2) Do you think users have the right to account hoard as they please?
I honestly don't see any reason why they should be hoarding that many accounts.
3) What do you think the account limit should be? 3 or 5?
I personally prefer 5.
4) Please explain in extensive details good reasons why one would need multiple accounts. (If you believe there is no real reason a user should need multiple accounts, simply state so.)
The only good reasons to have multiple accounts is a back-up, another RP account or a separate editing account. Then again, you can just switch to another design or character on your one username. Yes it does feel weird to edit into for example Sakura Haruno when your name is SailorMoon, but at the end of the day you'll still have your page design. The only difference is a username, as if you can shout at someone in real life for having the same first name as yours.
5) Do you feel the need to spread out your edits onto several different accounts as oppose to simply cycling through themes on a smaller number of accounts?
I cycle my designs on a smaller number of accounts, the rest are not active hence why I don't mind the whole cleaning-up the accounts option. If people are worried about their own designs, just save it onto Microsoft and put the design back up on their main account, their work isn't lost at all.
To the roleplayers who use several accounts for separate characters:
1) Do you need multiple accounts for separate characters? Is it implausible to use one general account for all your characters?
Not really, that's what Skype or Tumblr or other places are for. But if you wanted to switch RP characters so frequently, might as well make a creative name than a one-name username that only restricts you to one character. Even then it's just a name, you can RP any character you want, it's not a crime being a different character on a specific username after all. I personally stick with one character so I don't have the struggle or self-conflict about switching to another character.
2) Are you aware of the RPG section of Anispace? If so, have you used it? Why or why not? http://www.anispace.net/rpg.php
Yes I am aware of that section however I do not utilize it for personal reasons and that is because I like to have a presentable page before I RP with anyone. I mostly RP one character in my comment board or on Skype, so this is not a big issue for me.
3) Are you aware of the character creation feature on the RPG section, which allows one to create multiple characters from one account? If so, have you used it? Why or why not? http://www.anispace.net/rpg.php?action=create_char
Yes I am aware and I have used it, it works fine, it saves all of your characters' designs and information, but a lot of users would like to have a full BG, HTML coding for their characters I guess. Hence why they need multiple accounts to do that although I can't see why they can't just do that on one account and save their work if they want to use it again.