Welcome to Anispace! Thank you for checking out our site and forums. In order to ensure that the site remains enjoyable and easy to use for all, we have in place a set of simple rules and guidelines which we expect all of our users to abide by. It is the responsibility of all users to stay up-to-date with these rules and to abide by them. Please check here often for any changes or updates. These rules are detailed as follows:
- Show Respect for All Members. We strive to maintain a friendly and fun community here. To ensure this remains the case, we ask that all users behave themselves accordingly and avoid engaging in rude, lewd, provocative, degrading, or otherwise irreverent behavior. Keep all discussions civil, and do not encourage arguments or hate speech of any kind. While we fully encourage intelligent and civilized debating of opinions, we will not tolerate immature bickering or the like. Any obvious harassment of any nature will be acted upon promptly by our staff, including unwanted spamming or trolling of personal profiles or forum threads.
- Agree to Disagree. In keeping with the above, do not pursue arguments or heated disagreements in public view. If it is personal, take it to private messages. Otherwise, you have two options: either drop the matter and show the maturity to walk away, or report the issue to a staff member and allow it to be dealt with accordingly. Do not attempt to take things into your own hands and risk causing an eruption of flaming in the forums.
- Stay on Topic in the Forums. Please show respect for the creators and participants of any forum thread by staying true to the topic at hand.
- Avoid Posting Repeat Topics. Before posting any new topics in the forums, check to be sure there does not already exist a topic of similar enough nature. If so, please use the existing thread. This ensures our forums stay clean and organized with as little clutter as possible.
- Spamming or Trolling in the Forums is to be Avoided. In the interests of keeping our forums clean and easily navigable, we ask that our users refrain from posting unless they have something of relevance to add to a given topic. No wasted posts, please. Refrain from multi-posting. This does not necessarily apply to the Random or Forum Games sections, where the rules may be more lenient. In such instances, please refer to any guidelines set forth in the thread's opening post.
- Post All Topics in the Appropriate Forums. Please help us keep our site clean by being mindful to post topics in their respective categories. If you are unsure of what category your topic should be placed in, feel free to ask a staff member for help.
- Avoid 'Necroing' Threads. To 'necro' a thread is to post in a topic which has been already resolved or has been inactive for a lengthy time period (e.g. a month or more). If nothing has gone on in the topic for that long, then most likely it is best to just leave it alone. If, however, your intended post holds some real relevance, then this may be overlooked. Use your best judgment in determining whether what you wish to say is truly that important.
- No 'Empty Quotes' in the Forums. Please refrain from posting in the forums with merely a quote from another user without adding anything relevant of your own design. If it has already been said, then it has been said. Leave it at that. Knowing when not to post is an important discipline.
- This is a PG-13 Site. Posting of explicit sexual material of any kind is strictly prohibited. This includes any form of nude or sexually oriented images, videos, or links, as well as any graphic detail in written form. This also applies to excessive gore. Any post containing such material will be deleted and the user responsible swiftly disciplined. Do not attempt to argue past this rule. There are actual legal guidelines set forth for this sort of material and we wish to not only abide by those laws but also to make this a place where all users can enjoy the site freely without fear of encountering such material.
NOTE: Instances of minor suggestive or offensive material will be met with a warning as per the normal standard. Posting any extreme material will result in an immediate ban, however.
- Keep Public Swearing and Foul Language to a Minimum. Although not prohibited, it can easily be seen as distasteful. Please show respect for our community by using such language in moderation, and never entering the realm of graphic detail in any manner of sexual jesting or potentially offensive material in any public setting on the site. In private conversation, users may do as they please, but do keep in mind that if such language is unwanted you may be reported for harassment.
- No Auto-play Videos in the Forums. Posting auto-play videos can prove troublesome for two primary reasons. First, it can cause issue for those who might be browsing with their sound on and sudden noise may be unwelcome. Secondly, it can pose a problem for users who might be operating slower browsers. There are times when videos can cause such browsers to stall and thereby interrupt an otherwise pleasant experience for our users. In the end, it is unnecessary and rude, so please refrain from it.
- Be Cautious of Posting Personal Info. We of Anispace are not responsible for any carelessly handled personal info which might fall into the wrong hands. As with any internet venue, the less people know about you is generally the better. However, this is not a free pass for other users to handle personal info without consent of the individual concerned. Malicious and/or non-consensual invasion and display of someone's privacy is strictly prohibited.
- Do Not Steal Content from Other Users. As in any setting, plagiarism is highly frowned upon here. Please, be original and respect the property and designs of other users. Do not attempt to bypass this rule. The staff will always know who posted theirs first.
- Avoid Advertising. This is not a sales site. Please do not post ads for your wares here. This includes solicitation links.
- IP Trackers are Not Permitted. Any user found using an IP tracker will be promptly banned.
- Respect All Staff Decisions. Our staff is here to ensure that all of our users are treated fairly and justly, and to keep the site a clean and inviting place for all. Please help us do this by showing proper respect toward our staff and abiding by all decisions rendered. If you have a particular suggestion, question, or concern, please make it known in a mature fashion, either in the 'Suggestions & Feedback' forum or directly to one of our staff, and allow us to deal with it accordingly. Any disagreements with any decisions or actions made by the staff are to be addressed in like manner. We are always happy to discuss any issues the community might have.
- User Profiles are Subject to Each of the Applicable Above Rules.
- Five Accounts Per User. We ask that our users maintain no more than five accounts each. This prevents clutter in our members section and allows for easier site governance. If you would like to create a new account beyond your fifth permitted, please first see an Admin to have an existing account of your choice deleted before proceeding.
- Do Not Create Accounts to Impersonate or Humiliate Other Users. We will not tolerate this sort of immature behavior. Any account found to be of a malicious or deceitful nature will be banned on sight.
- We are Not Responsible for Mishandled Account Info. Often, our users will approach us with issues related to mishandled passwords or accounts given to others. Let it be known that we of the Anispace staff do not hold responsibility for how you may choose to handle your account info. It is not our duty to retrieve accounts lost or stolen due to user negligence. We ask that our users please exercise the utmost care in guarding their account info, just as with any personal info.
- The Anispace RPG Area is Subject to Each of the Above Applicable Rules.
No one likes to have authority figures constantly looming over their shoulders examining their movements. Respectfully, we try to allow our users the freedom to manage their own affairs as much as possible. In keeping with this, we ask that our users actively make use of their ability to report other users whom they believe have violated our site rules or otherwise engaged in inappropriate behavior. All such reports will be investigated by our staff and, if deemed valid, will be acted upon accordingly.
Keep in mind, however, that we will not simply take someone's word for it when dealing with potential offenses. We require verifiable proof to be provided along with any complaint.
The accomplice rule- It should be noted that under no circumstances may a user assist another user who is banned. This mean that helping a banned user evade bans will result in the user who assisted them in being punished as well, ranging from a temp ban of considerable time to permaban.
Additionally, you may not knowingly withhold information of a banned users whereabouts within the site should that happen. If you encounter a user that you know should be banned from the site, you are required to report to a mod immediately.
That being said, do /NOT/ approach and comment the banned user. Leave them alone and just report to a mod. Why? Well what would happen if you mistaken an innocent user for a banned one and gave them grief for it? Well now you are in trouble for harassing an innocent user. So don't do it. Additionally, if they actually are guilty, then all you are doing is wasting your time and not reporting to a mod as a result. Just report to a mod and leave it at that.
In the event that any of our site rules are shown to have been violated, offenders will be dealt with promptly and accordingly. Unless otherwise noted in the specific sections above, the following system applies:
- The first two offenses will be met with a warning.
- The third offense will be met with a one week ban.
- If, after having served an initial temporary ban, the offender still continues to misbehave, a permanent ban will be imposed.