Moderator Recruitment Center

This is where we'll announce anything new to the site.
XHandzOffMahRamenX
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Re: Moderator Recruitment Center

Post by XHandzOffMahRamenX » 09 Mar 2016, 19:53

1. What forum do you want to be a moderator (max 3 forums, and none of the individual anime sections)?

The RPG Discussion.

2. What makes you suitable for this position?

While I may not have been role-playing as long as other people (around 3-4 years now), I can safely say I am capable of holding my own in an RP. I can do pretty much any (Para, fight, adventure, crossovers, etc.) I can also lend a good hand to those who wish to better themselves as role-players. I also have helped a few people in regards to their OCs.

3. How much time do you spend on Anispace?

I am on practically everyday.

4. Do you have any experiences with being a forum moderator?

None whatsoever. But you always have to start somewhere.

5. Why do you want the position?

The site has no longer been about role-play anymore. It was one of the many foundations when it first started in Anivide. I would like to see better RPGs and more people who are either reluctant, shy or nervous when trying to role-play (First time or not). There are many people who have so much potential and it's shamed and sometimes seen as "Not attempting." I am willing to give it my all to try and get more people back into role-playing. Thank you.

Talon

Post by Talon » 09 Mar 2016, 19:55

Talon's Submission
1. What forum do you want to be a moderator (max 3 forums, and none of the individual anime sections)?
Guidance and Counseling/Video Games/General Discussion

-For guidance and counseling, ive had several experiences where having someone to talk to would help with how i was feeling and ive helped a lot of other people calm down and i personally want everyone to be happy and try to be as stress free as possible.
"We cant eliminate all stress though", Thats something my college stress management professor talk me and i still have a lot of things i learned from the class and different ways and ideas to help out anyone with problems.

-For Video Games, Im an avid gamer first of all, i currently own all of the current gen consoles down all the way back to the times of the original game boy. I have large horizons on several genres of gaming, from our current call of duty franchise to the highly japanese series of Hyperdimension neptunia and much more.
I try to keep in date of all gaming related news to better know and tell people what current trending games are to diamonds in the rough, helps a lot during work to help sell the non known games to people who wanted the high graphic games but opening their horizons to the large world of gaming we have today.

-For General Discussion, I normally have ideas and other random things to add on discussions people have in the general discussion forum, like did you know banana's are berries?
Something new to discuss and learn about.

I personally spend a good portion on the day on the website, but its mostly spent commenting on replies on my page to refreshing the page about every 10-15 mins unless im on my phone to check or looking at what people are posting in the forums
-Ive posted in forums on several of my accounts, i normally only post in threads i want to post in

I do have experience moderating forums for 3 years, plus other experience with management

I personally want the position because i treat things like this as a job but i know not to be super serious and have fun, A while ago i was part of a group who ran a minecraft server (Ive told this story to Oreh once before) where i was Co-Owner/Admin on the server that the group and we had the server running for 3 years, at first i was trainee but i treated the rank as full on dedication with the rest of the other people who were also given the same rank were lazy and didnt do what they were supposed to, from day one to the first 2 weeks of me being on the staff list, i was promoted to admin with the owner saying that i was the first person she trusted extremely well with handling staffing for the remaining 3 years.
During my "reign" as you can call it, i had to keep manage of a minecraft server with the player base being mainly of 8-15 year olds and boy do they yell a lot, but gotta keep calm during those situations and i dealt with all of the problems as calm and less problematic as possible and it worked out almost every time. Unfortunately after the 3 years we decided to close down the server because of financial troubles with keeping it up (Cost was around 150 a month).
With everything ive said above, i want the position because i want to help out the website and maybe attempt to revive it back to what people said it was in the past, There is the chance to fail but gotta take that step and try though.
After all, cant move forward in life if you dont try to take that step.

Thank you for your time reading this and have a good day, week, or whatever long time is
-User Talon
Last edited by Talon on 09 Mar 2016, 20:55, edited 1 time in total.

Chan
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by Chan » 09 Mar 2016, 19:59

Visual Arts

I would probably delete unnecessary posts/forums; clean it up a bit if necessary.
Help with completions, and I can easily settle disputes between others as well.

I would say about 4-5 days a week. Usually my time on here is about an hour and
a half, at most, each day I'm on here.

Not really, but it does not hurt to learn. I do respect the rules of Anispace though.

As a "designer", I believe that it would be a good experience for myself.
Also, I would try to improve this site as much as possible. I enjoy helping others
as much as I can.
Last edited by Chan on 09 Mar 2016, 20:32, edited 1 time in total.

Space
Anispace Pro
Anispace Pro

Post by Space » 09 Mar 2016, 20:19

Random Section and Visual Arts.
These are the two forum threads I am on the most. For Visual Arts I'm an editor, not a known one, but it's a passion. I'd like to help out out this thread and make help make new threads that all users can participate and help with contests too. For the Random Thread it would be looking out for any signs of trouble or arguments and help each thread stay on its topic.
I am on mostly every single day. No matter where I am I always check up on the site.
No I do not, but it's always worth trying something new and adventurous!
For the experience to be honest and try to interact with more users. Being a mod I believe makes you be more interactive with the site and see how we can make things better for everyone not just ourselves.

ruffles
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by ruffles » 09 Mar 2016, 20:39

the greatest application of all time

entertainment or anime general

my supernal communication capabilities and my unyielding fighting spirit. i have carved my name into the depth's of anispace history. you may be wondering; "how can we trust this guy? he has a potty mouth, he constantly gets into arguments and he's been banned in the past. he's gotten multiple warnings and proves time and time again that he's an irresponsible arsehole who can't be trusted with any position of authority without jacking it up. he's the internet equivalent to donald trump; an ugly communist who will certainly be the genesis of our website's down fall, and he needs to be stopped. truthfully, he should've been banned long ago." And to that i respond, you're absolutely correct. i am all of those things, but...

foremost, i am one of the greatest content creators that this site has ever seen. i've conducted analytical masterpieces whilst in an drunken stupor (see my k-on review) and my sense of humor is unparalleled--manically wafting betwixt nonsensical self-loathing and never-ending soliloquy to your average joke about beers and jews. my taste in anime is superior to that of the average peon, thus making me a fine contender as the anime section's moderator, and forthwith, i've created some of the greatest and most hilarious and devilishly charming reviews this site has ever seen. emotionally detached? an apt description, but that instability and stoicism would work in *our* favor as i would be able to objectively determine the quality of a post. the attitude i exude in the forum section is only one of the many facets of my rich and complex personality, as i can alternate with utmost finesse between artistic (as proven by my amazing tumblr) and autistic (as proven by my anime reviewing persona). my determination is never broken, for i typed this entire thing on a broken keyboard where the "nine" key persistently appears in every sentence that i've typed thus far, and yet i bothered to edit my post to perfection. i'm witty and outspoken but also arrogant and possibly mentally challenged, but that only adds to my charm. think of all the ointment my naysayer's will need to apply on their blushed sphincters in the possible event that i become a part of the mod squad. it would make for brilliant comedy and reaffirmation that you indeed made the correct decision.

consider my allies: the fallen mod brutal (my mother) with amazing taste in metal, oreh; the mexican college student with an unstable diet, fawk; the meme master, the blind bandit, a.k.a VISCERAL, riptide aka chahlee (the man who's tumblr surpasses mine by leaps and bounds), and haine (the ultimate shit-poster). I am also the son of Mirage (my father), and i binged watched steven universe and gravity falls with rottenbutter to guide me through the journey into the unknown realm of western animation. of course, there's the countless unnamed (viceking, copcake, rie, etc). now, does this mean that i'm as amazing as them? not necessarily, however my personality has been molded by these talented and marvelous individuals thus making me a powerhouse of multiple personalities and numerous talents. in 2012, when i travelled from youtube to here, me and my friends played a pivotal role in crafting the once great roleplaying community which has died ever since their exodus. don't you see this profile picture? it's the perfect mixture between being the perfect meme while also being aesthetically pleasing.

but what would i do for the community? well, first off, i'll make sure that i keep the forums from being filled up with useless garbage and i will also be interacting with them like how i usually do; the socratic method. yes, my ability to question one's beliefs is socratic, albeit much more abrasive. the abrasive attitude is a mechanism in manipulating the dull characters that permeate this site and making them colorful--lively, thus making the forums a much more pleasurable viewing experience for the rest of the userbase. i turn day talk melodrama into intense philosophical discussions about existentialism in k-on. what more could you ask for? i'm also extremely democratic in my approach (see http://strawpoll.me/6921071). in my 3 years of being here, i've only blocked a single person. i don't censor the thoughts of anyone. in fact, i do the opposite. i challenge people's point of views while maintaining my devilish charm. now, look at these memes:

you see these memes? this is the pinnacle of my appeal: my memes. i collect the most creme de la creme memes you've ever seen, and they're critically acclaimed across the board. the memes start comin and they won't stop comin.

i've gotten my thread sticky'd and i've already taken my first step into the role of a patrician through becoming an anime reviewer. now i ain't talkin about gm's and admin stuff, but choosing me as a forum mod is the most logical step. as a token of my appreciation and as a gift to the community, i present you all with a download link with all 151 of my smug anime girl pictures. perfect for shitposting:

https://mega.nz/#F!2w4xmaZY!reOA8Azdzo0TpbYbkHJXpg

i've logged on at least once everyday for the past two years.

i once moderated a class discussion on a children's book in third grade.

to prove to the world that any sad ol chap can become a moderator. also, see number 2.

now that that's over, have an aubrey:

Lotus
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by Lotus » 09 Mar 2016, 20:42

   
APPLICATION
   
General Discussion | Entertainment | Visual Arts

   
General Discussion
   
When it comes to working with others and listening to their opinions,
I find that being open minded and respectful comes naturally to me.
I spend much of my time in the 'general discussion' forum section of
Anispace not only to engage in the discussions, but to also observe to
see what other fellow users on this site have to say and many of their
various points of views and opinions.

Entertainment
   
Most of my interests outside of Anispace lie in the entertainment
industry of the world. I am currently pursuing a film focused major
during college. Along with my interest in movies/television, I also
play instruments (guitar and piano) in my spare time as well. I find
the world of entertainment very interesting and hope to engage and
pursue it as a career in the future. I hope that being a forum mod
for the 'entertainment' section can help me engage with others who
are also interested in the field.

Visual Arts
   
For a long time I have been very interested in creating various art
using GIMP, Windows Movie Maker, and After Effects. I spend a lot
of my time looking through the 'visual arts' forum section, looking
at all of the users talented artwork and request forums. I also have
my own request forum that I enjoy updating whenever I can. Though
I may not be at the same level as some of the other users, I do my
best to show others my own level of talent and hope to improve by
creating more art for others and gaining constructive criticism and
giving others my own helpful advice.

   
I first joined Anispace around the end of 2012. Since then, I am
usually online almost everyday, usually for about two to three hours
altogether daily. If I am not online on my computer, I am online
using my phone or some other electronic device.

   
I do not have any experience, though I hope I can learn the
ropes. Although I might be new, I have confidence that I can be a
successful and effective forum mod.

   
I would like any one of these positions because I wish to be closer
to the Anispace community. I know that the amount of users on the
site is massive, so I understand that I cannot communicate with all
of them using only the comment box on people's pages. I hope with
this I can meet the people that make up the Anispace community
and keep it functioning cleanly and smoothly. All in all, I want to be
able to give back to the site that helped me make good friends; and
functioned as a place where I could meet people around the world I
might have not been able to talk to.

DarkSorrow
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by DarkSorrow » 09 Mar 2016, 21:25

Application
   
General Discussion and Entertainment

   
General Discussion

listen to other opinions towards the users like

bullying, gaming, and etc that sorta stuff an some

have different opinions on certain discussion's

that some agreed on an some don't an sometimes

theirs a random user pop into the discussion not

knowing whats the situation is or whats it about it

an have to sorta tell them about before coming

to the forum

Entertainment

Anispace is for people to have chatting getting along

with other anime fans an talk about games, or anything

that interest them even if it's on comments or in the forums

you know like they can post something to entertain users by

posting funny random pics, video, and gifs that other's

can enjoy

I first started anispace around 2012 so usually

I'm on every few days or so I do be busy with other

things but I always have time to come on anispace

no I don't I would like to learn from the best so I can be a

good moderater an I like to learn new things to become one

I want to make the anispace to be more bigger and more friendly

to meet people an to help them as best way I can I might not

know a few on here but I always try to help others that are in need

of help I like anispace alot, any of those two position would be fine

I want to make it more smoother for newcomers that just started

anispace
Last edited by DarkSorrow on 09 Mar 2016, 21:47, edited 1 time in total.

Emperor
Global moderators
Global moderators

Post by Emperor » 09 Mar 2016, 22:04

Application for LucidInsanity.
I am rather open-minded and flexible with any forums, though, if possible, I would like to moderate Forum Games, General Discussion, and Entertainment.

I am a really determined person who doesn't give up when things get rough. I am also really organized and focused when it comes to major tasks such as moderating forums. I know this is a quality that can bring a lot of positivity and good to the forums. I can keep myself calm under stressful situations and think really well on my feet to be able to come up with a good solution in a moments notice (perks of working in retail).

I spend practically all of my free time on here. Anispace is a place that I have never been able to shake away from for too long.

I do not, though, I am able to learn things pretty fast without much guidance or instruction.

I have always wanted to be able to provide tightly run and organized forums on Anispace. Being able to become a forum moderator can allow me to grow as a person further and can benefit the current users and new users in their browse through the forums. I can restore a little bit more fun for users *and* moderators alike. Wouldn't we all like that?

Mariam
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by Mariam » 09 Mar 2016, 22:20

Application.
Guidance and Counseling | Visual Arts | Anime General

Well I've watched AniSpace become what it is today and I feel like I could contribute to the team.

As for the forums I picked,

Guidance and Counseling: I love giving advice(any type of advice really) I'm usually one of those people that my friends go to first for advice and I'd love to help others who aren't my friends who are in need of some time and care. I do not believe that the guidance and counseling section should be closed off people should be open in there posts on that section. We are all adults and need to treat those who need it with the advice and care they deserve. SO I do not want people to be afraid and I want more people to post in that section maybe with new moderators in that section it'll give them the courage to post. (as long as those FMs are understanding to the posters feelings)

Visual Arts: I have always been interested in any form of art. (I to though need to start having confidence in my work) so I felt like if I give others confidence and keep an open mind to what people want in competitions that it'd help me and the community.

Anime General: Well this is an anime site and the main reason I joined was due to friends and the fact that it was for fans of anime to come together. I have watched many anime(s) as well as movies. I feel like I could help people come together with the types of genres they enjoy. (My favorites being Romance, Adventure and Mystery)

I'll gladly love to help in any of these sections, user issues, deleting forums etc. I'll do any of that in either 3 of these sections though it doesn't really matter were I am placed. I just wanted to give posting in this Recruitment center another shot. Since it can't hurt posting again this year.

I roam I don't reply super fast but I look at the homepage and what's going on. If I had to estimate a time I'd say all together maybe 2-3 hours a day.

I am one of maybe 6 admins to another site that is currently trying to expand. Though at current point the admins on that site are also the FMs until the site can expand some more to get more people to work with us and keep an eye on things. I do check the forums on that site but since it is such a small community nothing to much is happening on there.

I want to help the fellow moderators on this site make this a better place along with the communities help. Plus I feel working with everyone else will help me become a better person in the future. As I am a open minded person and will learn to take other peoples criticism and turn it into something people can possibly be proud of.
Snow wrote: You mean so much to me ♥
Phantasm wrote: Aye Mariam, just wanted to thank you for always having my back when I needed it. I'm glad to have a friend like you. Sometimes I forget you're 5 years older than me xD
Seraph wrote:I LOVE YOUUUU <3

Lux
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet

Post by Lux » 09 Mar 2016, 22:53

Visual Arts

Being an editor, I feel this is perfect for me. I want to bring in more activity to the Visual Arts section.

I'd make new projects and make guides on specific editorial programs such as GIMP and Photoshop to help new comers. I want to teach them different techniques such as smudge, flow, blending, C4D, rendering, video editing, gif making, text placement, shading, drawing angles, step by step. I give constructed criticism on where they can improve and credit on what has been done right. I've been into graphics, drawing and much more for about 5 years now and I can honestly say after this long period of time, I believe I'm advanced enough to offer guidance to other people.

I understand the responsibility I'd have to take on if I was to become one and I fully accept that. I know how moderating works, what is considered spam, what is a joke, what is appropriate for posting.

I have a good sense of humour, I'm very understanding and willing to listen. I deal with situations very fast and seriously, if I see there's a problem that can escalate, I will immediately intervene to prevent it. If there's a problem, I listen to both sides fairly and try find the best solution for the problem. I show no favoritism what so ever. I don't care if you're my best friend, my dog or even my mom. If you do something that clearly violates the rules and you know that, I will see to your doing. Annnddd no bais opinions from me. Yep that pretty much wraps that up.

Pretty much everyday apart from when I sleep and study.
I keep things balanced.

I've had experience being a forum moderator, global moderator and admin on other forums I've been on.

I feel like I can contribute more into the community by obtaining this position. It would help me improve personally with my skills while also helping others in the process. I want to make changes happen, I want to bring in more activity to the forums. Although I've only been here for a month, I honestly believe I can make this happen.