Account Limit Issue Questionnaire

This is where we'll announce anything new to the site.
Ahri

Re: Account Limit Issue Questionnaire

Post by Ahri » 27 Apr 2015, 21:13

1) How many accounts do you own? <5,5-15,>15?
Around 5-15.

2) Do you think users have the right to account hoard as they please?
I honestly don't see any reason why they should be hoarding that many accounts.

3) What do you think the account limit should be? 3 or 5?
I personally prefer 5.

4) Please explain in extensive details good reasons why one would need multiple accounts. (If you believe there is no real reason a user should need multiple accounts, simply state so.)
The only good reasons to have multiple accounts is a back-up, another RP account or a separate editing account. Then again, you can just switch to another design or character on your one username. Yes it does feel weird to edit into for example Sakura Haruno when your name is SailorMoon, but at the end of the day you'll still have your page design. The only difference is a username, as if you can shout at someone in real life for having the same first name as yours.

5) Do you feel the need to spread out your edits onto several different accounts as oppose to simply cycling through themes on a smaller number of accounts?
I cycle my designs on a smaller number of accounts, the rest are not active hence why I don't mind the whole cleaning-up the accounts option. If people are worried about their own designs, just save it onto Microsoft and put the design back up on their main account, their work isn't lost at all.

To the roleplayers who use several accounts for separate characters:

1) Do you need multiple accounts for separate characters? Is it implausible to use one general account for all your characters?
Not really, that's what Skype or Tumblr or other places are for. But if you wanted to switch RP characters so frequently, might as well make a creative name than a one-name username that only restricts you to one character. Even then it's just a name, you can RP any character you want, it's not a crime being a different character on a specific username after all. I personally stick with one character so I don't have the struggle or self-conflict about switching to another character.

2) Are you aware of the RPG section of Anispace? If so, have you used it? Why or why not? http://www.anispace.net/rpg.php
Yes I am aware of that section however I do not utilize it for personal reasons and that is because I like to have a presentable page before I RP with anyone. I mostly RP one character in my comment board or on Skype, so this is not a big issue for me.

3) Are you aware of the character creation feature on the RPG section, which allows one to create multiple characters from one account? If so, have you used it? Why or why not? http://www.anispace.net/rpg.php?action=create_char
Yes I am aware and I have used it, it works fine, it saves all of your characters' designs and information, but a lot of users would like to have a full BG, HTML coding for their characters I guess. Hence why they need multiple accounts to do that although I can't see why they can't just do that on one account and save their work if they want to use it again.

User avatar
Amestris
Anispace Beginner
Posts: 26
Joined: 14 Feb 2014, 16:52

Re: Account Limit Issue Questionnaire

Post by Amestris » 27 Apr 2015, 22:04

OrehCursor wrote:
1) How many accounts do you own? <5,5-15,>15?
2
2) Do you think users have the right to account hoard as they please?
No.
3) What do you think the account limit should be? 3 or 5?
3
4) Please explain in extensive details good reasons why one would need multiple accounts. (If you believe there is no real reason a user should need multiple accounts, simply state so.)
Honestly, there is no real need to have more than two. One as a main account and one as a back up for emergencies.
5) Do you feel the need to spread out your edits onto several different accounts as oppose to simply cycling through themes on a smaller number of accounts?
I like to cycle through themes on a smaller number of accounts.
To the roleplayers who use several accounts for separate characters:

1) Do you need multiple accounts for separate characters? Is it implausible to use one general account for all your characters?
No. You do not need multiple accounts for separate characters.
2) Are you aware of the RPG section of Anispace? If so, have you used it? Why or why not? http://www.anispace.net/rpg.php
I am aware of its existence. I have used it countless times, because I don't use my profile to roleplay.
3) Are you aware of the character creation feature on the RPG section, which allows one to create multiple characters from one account? If so, have you used it? Why or why not? http://www.anispace.net/rpg.php?action=create_char
I am also aware that this feature exist. I have used it, because I don't use my profile to roleplay.

User avatar
animepro88
Anispace Pro
Anispace Pro
Posts: 1455
Joined: 06 Jun 2013, 20:33

Re: Account Limit Issue Questionnaire

Post by animepro88 » 27 Apr 2015, 22:36

OrehCursor wrote:
XeyluK wrote: An explanation as to why this is being considered.
The staff of Anispace would like to make an official clarification regarding the recent announcement that users would soon be limited to no more than three accounts per person. First and foremost, we wish to apologize for the abruptness of the announcement. It was the result of an unfortunate case of a lack of preparation, as not only was the community left out of the decision but not even all of the staff members were briefed on the matter prior to the initial posting. Understandably, this has caused a great deal of anger and confusion over the issue, much of which is completely understandable. We wish to assure everyone that we of the Anispace staff do fully respect the wishes of the community and we wish in turn to do only what is best for the site. Remember, we are users and community members just like any of you, and we wish for everyone to be able to enjoy the site to the fullest. With that in mind, we will now be taking a more professional approach to the matter and will permit an open public discussion of the account issue, accompanied by a proper vote before any action (if deemed appropriate) will be taken. So, please, take some time to read over the following and let's all work to come to a proper agreement on the best course of action, with the interests of the site and community in mind.

Over the past few weeks, the site staff has been tossing around ideas for ways to improve the site and community. Among those ideas was the proposal to curb the issue of mass account spamming and 'hoarding' (creating accounts simply to take a particular username despite having no intention to be active on the account). This topic came up in discussion because it has been noted as a running gag almost that "98% of our new users each day are just the same people on new accounts" and the vast amount of inactive profiles that take up site bandwidth and make for unsightly clutter. In addition, we are often approached by users with problems and complaints concerning ownership of accounts and all the various confusing matters that arise from account sharing and trading among these 'hoarded' username accounts. As you might imagine, this comes to eat up quite a bit of time for those in charge of account management. To remedy this, we considered the option of potentially working to instate a limit to the number of accounts which would be permitted per user or per IP address. Many sites practice such a system in order to prevent excess clutter, and so it was put on the table as a potential solution. Also, we considered putting into place a system of deleting any accounts inactive for a set amount of time. Unfortunately, as mentioned, the staff was not able to finish going over the details before a post made its way to the public. Regardless, our objective here is to eliminate inactive accounts as much as possible and to do away with the hassle of playing mediator to users who get into ownership arguments resulting from being involved in account hoarding and trading.

Again, please consider carefully the topic at hand and the information presented. Afterward, we encourage everyone to deliver their thoughts and opinions, along with their vote, in a mature, constructive, and beneficial manner here in this thread. This is a matter of community improvement, so let's be on our best behavior and avoid any unnecessary raging. Such outbursts will be quelled if needed to ensure the discussion remains civil.
1) How many accounts do you own? <5,5-15,>15?

2) Do you think users have the right to account hoard as they please?

3) What do you think the account limit should be? 3 or 5?

4) Please explain in extensive details good reasons why one would need multiple accounts. (If you believe there is no real reason a user should need multiple accounts, simply state so.)

5) Do you feel the need to spread out your edits onto several different accounts as oppose to simply cycling through themes on a smaller number of accounts?

To the roleplayers who use several accounts for separate characters:

1) Do you need multiple accounts for separate characters? Is it implausible to use one general account for all your characters?

2) Are you aware of the RPG section of Anispace? If so, have you used it? Why or why not? http://www.anispace.net/rpg.php

3) Are you aware of the character creation feature on the RPG section, which allows one to create multiple characters from one account? If so, have you used it? Why or why not? http://www.anispace.net/rpg.php?action=create_char

Bare in mind that nothing is set in stone yet, which is why we are asking you, the users, for your input.

You may only post once on this thread with your answered questions. No debating or side comments.

Polls will also be a no-go since we have reasons to believe users used multiple accounts to vote. (Feel free to show that is not the case by having as many replies on this thread as there were votes in the last thread.)

EDIT: Please choose a limit. (If you don't, we will just count "No limit" as five)
Also regarding "But Luffy said!"
Xeyluk wrote:What they fail to understand is that those who have been appointed to positions of authority carry the full might of the leader in his absence. Since Luffy gave us this power and saw fit to leave the site to us, our word is as good as his word.
Skypiea also agree to this, and her word is equally as good as luffy's.

1) How many accounts do you own? only 1(and I'm always very flexible with it too)

2) Do you think users have the right to account hoard as they please? not really(doesn't sound like fair play to me)

3) What do you think the account limit should be? 3 or 5? whatever the skypiea & Luffy and the mods feels is best for here

4) Please explain in extensive details good reasons why one would need multiple accounts. not sure??

5) Do you feel the need to spread out your edits onto several different accounts as oppose to simply cycling through themes on a smaller number of accounts? not sure cause my most of my editing comes from my YouTube channel though my nightcores I create
Monster Hunter Generations
Image
Image

User avatar
END
Anispace Pro
Anispace Pro
Posts: 1070
Joined: 28 Apr 2014, 03:08

Re: Account Limit Issue Questionnaire

Post by END » 27 Apr 2015, 22:59

I want my vote to count instead of deleting my questionaire.


1) How many accounts do you own? <5,5-15,>15?

>15

2) Do you think users have the right to account hoard as they please?

Yes I think users have the right to account hoard. If new users get hold of a brand new account they will just leave it within 3 days and never come back to the site. Nice and wasteful.

3) What do you think the account limit should be? 3 or 5?

Should be no limit people will be passing this loophole no matter what.

But i can stick with 5

4) Please explain in extensive details good reasons why one would need multiple accounts. (If you believe there is no real reason a user should need multiple accounts, simply state so.)

I can't think of any apart from having the freedom to do so.
I never knew this site was a jail cell.
Last edited by END on 28 Apr 2015, 03:36, edited 1 time in total.

Image

User avatar
violecent
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice
Posts: 231
Joined: 24 Dec 2014, 13:48

Re: Account Limit Issue Questionnaire

Post by violecent » 27 Apr 2015, 23:24

1) How many accounts do you own? <5,5-15,>15?
I own several in the past; though most of them are deleted now.
I am planning to use only this one.


2) Do you think users have the right to account hoard as they please?
I have no specific answer for this question. I really don't mind, so long they don't cause any type of havoc with those accounts.

3) What do you think the account limit should be? 3 or 5?
If I have to choose between those two numbers, 5.

4) Please explain in extensive details good reasons why one would need multiple accounts. (If you believe there is no real reason a user should need multiple accounts, simply state so.)
Like I mentioned before, I pay no mind for those who do own multiple accounts. That is their own choice and their own responsibility. However, from what I've heard, each account may hold different meanings for the users. They may want to cherish some of the comments they received over the years or during their use of that account. It's more like a place to hold memories. I certainly do wish to have kept those old accounts I had since they hold so much memories. Another possible good reason is for roleplay; I personally don't roleplay, however, when we do, we'd like to be a specific character and we would like for our profiles to match with the character. If we want to roleplay as another, we would have to change the theme back and forth and it does get tiring.

If they would change the RPG Arena so we can edit the profiles of our characters in the same manner we edit our own profiles, I think people would prefer that. Though, I can't say for sure. Like I said, I'm not one to roleplay and I don't mind multiple accounts. These are just the things I heard from my friends and I just thought I might as well state my personal opinion by putting myself in their shoes.


5) Do you feel the need to spread out your edits onto several different accounts as oppose to simply cycling through themes on a smaller number of accounts?
I feel like with multiple accounts, people acknowledges your edits as they like to roam around sometimes. Also, with edits, you want to keep them up so people can maybe ask for a request from you to do a similar type of profile. Though, I did thought about this question and the users could have possibly just screenshot their designs, place them on their page and just let people acknowledge it there instead. If they want to use them, then they can just go ahead and do so themselves. Then again, it's my personal opinion.
Image
Nothing is certain, make the right choices.

User avatar
Crazeye
Anispace Pro
Anispace Pro
Posts: 2434
Joined: 18 May 2011, 01:25

Re: Account Limit Issue Questionnaire

Post by Crazeye » 28 Apr 2015, 01:17

1) How many accounts do you own? <5,5-15,>15?
A:
I own less than 5 account. 2.5 to be precise. Why 2.5? Because the third one is not entirely mine.

2) Do you think users have the right to account hoard as they please?
A:
I do not think it is ethically correct to do so. Here's a real life example. You may go by a couple of nicknames; nicknames that you approve of and prefer being called. But does it mean no one can be called the same because you are being called that? They sure as hell have every right to be called that. Albeit, the names are limited to being one per use on websites. So does that mean you're going to keep them all for yourself? If you say yes, then you are extremely rude. Shame on you.
I would also like to point out how people have been saying, "All good websites have good usernames taken" but let me ask you this; Do all those websites have their usernames taken by a group of 10 people? Nope. They do not. Your attempt at creating an analogy fails miserably.

3) What do you think the account limit should be? 3 or 5?
A:
My initial stand on this matter was 3 accounts. But I'm not going to say 5 because so many people have been whining about it. I still think that 3 is a good enough amount to have.

4) Please explain in extensive details good reasons why one would need multiple accounts. (If you believe there is no real reason a user should need multiple accounts, simply state so.)
A:
It doesn't hurt to own more than just one account. But it's really something if you have.. Say 15, or even 10 accounts. The main reason I have a second account is because I used it for quite a silly reason. I liked counting in the ""Count as high as you can before a mod/admin posts with it, so yeah. <~<

5) Do you feel the need to spread out your edits onto several different accounts as oppose to simply cycling through themes on a smaller number of accounts?
A:
Not at all. I just save my layouts as drafts [woah! You didn't know that? Now you do!!] Once I want to revert to a layout, I get the code from the draft and woosh! I don't need them all to be on separate accounts.

Rainy wrote:(Feel free to show that is not the case by having as many replies on this thread as there were votes in the last thread.)
Image
"When you don't fit in anywhere in the world, what should you do?
Carve yourself to fit the world...? ...Or carve the world to fit
you?!"


C.C.C (Crazeye's Creative Corner)
◕‿◕

My enter key & spell-checker are morons!

Mirage

Re: Account Limit Issue Questionnaire

Post by Mirage » 28 Apr 2015, 01:28

1) How many accounts do you own? <5,5-15,>15?

- 6. Easily willing to give everything but Mirage away. No biggie

2) Do you think users have the right to account hoard as they please?

- No. It's waste of time, space and it's stupid. "Look at this shiny Moltres I have" Really? When did accounts become Pokémon cards to trade and sell? This is immature and like I said, waste of time, effort and space.

3) What do you think the account limit should be? 3 or 5?

- I STILL think that no one literally needs more than 3 active accounts, even 2 would be enough but hey, if it is such a problem why not make it 5? Any more than that is just outrageous. No one can actively maintain more accounts than that.

4) Please explain in extensive details good reasons why one would need multiple accounts. (If you believe there is no real reason a user should need multiple accounts, simply state so.)

- Nah, I don't think ANYONE needs more accounts than a hand full.

5) Do you feel the need to spread out your edits onto several different accounts as oppose to simply cycling through themes on a smaller number of accounts?

- No ?

User avatar
Plegia
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice
Posts: 272
Joined: 01 May 2014, 18:33

Re: Account Limit Issue Questionnaire

Post by Plegia » 28 Apr 2015, 02:56

1) How many accounts do you own? <5,5-15,>15?
A bit over 10 or 15. I have also made accounts for friends in the past,
and I also edit for friends. Some of the accounts I own are old and I
wouldn't mind if they were deleted. Only a select few of my accounts,
such as my mains, usernames I really like, or original character names,
would I really rather keep.

2) Do you think users have the right to account hoard as they please?
Not at all. For my accounts, I check up on them every few days and
reply to comments on them and such, or update the design. There are
plenty of users who actually use their accounts, so I feel like only the
inactive ones should be purged.

3) What do you think the account limit should be? 3 or 5?
Personally, I'd say 5.

4) Please explain in extensive details good reasons why one would
need multiple accounts. (If you believe there is no real reason a user
should need multiple accounts, simply state so.)


Uses for multiple accounts would be roleplay, testing page designs,
a backup, and a main account. This one is my main, and I have a
secret account used just for testing page designs & coding before
I put them up. I have a few usernames saved for backup, just in
case I grow tired of my current username and just want to move.
I also own a couple of character names for roleplay and want to
keep RPs seperate.

5) Do you feel the need to spread out your edits onto several
different accounts as oppose to simply cycling through themes on
a smaller number of accounts?


Nope, not really. Ever since I've joined, I always cycle through
themes for different characters. The only other accounts I edit
are when I edit for friends, or make roleplay accounts. I stick
with the design of whatever character I feel like being and then
change when I want to.

To the roleplayers who use several accounts for separate characters:

1) Do you need multiple accounts for separate characters? Is it
implausible to use one general account for all your characters?


I use one account pretty much for all of my RP characters. As said
above, if I wish to keep RP's with one character seperate, I will have
it on another account.

2) Are you aware of the RPG section of Anispace? If so, have you
used it? Why or why not? http://www.anispace.net/rpg.php


Yes, I am aware of it, but it doesn't appeal to me. I have always
RP'ed through comments and I find that to be better, and more
comfortable to me.

3) Are you aware of the character creation feature on the RPG
section, which allows one to create multiple characters from one
account? If so, have you used it? Why or why not?
http://www.anispace.net/rpg.php?action=create_char


Yes. I prefer to edit my account to the character I feel like RP'ing
as at that moment in time.
  
Image
Image
signatures of my hubbies by user/pawprintzz & user/lisica
Copcake wrote:You're literally Adachi's #1 fan girl. Seriously.

User avatar
XVIII
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice
Posts: 244
Joined: 20 Apr 2015, 04:02

Re: Account Limit Issue Questionnaire

Post by XVIII » 28 Apr 2015, 03:27

1) How many accounts do you own? <5,5-15,>15?

Just one

2) Do you think users have the right to account hoard as they please?

Not really because it becomes junk.

3) What do you think the account limit should be? 3 or 5?

In my opinion it should be two one for regular the other for rp.

4) Please explain in extensive details good reasons why one would need multiple accounts. (If you believe there is no real reason a user should need multiple accounts, simply state so.)

I only believe there should be two accounts like i stated because you
should only need two for just regular stuff and role playing.


5) Do you feel the need to spread out your edits onto several different accounts as oppose to simply cycling through themes on a smaller number of accounts?

I don't think it's necessary unless your doing the another one for role playing
because i'm sure anybody's friends would know who you are.
Image

User avatar
EmiyaShirou
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice
Posts: 323
Joined: 04 Nov 2013, 16:24

Re: Account Limit Issue Questionnaire

Post by EmiyaShirou » 28 Apr 2015, 11:06

1 - Honestly, I don't remember, since most of them got banned years ago, but I mainly use 7, all for RP purposes.

2 - I think people should have the right to make as many accounts as they want as long as they are actually being used. It's a free site so people should be free to do as they please as long as it doesn't ruin other's experience. If they are just used for profit or just empty, the that's a different story.

3 - I honestly think the limit should be zero. But if this is going to take place then it should be 7.

4 - Someone wants to make an account for someone but can't because of this rule. Then there are roleplayers who use multiple accounts for Roleplay. What if they want to RP a different character but can't? Plus, no one wants to change their profile every week just to change character, It's too tiring and takes too much time.

5 - Yes, because in doing so, takes little effort and time. It's much simpler to have a various ones rather than just a single one. Besides, creativity shouldn't be crammed in a small box.

RP 1 - As I mentioned in number 5, having separate accounts for each character is much more simpler than just using the same old account over and over again.

RP 2 - Yes. I am. To be frank, the RP section isn't all that good.

RP 3 -It's just dull and uncreative. I'd rather RP from a account.

I believe people should feel free to do as they want as long as it doesn't break the general rules of the site. People having many accounts didn't bother people to the point of mass panic and having even more restrictions be restricting the people's freedom on the site.

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests