends and memories. Easy.

2) Well technically speaking, they do have the right to. It's not like we had a rule saying "Yo, you can't make several accounts every week like some bipolar twinkle nugget that can't stay on one account." Clearly that was a mistake though since some users have the gall to make several accounts for ludicrous reasons, few Ill go over later, few ill go over now like "trying to escape drama" (face your problems like a man!), "I forgot my password" (well whose damn fault is that?), or "I got bored with my username." Ive been using Orehcursor for 8 years now, and Im not even remotely bored with it. I came up with a username I can comfortably use as my own anonymous ID. git gud and make a better username you can stick with. I especially gotta call out the users with anything over 20 or 30 (and dear god users with 100+). Dont even pretend that you can maintain 20 accounts actively. (I mean you could, but do you have a life???). And suuuuuuuure. Maybe its a matter of preference if you want one or twenty. But as us mods are trying to figure this rule out, I just come to realize: practicality > preferences.

3) I think it should be 3. Honestly don't see why you need more than 2, let alone 3.

4) I can only see you needing two. One for your main, two as a back up. Thats it. Like what other reasons are there?
"Uh I want to make an account for a friend" Why, is he mentally retarded? He can make one on his own. Don't baby your friend, "friend". Hand holding game strong.
"But muh rp characters. I need an account for each!" No, you really dont. You could easily house all your rp characters within one account with a kick ass general theme. Like I said before, if you need visual ad from a themed account in order to convince people of your character, you must not be a very good roleplayer. ANd if you must keep a proper organize tab on an extensive amount of characters, you can use the character creator on the rpg section. YOu dont actually have to use the section, just use it to keep tabs on your characters. "yo, here is my list." Oh whats that? You can't manage many characters on one account? Once again. git gud.
"Muh memories" What do you have a memory of a goldfish? You dont need to archive every single comment like that annoying grandma that has to take pictures of freaking everything (provided she got over the whole "it will steal your soul" bit). You should be able to memorize the most important and sentimental memories without any aid or stimulation. If you can't, then it wasn't that important of a memory now was it? But you could also just... you know... copy and save the comments if they mean that much to you.
"Muh freedom!" What, are your balls too tight in a vice with just one account? You dont have multiple bodies to switch between irl now do you? "I need to escape reality" stop running away. You gotta face your issues some day. WHy do you need several identities to feel free? I have never once felt restricted with my single account. I became a GM for crying out loud. Sooooooo restricted.

5) "I DONT WANNA CHANGE MY EDITS CONSTANTLY" Hey there is this magical thing called highlight, ctrl+c, open notebook, ctrl +v, save. Oh would you look at that, that took five seconds. Probably take 2 to put it back up on your page. If you really wanna claim your edits and your effort on edits are valuable, dont pretend you arent computer savvy and dont know what notebook is. It takes no effort to cycle through themes if you simply copy and paste/ save your work. Common sense and practical.
Also, no it does not take more effort to cycle through themes then it does to make more accounts. What is faster?
a) copy and pasting
or
b) making an email, making the account, registering the email, make the theme. Wait one week to make another account (or you could use proxy like a douche wagon. Still have to go through the account making process though.)

Also your edits are not that impressionable. Cool? Sure. Took a lot of effort? Probably. Will people see them and remember them for years to come as it left an important impression and lesson on them? Uh. No. If you really wanna act like your edits are so worth the attention you believe them to hold, stop wasting your time on an anime site and go major in like i dunno- web design or something.

Also isn't it more creative to make something awesome with little then to behave like you need that extra canvas space to cushion your mistakes?

Probably miss some things but oh well.
The winner is the most adaptive one.
Image

User avatar
CosmicGrimoire
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice
Posts: 368
Joined: 30 Apr 2012, 18:06

Re: Account Limit Issue Questionnaire

Post by CosmicGrimoire » 28 Apr 2015, 16:44

1) How many accounts do you own? <5,5-15,>15?

I admit, I had somewhat been a hoarder. I have many, but not sure of the exact number. Probably somewhere between 7-10 accounts.

2) Do you think users have the right to account hoard as they please?

I'd assume yes - speaking from the rules. Since there hasn't been an official limit on how many accounts one could own, people can make as many as they please.

3) What do you think the account limit should be? 3 or 5?

The limit should be 3 - its a rather fair number. There isn't really a need for more than that other than making them just to make them which is what I did. It never hurts to have a back-up account in case something happens to your main account and having an extra for editing/RP - other purposes which is why I believe its fair.

4) Please explain in extensive details good reasons why one would need multiple accounts. (If you believe there is no real reason a user should need multiple accounts, simply state so.)

As I stated in my previous response: It never hurts to have a back up. Something happened to your main account such as a hack or forgotten newly changed password? BACK-UP IS YOUR GO-TO FRIEND.

5) Do you feel the need to spread out your edits onto several different accounts as oppose to simply cycling through themes on a smaller number of accounts?

I think that's unnecessary. You could save the codes and images on wordpad and such.
--[♚]--

Humanity's Last Hope

Image
OrehCursor wrote:You ever go to a dictionary and look up the term dickhead? you'll see a picture of yourself next to it.

User avatar
BatmanTheDarkKnight
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice
Posts: 426
Joined: 06 Aug 2012, 18:06

Re: Account Limit Issue Questionnaire

Post by BatmanTheDarkKnight » 28 Apr 2015, 17:16

1) How many accounts do you own? <5,5-15,>15?

2) Do you think users have the right to account hoard as they please?

3) What do you think the account limit should be? 3 or 5?

4) Please explain in extensive details good reasons why one would need multiple accounts. (If you believe there is no real reason a user should need multiple accounts, simply state so.)

5) Do you feel the need to spread out your edits onto several different accounts as oppose to simply cycling through themes on a smaller number of accounts?

To the roleplayers who use several accounts for separate characters:

1) Do you need multiple accounts for separate characters? Is it implausible to use one general account for all your characters?

2) Are you aware of the RPG section of Anispace? If so, have you used it? Why or why not? http://www.anispace.net/rpg.php

3) Are you aware of the character creation feature on the RPG section, which allows one to create multiple characters from one account? If so, have you used it? Why or why not? http://www.anispace.net/rpg.php?action=create_char

1)I own between 7 and 10 accounts.

2)Well what they do is their business.Who am I to judge?

3)I think there should be no limit on how many accounts we use simply because limiting us to use 3 accounts it's unfair and wrong.

4) We need mutiple accounts for diifferent characters like in my case I use different superhero characters.It wouldn't make sense to use a different character because of my penname like for example it would be weird acting as Deadpool in my Batman account.Etc.

5) As I stated in answer 4.We need to use several accounts to use different characters and use different codings for different purposes.

And on a personal note.You should not force this on us because it wouldn't make any sense on using only 3 accounts.This is not RPhut.So I hope you come with a fair decision for all of us anispace users and not betray our trust in you moderators.
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Lisica
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice
Posts: 798
Joined: 26 Mar 2015, 01:58

Re: Account Limit Issue Questionnaire

Post by Lisica » 28 Apr 2015, 19:37

1) How many accounts do you own? <5,5-15,>15?
A little over 10 to 15. A majority of them, I can't remember the login info for,
or they belong to other people now. Many of the accounts I own are old
mains, back ups, or editing accounts.

2) Do you think users have the right to account hoard as they please?
No, nope, nada. Especially since users have a pretty nasty habit of hoarding
a username/account, saying it's "for back up", and then ditching it forever
without even touching it.

3) What do you think the account limit should be? 3 or 5?
I was fine with 3, but considering everything else at hand, 5 works
for me now.

4) Please explain in extensive details good reasons why one
would need multiple accounts. (If you believe there is no real
reason a user should need multiple accounts, simply state so.)

Personally, I have multiple accounts for editing, roleplaying, previewing
page designs, or previewing requests for other people. I also make accounts
for friends in case they need an email.

5) Do you feel the need to spread out your edits onto several different
accounts as oppose to simply cycling through themes on a smaller number
of accounts?

No, not at all. I've only had one or two accounts dedicated to one theme
(or the same theme for one character), I prefer changing themes on my
main account. If I want to roleplay, either I stay as a character for a long
time, or make a separate account for them. Otherwise, I cycle through
themes and characters.

To the roleplayers who use several accounts for separate characters:

1) Do you need multiple accounts for separate characters? Is it implausible
to use one general account for all your characters?

Normally I only use my main account, but like I said previously, I will also
make a separate account to roleplay as them if I feel like changing characters
on my main account.

2) Are you aware of the RPG section of Anispace? If so, have you used it?
Why or why not?
http://www.anispace.net/rpg.php
Yes, but I really don't prefer to use it. I roleplay through comments or messages;
It's more convenient. I didn't even know people still used the RPG section.

3) Are you aware of the character creation feature on the RPG section,
which allows one to create multiple characters from one account? If so,
have you used it? Why or why not?
http://www.anispace.net/rpg.php?action=create_char
Yes, but that takes away my purpose for editing -- so why would I do that?
Image
Tyrant wrote:I KNOW YOU'RE A FOX IRL

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests