1) How many accounts do you own? <5,5-15,>15?XeyluK wrote: An explanation as to why this is being considered.The staff of Anispace would like to make an official clarification regarding the recent announcement that users would soon be limited to no more than three accounts per person. First and foremost, we wish to apologize for the abruptness of the announcement. It was the result of an unfortunate case of a lack of preparation, as not only was the community left out of the decision but not even all of the staff members were briefed on the matter prior to the initial posting. Understandably, this has caused a great deal of anger and confusion over the issue, much of which is completely understandable. We wish to assure everyone that we of the Anispace staff do fully respect the wishes of the community and we wish in turn to do only what is best for the site. Remember, we are users and community members just like any of you, and we wish for everyone to be able to enjoy the site to the fullest. With that in mind, we will now be taking a more professional approach to the matter and will permit an open public discussion of the account issue, accompanied by a proper vote before any action (if deemed appropriate) will be taken. So, please, take some time to read over the following and let's all work to come to a proper agreement on the best course of action, with the interests of the site and community in mind.
Over the past few weeks, the site staff has been tossing around ideas for ways to improve the site and community. Among those ideas was the proposal to curb the issue of mass account spamming and 'hoarding' (creating accounts simply to take a particular username despite having no intention to be active on the account). This topic came up in discussion because it has been noted as a running gag almost that "98% of our new users each day are just the same people on new accounts" and the vast amount of inactive profiles that take up site bandwidth and make for unsightly clutter. In addition, we are often approached by users with problems and complaints concerning ownership of accounts and all the various confusing matters that arise from account sharing and trading among these 'hoarded' username accounts. As you might imagine, this comes to eat up quite a bit of time for those in charge of account management. To remedy this, we considered the option of potentially working to instate a limit to the number of accounts which would be permitted per user or per IP address. Many sites practice such a system in order to prevent excess clutter, and so it was put on the table as a potential solution. Also, we considered putting into place a system of deleting any accounts inactive for a set amount of time. Unfortunately, as mentioned, the staff was not able to finish going over the details before a post made its way to the public. Regardless, our objective here is to eliminate inactive accounts as much as possible and to do away with the hassle of playing mediator to users who get into ownership arguments resulting from being involved in account hoarding and trading.
Again, please consider carefully the topic at hand and the information presented. Afterward, we encourage everyone to deliver their thoughts and opinions, along with their vote, in a mature, constructive, and beneficial manner here in this thread. This is a matter of community improvement, so let's be on our best behavior and avoid any unnecessary raging. Such outbursts will be quelled if needed to ensure the discussion remains civil.
2) Do you think users have the right to account hoard as they please?
3) What do you think the account limit should be? 3 or 5?
4) Please explain in extensive details good reasons why one would need multiple accounts. (If you believe there is no real reason a user should need multiple accounts, simply state so.)
5) Do you feel the need to spread out your edits onto several different accounts as oppose to simply cycling through themes on a smaller number of accounts?
To the roleplayers who use several accounts for separate characters:
1) Do you need multiple accounts for separate characters? Is it implausible to use one general account for all your characters?
2) Are you aware of the RPG section of Anispace? If so, have you used it? Why or why not? http://www.anispace.net/rpg.php
3) Are you aware of the character creation feature on the RPG section, which allows one to create multiple characters from one account? If so, have you used it? Why or why not? http://www.anispace.net/rpg.php?action=create_char
Bare in mind that nothing is set in stone yet, which is why we are asking you, the users, for your input.
You may only post once on this thread with your answered questions. No debating or side comments.
Polls will also be a no-go since we have reasons to believe users used multiple accounts to vote. (Feel free to show that is not the case by having as many replies on this thread as there were votes in the last thread.)
EDIT: Please choose a limit. (If you don't, we will just count "No limit" as five)
Also regarding "But Luffy said!"
Skypiea also agree to this, and her word is equally as good as luffy's.Xeyluk wrote:What they fail to understand is that those who have been appointed to positions of authority carry the full might of the leader in his absence. Since Luffy gave us this power and saw fit to leave the site to us, our word is as good as his word.