Moderator Recruitment Center

This is where we'll announce anything new to the site.
Phantasm
Global moderators
Global moderators

Re: Moderator Recruitment Center

Post by Phantasm » 10 Mar 2016, 04:10

Application
1. What forum do you want to be a moderator (max 3 forums, and none of the individual anime sections)?

General Discussion, Guidance and Counseling, Entertainment

2. What makes you suitable for this position?

I believe that I am suitable for this position as I am almost always just lurking the forums during my time spent here. It'd be relatively easy for me to spot any disruptions or things that would cause disruptions and put an end to them. I'm fairly active on a day to day basis, and believe that I could help make the site a better place as a whole. Shoot, I've been trying to think of some kind of prompt that isn't SUPER specific for discussions just to get something rolling. I think that along with a better community, a better forum could easily bring in new users and I'd like to help in bringing that into fruition.

3. How much time do you spend on Anispace?

At least a few hours a day. I'm generally just lurking in the forums, posting once or twice.

4. Do you have any experiences with being a forum moderator?

Yeah, I used to me a forum mod for an old MMO that got shut down. Nothing ever really went on there though.

5. Why do you want the position?

I want the position as, I think I could make a decent contribution to the site and the forums. I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but the site needs some help, really bad. It'd be best to start with the heart of the site, the forums. I wish to make it a more fun place for those who are here to have fun, and a more "intellectual" place for people who are more fans of discussions, for current users and potential new ones alike.

MilkShakes
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by MilkShakes » 10 Mar 2016, 04:16

1. What forum do you want to be a moderator (max 3 forums, and none of the individual anime sections)?
I want to be a moderator for the creative, video-game and Entertainment forums.
I think I'm suitable for this position since I'm always looking at the forums 24/7 for the most part, especially on the three sections mentioned.
I almost come online here everyday.
No, I haven't had any experience as a forum moderator but I'm willing to give it a shot.
I want this position because I want to try something new.

Kyotachi
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by Kyotachi » 10 Mar 2016, 06:00

General Discussion, Video Game and Anime Forums

I have been apart of the Anispace community for a while now
and i've gotten a good understanding of the site and its content.

I never thought i would spend so much time on this site, yet here i am.
I am actively social and mostly free making me qualified for the moderator position.
Im handy, fast and efficient and dont mind doing the work for this site.
I love giving out opinions and reading the opinions of others because it interests
me to know how we all function and think in ways of our owns which
makes us pretty much special. Alot of people here tend to be smarter
than the average person and that makes me always want to be apart
of any discussions leading me to these forums.

The Video Game and Anime forums is always an extra spice to me,
it'll give me a chance to know people with the same interests as me
and it gets me excited. Knowing where i live, I do not know alot of people
i can talk to about most my big interests and Anispace gives me a chance
to meet and talk to cool people all over the world,

So helping out with this small yet big community would even help me in my current state of mind.
I spend alot of time on this site, perhaps 4-5 hours atleast every single day
so i really think i'd be perfectly suited as a Mod.

That being said, is just a small detail of why i want to be moderate the forums.
Im calm and understanding and can adress any kind of situation in a proper manner.
Also and with a bit of attitude i can easily say that im perfect for the position.
If you want me to be a part of the "Mod Squad" then i am here willingly filling in that empty spot.

That will be all from the Scandinavian cheese. 8-)

Its insane how much time i spend on here.
I'll spend up to 7-8 hours just reading the forums and commenting people here.
Playing arround with the settings, applying different pictures, edit them to my avatar and profile.
I spend alot of time on here, perhaps too much but it doesnt hurt me one bit.

I have yet to be a moderator on any site but the major interest has always been there.
Probably why i strongly wish i get selected as a mod in this open assembly woo.

I want to help the site in any way that i can.
Whether it be thread sorting, locking, junk deleting or whatever.
But also i would have to admit because i really find it cool.
But i would do great for this site and loaden the work for the others.
You would make my coffee smell better if you accepted me.
I'd make Anispace great again. (fvck trump doe)
And i would make Anispace conquer all the other sites,
Im truly a Soldier you want on your team.
Nothing more can be said other than what i've already stated.
I would be a great Moderator and considering my "passion" for this aplication
and the community, it would be very wise to have me.

Nonetheless in the end it is your choice, and whether or not i get chosen.
I will still try to contribute as much as i can to this site.
Its becoming one of the first things i enter when i open my computer in the morning.

That will be all.
(Also i make great french toasts if that helps in any way)

Thank you for your time to read this and
Au Revoir -

- Kyotachi
"There is nothing good nor bad but thinking makes it so."

Sempiternal
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by Sempiternal » 10 Mar 2016, 06:59

Application
Visual Arts and Random Section

The Visual Arts section has always been a very inspiring and stunning section to me.
All the beautiful work the users/editors are sharing on this site,
seeing how they progess and learn new things about editing everyday makes me happy.
I'm myself an editor, i edit alot in my free time and love to learn now things, methods to show of new ways to edit.

For the Random section it'd be since i'm always around just watching over the users,
sharing their thoughts, figuring out arguments and fights.

I'm online everyday for a couple of hours and lurk through the forums.
I don't reply very quickly, but if it's an emergency i'll be helping immediately.

No,i do not.

I'd love to encourage people to show of their work, make them feel confident and show them that everyone's has quite the
talent to edit if they try/want to. If there's any open questions i'll always be available to help out, show of editing methods.
Regarding both sections that i've named, i'd love to interact with the users more,just help out to make New Users feel welcome here.
Melli wrote:Who the heck even needs DaeJong when you got Mellice? 8D
AskingAlexandria wrote:SOLICE YOU NUTTER
ThreeDaysGrace wrote: Jhin's bitches are just like his gun. They cock and blow c;

Killua
Anispace Champion
Anispace Champion

Post by Killua » 10 Mar 2016, 08:17

Application

Anime General | Video Games | Manga

The opportunity presented to become a mod on these forums is very interesting, and I believe my experiences and knowledge of how this websites operates will make me a very competitive candidate for this position. I'm always contributing by posting the latest information on video games,Anime and Manga keeping the users of anispace well informed as well having discussions and debates with them. As a member since 2012 I have always been watching over these forums searching to have good discussions,debates as well as sharing and learning new things from each other. I must say my Forum post count speaks for itself as I'm proud being ranked as an Anispace Pro with my three golden stars being displayed for all to see.
Despite all this I've seen and experienced many disruptions on these forums by users who are very immature and foul mouthed, they sometimes even break the Anispace community guidelines and i'm willing to keep these forums less toxic by stopping any disruption or potential disruptions that may get out of hand. In no way will I ever abuse my power as I'm a very rational individual that will be willing to listen to the user(s) and sort out any kind of conflict, If the user were to ignore me and continue to behave irrationally I would then inbox them a warning, be it my best friend or close friend I will not be biased and let any of my emotions sway me... and any further arrogance will lead me to report them to a Global Mod the Admin. As a mod I'm also willing to get rid of all the inactive threads and to move the incorrectly place threads to their respective forum as I like to keep the forums I selected above organized and very professional. I strive for nothing but excellence.

As of 2015 I spend 4-8 hours a day on the Anispace posting in the forums and socializing with fellow users as I study or play video games for the rest of the day. If I were Mod I would be even more active knowing that I have a job to do here by keeping the peace.

Honestly I don't but I have observed and learned from the current and past moderators, with the knowledge I've acquired I have a full understanding of what being a mod really means.

The reason I'm applying is for my own redemption, there was a time when I was an immature brat who got in a lot of trouble on these forums, I got multiple warnings and a few temporary bans. I've learn a lot during those times and I've matured greatly even behaving myself for the past year. I've started to walk a righteous path to the point even the and past moderators are commending me for my change of heart and I am happy they noticed the change. It would be ironic to many if I got the position but I think by being a mod I can help to contribute even more to the site by helping to bring order and that way I may atone for everything I've done.

FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE | KINGDOM HEARTS III

ㅤㅤImage ㅤㅤㅤ

PrisonerOfFate
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by PrisonerOfFate » 10 Mar 2016, 10:10

Application
Visual Arts, General Discussion or Anime General.

I have always wanted to help Anispace out by contributing to the forums,
whether it be cleaning out unnecessary threads / moving them or helping someone in need.
Visual Arts, I love editing. It is one of my favorite things to do, on here and just for fun! I've always enjoyed helping members with HTML coding and giving them tips with editing whether it be Photoshop or any editing program, I'm always happy to see members improve.

General Discussion, I may not be able to contribute to this section as much as i'd love to, but I would be more than satisfied to help out there if need be (cleaning, removing off-topic posts).
Example; Title:What do you think about the recent gas prices going up? Person: I don't drive so idk lol.
(Things like that. :yuk )

Anime General, Anime has played a huge part in my life since I was a kid. I enjoy most of the topics there and spend a lot of my time there along with the Random section. Just like with General Discussion, i'd be more than happy to help out as well. (While creating new topics or moving threads to their appropriate topics.)

I log on everyday, i'm finished with school and won't be going to college for a few more years so I pretty much have as much time as needed if it's required. Other than that, i'm on here almost all night as well (CST). I spend more time in the forums than anywhere else on here. Most of my good friends that I've met here have my Skype and Facebook, so I spend my times here in the forums.

No, but I'd like to start here.

When I truly realized how time consuming it was for not only the forum moderators but the global moderators as well to constantly clean out and move off-topic threads and so on, I've always wanted to do it myself instead; being that I have a lot of free time and I also tend to be rather selfless. These aren't my only reasons. I've wanted to be a forum moderator for quite sometime. I know what it means to be a mod, a few of my friends who were once moderators for gaming forums would inform me on how it all worked and I feel like I really want to contribute.

Venerable

Post by Venerable » 10 Mar 2016, 11:43

| - - - On The Context of Relating to Others -- A Fancy Way of Saying "Hi" - - - |

Guidance & Counseling --- General Discussion --- Forum Games

(Shift through this, this really needs cleaned up).

Relating to yourself is important, but so is relating to others. Knowing when to call the shots, let intelligent discussion roam, and when to take something into a private conversation is key to not only being a successful moderator, but also a successful human being in general.

In the context of any of those sections, I not only have experience dealing with real world applications of situations needing Guidance & Counseling, I facilitate and encourage new ideas for how to help others, going in depth on a variety of intense psychological activities. (Working on learning each illness and writing a report on them, I've already done one on depression). However, most of this goes on behind the scenes, in the comment sections of the net instead of in the forums. I think facilitating good intellectual conversation can spark the interest of the remaining world of this site. I believe I not only have enough of a caring attitude to facilitate good discussion, both in the forums and off the forums, but also have enough mind to cast judgment on topics which deserve to be archived.

I take situations beyond the duties of a moderator. Basically, just be a human being. If someone is struggling on a topic, or needs help on something, I'll give a poke in the right direction. If someone is deep into a topic and needs guidance, I'll take time out of my own life to help that person understand the situation, what the rules are, and what they could do to better facilitate conversation. If someone is depressed / sad / needs help, I'll help point them in a more happy direction. I'm more than happy to spend time with users to help them.

Forum Games, on the other hand, are something that already need to be archived on a lot of old things. A lot of opportunity for things that need judgement cast upon lies there, and being watchful for it is key.

Started (2010-2016, through various accounts).

I am on every single day during the day between real life activities, and have enough time to sit down and talk with users in detail on topics if needed too, but enough of a reason to not be on the site consistently (we all have lives, and we all realize that). I maintain a very distant aspect with most of Anispace, being here and contributing when needed, but have enough of a set back manner to not spam the forums too much. I'm always willing to talk with other people, and always willing to facilitate discussion. (I just don't have a unique appetite for flaming other users, even when they make bad posts. Respectful discussion is learning discussion, and we all learn in life).

I have been a forum moderator on several gaming sites, which is where a lot of flaming happens (especially in the trade chat, and especially if someone ninja'd another user, those times were dark times, especially for Lighterthief).

The moderator team is a bunch of jolly fellows who know what they are doing, and being in college helps with the sense of real world application needed to maintain the open mindedness needed for the task. Beyond that though, I believe that bringing a sense of caring and soft compassion through hard judgement is a change. I take the time to understand each user and their problems, and have enough patience to understand other users situations and take the time to solve them. I'm not much for flaming others for bad posts, instead take the time to tell them why it was bad in a nice, respectful way.

I have a charming sense of humor and am easy to get along with. Overall, I think it would be a fun experience and an addition to learning and growing. The site might not last much longer, but I think at least trying to do something to make the experience as great as possible is something I would genuinely enjoy.

Cheers to all.

tsundere
Forum moderators
Forum moderators

Post by tsundere » 10 Mar 2016, 17:43

Visual Arts, Guidance and Counseling, and RPG Discussion

2. What makes you suitable for this position? I myself am an artist. I illustrate and animate, and post my works occasionally. In addition, I suffer a multitude of health issues. While I refuse to go into detail about these, I will say that it's offered a new perspective on life. Because of that, I tend to be the person that people go to for advice. I don't know why, but I've been told I'm easy to talk to and I try to be honest in the best way I can be. I like to help people in a variety of ways and that includes being a leader. I've also been roleplayig since '04, and have a lot of experience under my belt when it comes to keeping a lot of rules in place for that kind of thing. God modding, respecting the players, the difference between IC and OOC.. You name it. I've also played tabletop campaigns and understand how RP systems work.

As for qualifications, I extended the life of a role playing guild on World of Warcraft by two years and DMed a compelling story for my members. We were one of the best guilds on the server and held server-wide RP events (which were totally successful!). I was very firm about enforcing rules but doing so in a manner that allowed people to follow them even when I didn't seem like I was around. I also made the guild's website, a forum, and was admin for that for the guild's lifespan. I feel like I am a capable and gentle leader. I'm not afraid to buckle down and punish someone for taking advantage of my kindness, and that's why people in my guild respected me.

3. How much time do you spend on Anispace? I'm online a few times a week; I mostly lurk. I like to stalk, and say things only if I feel they're appropriate.

4. Do you have any experiences with being a forum moderator? When I was younger, I helped admin a role play forum, and then went on to create several of my own, which have come and gone over the last few years. I also moderated several forums of that caliber over the course of my WoW experience, having been in different guilds. I know how threads go, and I do well to maintain a discussion about it and keep things from derailing.

5. Why do you want the position? I want to see more variety and promote more drawings and art. Editing is great, but there's so much of it on the forums and I'd like to see more drawing and painting. I would also like to see the advice forums become more substantial, and try to see if I can't help the RP community sparkle again.

I would like to, above all, help maintain the site in a way that makes it a good experience for everyone here. I want to help maintain order and do so in a way that benefits everyone, not just me or the mods or a single person.
Last edited by tsundere on 17 Mar 2016, 04:14, edited 2 times in total.

Auer
Forum moderators
Forum moderators

Post by Auer » 10 Mar 2016, 22:52

1. What forum do you want to be a moderator (max 3 forums, and none of the individual anime sections)? Entertainment, Video Games, RPG Discussions

2. What makes you suitable for this position? I currently am a lead above roughly 30 other employees working for the city police department as a dispatcher. My duties are to hold those I am above to a standard of excellence and self-respect. Furthermore, I try my best to do as I am instructed by MY superiors. My job demands that I be respectful to the general public while maintaining a professional demeanor. I enforce the law as best I can from my position.

3. How much time do you spend on Anispace? Not as much as I did in the past, but that is easily remedied through smart phone access at all times. Furthermore, I can happily work what might be considered a graveyard shift on the site.

4. Do you have any experiences with being a forum moderator? No forum moderator experience, however I have been a server admin for many different video games.

5. Why do you want the position? I feel that there is always benefit from increasing the pool of rule enforcement officials on websites like this and I would be capable of improving the community.

"The reputation of Team Gurren echoes far and wide. When they talk about its badass leader - the man of indomitable spirit and masculinity - they're talking about me! The mighty Kamina!"

Fawk
Anispace Pro
Anispace Pro

Post by Fawk » 11 Mar 2016, 23:47

Hmm... That's a tough decision, considering there's such a wide variety of forums to choose from and three is just so little to me... I guess the three I would most definitely enjoy being a mod for would be: Video Games, Random and General Discussion.

Video Games: Fuck man, I love video games with a passion, you know? If anything, if I don't get picked for the other two forums but I did for this one, I wouldn't even be upset; this is where I feel I really belong. I would really make sure this thread was cleaned up a bit and start showing it the TLC it deserves. I would make JBlue (that's his username, right? It crosses my mind, but that one guy) and Copcake my partners, since they both know a lot about vidya and especially Cop since he was already a mod and knows his way around; not gonna lie, I could always use all the help I could get, you know? Might as well get it from some of the best. I'm also planning for, in the future, to make some gaming reviews with actual audio, so I know that's a plus. The biggest thing I could think of with me contributing to the video game section would be me hosting E3 on AniSpace for the past 2 years (and I will this year too, so don't worry), also making sure what was going on, when each event would happen, what the aftermath was and of course everything else in between. The best part about that was always seeing everything get excited over our favourite game series or companies. Seriously can't wait for E3 this year. Video games are my calling. As fucky and no life as it sounds, I spend tons of hours just playing video games, so I know I would be right for the job.

Random: What can I say? I'm just completely random. But seriously, being the user I am, this shouldn't be a shocker to anyone, right? Honestly, this is also my home, just, not as much as video games. I want to be just as gr8 (or better than) as Seff was when he controlled this forum, so I would totally make him my partner if I was to get chosen, since I know it would really help with getting around this thread. As the same above, I would take care of random and clean the gunk out of it every once and a while. I don't know what else should be added to this forum, thread wise, seeing as it already has so much different content to offer already, but I will let users decide that, as long as it fits within the rules.

General Discussion: Okay, maybe this one comes off as a little shocking to some users. What? I can be serious too. Anyways, this may be pushing it a little, but I know I can do good for this thread if given the chance. Get help from the greats I know *coughbrootalcoughrottencoughtwmcough*, to help guide me on the do's and don't's with this forum in particular. I like seeing people have good discussions and I'm all for freedom of speech, no matter what it is; seriously, no matter what. I would also start to contribute more and really get involved with the forum, so I can make myself comfortable with my position. With how good GD actually is and how great it can be, I don't just want it to fade into obscurity. I need to do something. Give me that chance.

24/7. I live, breathe, drink and eat AniSpace. It is my drug and I cannot get enough. I injected one AniSpace into my veins and that was the end of that story. But in seriousness, I spend enough time on AniSpace to really make some difference, even if it's a little. Maybe I'm wasting my time, maybe I'm not, but at least I can say that I tried to do something, like other past mods. But yes, I spend enough time on AniSpace.

No. The closest thing to modship was being a Twitch mod once. Would that count? But yeah, no forum mod experience, but would that take away from anything? I know I'm not the only one who's applied for this position who has never had any type of formal forum mod experience. Just like any other job, I can learn the ropes fairly well and easily, with little to no problems whatsoever.

Because I just want to see some change happen. Forum mod isn't the biggest thing, but it's a step forward. Instead of just being another user with a complaint, I want to be a user who can actually help make a difference for once. I don't just wanna be apart of the crowd anymore, I want to do something. I know I have the determination, fire and spirit to take this job and make it my own. I would treat it just like a normal job and actually give a shit about what I'm doing and be out there with my other users. Just because my username may be some fancy shade of blue, doesn't mean I'll be any different. Actually, the only difference with me would be that I would be more involved with you all. If anything, if I was a mod, the users around me would be mods too, in the sense that, I know they would help me make a lot of my decisions on what should happen and it wouldn't always just be me alone.