Anispace Main Rules and Guidelines

This is where we'll announce anything new to the site.
BatmanTheDarkKnight
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Re: Anispace Main Rules and Guidelines

Post by BatmanTheDarkKnight » 07 Jan 2016, 14:20

animepro88 wrote:yeah, giving out accounts kinda will link your IP Address to the other person(s)

(and that there can result to possible system hacking from remote access to your device by the other person If they are smart enough to hack you)
Depends if that person is an expert in hacking right?

Rider
Anispace Pro
Anispace Pro

Post by Rider » 07 Jan 2016, 14:22

animepro88 wrote:yeah, giving out accounts kinda will link your IP Address to the other person(s)

(and that there can result to possible system hacking from remote access to your device by the other person If they are smart enough to hack you)
Good point

animepro88
Anispace Pro
Anispace Pro

Post by animepro88 » 07 Jan 2016, 14:23

BatmanTheDarkKnight wrote:

Depends if that person is an expert in hacking right?
yep

and as Oreh mentioned about banning those who try to give accounts away, both parties will be banned at the same time due to linked IP Addresses
Monster Hunter Generations

OrehCursor
Global moderators
Global moderators

Post by OrehCursor » 07 Jan 2016, 14:27

Thats.... not how it works...
The winner is the most adaptive one.

xNyctophilia
Forum moderators
Forum moderators

Post by xNyctophilia » 07 Jan 2016, 14:32

You'll get a 1-week-ban for simply handing them the account. That's about it. No complicated IP or hacking stuff involved. Seriously.
Image Image Image

Rider
Anispace Pro
Anispace Pro

Post by Rider » 07 Jan 2016, 14:34

xNyctophilia wrote:You'll get a 1-week-ban for simply handing them the account. That's about it. No complicated IP or hacking stuff involved. Seriously.
Okay i see how it works

Mika
Anispace Champion
Anispace Champion

Post by Mika » 21 Jun 2016, 10:17

Ants wrote:
■ Keep in mind: The moderator has the right to edit or delete member’s threads or posts if he/she thinks that these are not according to the Forum Rules. Typically a thread or a post will be edited or deleted if it contains vulgar or foul language, nudity or comments which can be insulting for other members of the forum.

here we see a mod in its natural habitat; creating justifications for editing my perfectly appropriate poem because she/he personally felt offended and or attacked while reading it. of course she hasn't made any attempt to reach out and give not a single s*** how long the post could've taken me or how much i or other's appreciated it. remember folks, it doesn't matter if all the people around you give positive reception and support any of your artistic endeavors. all that matters is a mod is not offended.

Oh I get it, it's probably because I said nigga! Well, I guess that justifies the deletion of over half the post instead of just the one word that made the rest of the poem offensive. I get it now, thanks!

■ The Anispace forums are rated PG-13. You are prohibited from using extreme sexual content and scenarios on this forum. The same goes with violence. There is difference between posting something that is inappropriate and posting something that is creative. Please use common sense, here.

Here we see our humble moderation tell you what can be considered creative and what can't be considered creative. So post pictures of random splashes of paint on a canvas, but a poem about being unable to connect with other human beings is NOT creative. No matter how eloquently stated or emotionally poignant, the mods get to determine what's creative and what's not. Am I saying you should be able to post anything you want, no. But it's JUUUUUUUSSSSST a bit concerning that a goddamn poem (which couldn't be offensive to possibly anyone but miss Rukia) could be edited or deleted with the same velocity as a sneakily hidden gif of Furry ***.

■ Posts with all caps will be deleted without penalty, unless the offender has been warned repeatedly.

They didn't even try to add any significant pretext to justify this bizzare rule. No matter how eloquent a post may be, remember that every mod needs TOTAL control over how EVERY post should look and what it may contain. So in the case of a poem, you could make a goddamn amazing poem with the same poeticism and e.e Cummings and have your caps be symbolic for something, and you bet your bottom dollar that it will be deleted in a heart beat and you'll have to talk to another mod to even understand why. Keep in mind that another mod could not see ANYTHING wrong with the post; as long as ONE mod is offended by the contents of one respective post, deletion could be guaranteed.

2. What is allowed and not allowed in terms of adult content?
- You are not allowed to post explicit sexual content or seriously objectionable material. Use your common sense and please remember that this site is accessed by very young teens

Ahh, the good old sheltering of the youth. This entire point continues to allude people with an intellectual capacity all over the globe. So a post on a mediocre anime forum is enough to corrupt young teens, apparently, but in this day in age where sex and violence is accessible EVERYWHERE and ALWAYS to teenagers, your modern day teenager is still more statistically likely to not do sex, drugs, or kill someone! So let's get this straight; despite the fact that children are growing up in supposedly shitty parenting environments and are constantly exposed to mature material, they're still more academically and socially SUPERIOR generations? I'm not trying to make this about a generational gap, the point here is that this notion that the youth can be corrupted by the Internet is f*** 2 decades late. You've already had (alleged) pedophiles, animal abusers and hackers as part of your staff and youre goddamn worried that a poem or a post in all caps is capable of corrupting young teens? As if teens don't already lie about their age or know about any of the mature themes that seem to be omnipresent on the Internet. These are the same teens that worship people like Pyrocynical and Leafyishere, who are considered some of the most offensive people on the Internet and yet garner an audience of over A MILLION CHILDREN.

All posts must be free of illegal or distasteful content, which includes hate speech, posting of copyrighted material, spamming the forum, bumping threads, or flaming/trolling.

So, obviously we know by now that the initial post that started all this (my wonderful poem) contained virtually none of these ills. So Rukia, tell me, if I was some dude you've never met and I showed you the same exact poem that I posted in the forum, would you have gotten offended? Let me remind you that the term PG-13 is EXTREMELY vague. In places like Britian, more things would be allowed under the pg-13 labeled than in the US. For example, the film "A Single Man" was rated R in the US for depicting a gay protagonist, but if my memory serves me right, that film in the UK was just pg-13 and it probably had more to do with the fact that the character at some point was going to commit suicide more than it had to do with the fact that he was gay. So, how far on the autism spectrum is the moderation? I want you all to go to your local bit torrenting site AND WATCH A SINGLE MAN TOGETHER ON RABB.IT AND TELL ME IF YOU WOULD HAVE RATED IT EITHER PG-13 OR RATED R. If you say rated R, then you're proving either two things; you're homophobic or you get overly sensitive over mature themes being explored. I think that is the basis of why my poem was deleted; mature themes are NOT allowed on anispace. Or at least they can't be explored with depth and must be extremely LACKING in closer inspection. On anispace, talking about suicide in a joking manner I.e "I want to kill myself when I watch shark XD" is MORE acceptable than talking about the utter constipation of your soul in some more depth without being too vulgar about it. If Rukia agreed with any of my points, which she probably wouldn't or wouldn't read this to begin with, then that is her admitting that she had no real justification for deleting the post and made a hasty decision. This is what happens when mods want TOTAL and COMPLETE control over the creative output of the user base. So the moral of the story here is to not try to explore anything tastefully and maturely on this site and stick to your anime edits and html coding.
You know something mod squad, I think he makes a valid point. Yes, there is a pg-13 rule in effect on the site but don't you guys think there should be some exceptions to the rule especially if it is on the grounds of honest artistic expression? It's one thing to blatantly intend malice with hate speech or other vulgar material, and another to be expressing mature themes on a purely artistic level whether it be through poetry, photography, painting, et cetera. At the very least, there should be freedom of artistic expression with mature themes through the usage of a spoiler and a warning. Is this not fair?

RukiaKuchiki
Forum moderators
Forum moderators

Post by RukiaKuchiki » 22 Jun 2016, 01:22

Ants wrote:
■ Keep in mind: The moderator has the right to edit or delete member’s threads or posts if he/she thinks that these are not according to the Forum Rules. Typically a thread or a post will be edited or deleted if it contains vulgar or foul language, nudity or comments which can be insulting for other members of the forum.

here we see a mod in its natural habitat; creating justifications for editing my perfectly appropriate poem because she/he personally felt offended and or attacked while reading it. of course she hasn't made any attempt to reach out and give not a single s*** how long the post could've taken me or how much i or other's appreciated it. remember folks, it doesn't matter if all the people around you give positive reception and support any of your artistic endeavors. all that matters is a mod is not offended.

Oh I get it, it's probably because I said nigga! Well, I guess that justifies the deletion of over half the post instead of just the one word that made the rest of the poem offensive. I get it now, thanks!

■ The Anispace forums are rated PG-13. You are prohibited from using extreme sexual content and scenarios on this forum. The same goes with violence. There is difference between posting something that is inappropriate and posting something that is creative. Please use common sense, here.

Here we see our humble moderation tell you what can be considered creative and what can't be considered creative. So post pictures of random splashes of paint on a canvas, but a poem about being unable to connect with other human beings is NOT creative. No matter how eloquently stated or emotionally poignant, the mods get to determine what's creative and what's not. Am I saying you should be able to post anything you want, no. But it's JUUUUUUUSSSSST a bit concerning that a goddamn poem (which couldn't be offensive to possibly anyone but miss Rukia) could be edited or deleted with the same velocity as a sneakily hidden gif of Furry ***.

■ Posts with all caps will be deleted without penalty, unless the offender has been warned repeatedly.

They didn't even try to add any significant pretext to justify this bizzare rule. No matter how eloquent a post may be, remember that every mod needs TOTAL control over how EVERY post should look and what it may contain. So in the case of a poem, you could make a goddamn amazing poem with the same poeticism and e.e Cummings and have your caps be symbolic for something, and you bet your bottom dollar that it will be deleted in a heart beat and you'll have to talk to another mod to even understand why. Keep in mind that another mod could not see ANYTHING wrong with the post; as long as ONE mod is offended by the contents of one respective post, deletion could be guaranteed.

- You are not allowed to post explicit sexual content or seriously objectionable material. Use your common sense and please remember that this site is accessed by very young teens

Ahh, the good old sheltering of the youth. This entire point continues to allude people with an intellectual capacity all over the globe. So a post on a mediocre anime forum is enough to corrupt young teens, apparently, but in this day in age where sex and violence is accessible EVERYWHERE and ALWAYS to teenagers, your modern day teenager is still more statistically likely to not do sex, drugs, or kill someone! So let's get this straight; despite the fact that children are growing up in supposedly shitty parenting environments and are constantly exposed to mature material, they're still more academically and socially SUPERIOR generations? I'm not trying to make this about a generational gap, the point here is that this notion that the youth can be corrupted by the Internet is f*** 2 decades late. You've already had (alleged) pedophiles, animal abusers and hackers as part of your staff and youre goddamn worried that a poem or a post in all caps is capable of corrupting young teens? As if teens don't already lie about their age or know about any of the mature themes that seem to be omnipresent on the Internet. These are the same teens that worship people like Pyrocynical and Leafyishere, who are considered some of the most offensive people on the Internet and yet garner an audience of over A MILLION CHILDREN.

All posts must be free of illegal or distasteful content, which includes hate speech, posting of copyrighted material, spamming the forum, bumping threads, or flaming/trolling.

So, obviously we know by now that the initial post that started all this (my wonderful poem) contained virtually none of these ills. So Rukia, tell me, if I was some dude you've never met and I showed you the same exact poem that I posted in the forum, would you have gotten offended? Let me remind you that the term PG-13 is EXTREMELY vague. In places like Britian, more things would be allowed under the pg-13 labeled than in the US. For example, the film "A Single Man" was rated R in the US for depicting a gay protagonist, but if my memory serves me right, that film in the UK was just pg-13 and it probably had more to do with the fact that the character at some point was going to commit suicide more than it had to do with the fact that he was gay. So, how far on the autism spectrum is the moderation? I want you all to go to your local bit torrenting site AND WATCH A SINGLE MAN TOGETHER ON RABB.IT AND TELL ME IF YOU WOULD HAVE RATED IT EITHER PG-13 OR RATED R. If you say rated R, then you're proving either two things; you're homophobic or you get overly sensitive over mature themes being explored. I think that is the basis of why my poem was deleted; mature themes are NOT allowed on anispace. Or at least they can't be explored with depth and must be extremely LACKING in closer inspection. On anispace, talking about suicide in a joking manner I.e "I want to kill myself when I watch shark XD" is MORE acceptable than talking about the utter constipation of your soul in some more depth without being too vulgar about it. If Rukia agreed with any of my points, which she probably wouldn't or wouldn't read this to begin with, then that is her admitting that she had no real justification for deleting the post and made a hasty decision. This is what happens when mods want TOTAL and COMPLETE control over the creative output of the user base. So the moral of the story here is to not try to explore anything tastefully and maturely on this site and stick to your anime edits and html coding.

Mr Ants, what are you trying to Accomplish here?
This is not something new... Lot of anime sites does not allow "Adult Content" on their platform. Anispace is basically an anime site and that is what makes it better.

"Next time please talk to me directly, If you don’t like something I’ve done, PMing me will always be more effective."

GabrielleRunaways
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet

Post by GabrielleRunaways » 23 Jun 2016, 19:53

Seth wrote:
Ants wrote:

You know something mod squad, I think he makes a valid point. Yes, there is a pg-13 rule in effect on the site but don't you guys think there should be some exceptions to the rule especially if it is on the grounds of honest artistic expression? It's one thing to blatantly intend malice with hate speech or other vulgar material, and another to be expressing mature themes on a purely artistic level whether it be through poetry, photography, painting, et cetera. At the very least, there should be freedom of artistic expression with mature themes through the usage of a spoiler and a warning. Is this not fair?
I agree with your point of view,Seth.But this site isn't made for that and you'll unfortunatly have to use other platforms to express your art.That's not such a big deal anyways.

RenegadeDeadpool
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by RenegadeDeadpool » 23 Jun 2016, 21:18

Seth wrote:
Ants wrote:

That won't happen.