Moderator Recruitment Center

This is where we'll announce anything new to the site.
Rottenbutter
Anispace Champion
Anispace Champion

Moderator Recruitment Center

Post by Rottenbutter » 26 Mar 2013, 13:04

WE WANT YOU
TO JOIN THE ANISPACE MOD SQUAD

:!: Deadline: Friday, March 18 at 11:59 EST :!:

It's time once again people of Anispace. We are looking to hire new moderators, and they could be you. If you think you're up for the job, read below for details.

Forum Moderators' tasks:
* Monitor inappropriate topics and posts in your forum
* Move off topic threads to the right forum

To apply, please answer the following questions:
1. What forum do you want to be a moderator (max 3 forums, and none of the individual anime sections)?
2. What makes you suitable for this position?
3. How much time do you spend on Anispace?
4. Do you have any experiences with being a forum moderator?
5. Why do you want the position?

Post your application in this topic

We will pick the moderators based on your answers, the time you've been on Anispace, the posts you've made, and the suggestions from the Moderators.
ImageImage

EtherealStarlight
Global moderators
Global moderators

Re: Moderator Recruitment Center

Post by EtherealStarlight » 09 Mar 2016, 18:55

Hey, all! It's that time of year again: we're looking for new forum moderators to add to the team.

Same as usual, if you're interested, answer the questions in the original post and submit your replies here.

Deadline is NEXT Friday. (Tentatively.)

animepro88
Anispace Pro
Anispace Pro

Post by animepro88 » 09 Mar 2016, 19:08

1. What forum do you want to be a moderator (max 3 forums, and none of the individual anime sections)? Anime Series, Anime General, Random
2. What makes you suitable for this position? I'm occasionally looking at and/or watching different types of anime(both old and new) and I also have good common sense online
3. How much time do you spend on Anispace? almost everyday sometimes
4. Do you have any experiences with being a forum moderator? been a moderator in multiple communities on Google plus and very well at managing things with a cool head with what knowledge I know that reflects upon this site's guidelines
5. Why do you want the position? well, seeing how certain events occur here at times, I could easily be a good help on keeping thinks clean and civilized on here in a very positive way(whether I do get a position or not, I'll accept how things result like last time I tried to sign up like a respectable gentleman)
Last edited by animepro88 on 09 Mar 2016, 20:26, edited 1 time in total.
Monster Hunter Generations

OrehCursor
Global moderators
Global moderators

Post by OrehCursor » 09 Mar 2016, 19:10

Two things though
1) Ex-mods cannot apply
2) Be a good sport. If you throw a tantrum after pickings, then that just shows you weren't right for the position.
The winner is the most adaptive one.

GabrielleRunaways
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet

Post by GabrielleRunaways » 09 Mar 2016, 19:12

1. What forum do you want to be a moderator (max 3 forums, and none of the individual anime sections)?

RPG Arena and RPG Discussion

I'm not sure.But i've been a roleplayer for several years and first started back on Youtube as Lydia Deetz from Beetlejuice when I was only about 13-14 years old.Now i'm 21 and still roleplaying to this day.It would also be my chance to help out beginner roleplayers by giving them advices and practice with them as well to help enhance their skills.

I used to be online everyday and spent many hours on here as well.But with school now taking a lot of my time,I still come here everyday,but only for about two to three hours simply to respond to my messages and check up how the site's doing.

On here,no never.But i've tried to run my own little websites as the administrator with the help of a friend.But those were failed embitious projects.

The main reason is that it probably is my third or fourth year trying to apply to become a mod.Tough,the last times I tried,I was on a different account.You see,i've never had a job before in my life and to become a forum moderator would be a great opportunity for me to take my job very seriously.Of course,mods don't get paid for their amazing work here.But to be a moderator is still a good kind of job that i've always wanted to try and give it a shot.

The other reason is that I love roleplaying and that I would love also to bring my help to other mods on here as much as I can.Perhaps I could try to help bringing more roleplayers on here,I don't know.But to become a moderator is very important to me.

kuromi7
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by kuromi7 » 09 Mar 2016, 19:26

Anime Series, Anime General, Random

I'm always interested in seeing the upcoming animes that will be release writhing the years to come. I've been an anime fan since I was little and it always intrigued ne when I see a new anime coming out.

Everyday, on and off.

Not really, but there's always a first for everything. It's like applying for your first job if you think about it. You may not have any experiences, but you can always learn.

I've been on this site since it was first created. I've seen Anivide change over the years and seeing how it has improved. Why do I want the position? Anivide is like a second family to me, and I would do my best to help the site as best I can. I may not be suitable for this or have the skills to manage this site, but I won't at least try to apply for this. Regardless if I get the position or not, I'll be happy with the results.
Last edited by kuromi7 on 09 Mar 2016, 19:33, edited 1 time in total.

Kakashi
Anispace Pro
Anispace Pro

Post by Kakashi » 09 Mar 2016, 19:37

So here's my application :geek:
Kakashi wrote:To apply, please answer the following questions:

Guidence and counseling, Forum Games and General Discussion

I am confident in my work, and can work very well on a team and have learned to deal with issues in a professional manner. I can moderate based on consensus and precedence as stated by the rules while valuing feedback from my peers around me. I have learned to be a very straightforward, calm, mature and level headed person. I'm very observant, and have the eyes of an eagle. If something goes wrong, I am one to notice almost immediatedly. And when something is wrong or out of the ordinary, I will not hesitate to fix the problem and correct you when I believe you are in the wrong. I will do my best to make everyone happy. I am a very loyal person with good communication skills, who is very dedicated to their work and what they do. I will not disband a job which I have been assigned to, until I have achieved and finished it. I am not a quitter and will do whatever it takes to make this site a fun and enjoyable place for all to be. I am also eager to help anyone in need as I have done in the past, present, and in the future. I have been on this site for years now, and so I have knowledge of how to deal with various situations. Such as; inappropriate topics, forums that are not tagged correctly, break up arguments, and warn users of rule breaking. I know very well of the rules/guidelines on anispace through my years here. Through my experience, I have learned a lot about the online communitie. and hope to improve the condition of this site if I am selected.

Guidence & Counseling:
I feel/know that I would be a good influence to others, seeing as how I have had my troubles in the past and have actually expirenced proffessional help. I know I can take all that knowledge and use it to my advantage to help any wondering soul out their. I love to see people smile and want what is best for them and to see them live life to the fullest. I will be sure to make the guience and counsiling section that most enjoyable it's been and will not hesitate to offer help and/or advice to people who really need it.

Forum Games:
When it comes to the forum games, I am a very creative person, which I feel willl appeal to others. I love working in groups and coming up with fresh ideas to make the games a more enjoyable place. I will not hesitate to give advice or state an idea I have. [which I have done in the past for other forum moderators.]

I have been stalking anispace since 2012 on another account.. It wasn't until around the middle of 2014 that I recieved this account from a friend who never used it. Since than I have started roaming the forums almost all day everyday. Roughly spending anywhere from four to twelve hours on here. From the time when I wake up to the time I go to bed. But I'll mainly always be on around 5-11pm... Unless stated otherwise.

I do not, but I have been around long enough to know how things go down here on this site.

I want this position because I love this site and want to dedicate myself into making it better and enjoyable place for all to be. Instead of being just another user who is unable to do nothing and just sit around and wait for others to fix a problem that has surfaced. I want to be able to put myself out there and do everything in my power to Help the site and those who need the help in general. I love watching people have fun and making them happy. I know being a mod is not about you but the community and how they feel about certain things in general. I feel like to be a mod you have to have a mature heart that doesn't take what others say personally and takes it maturely. You must know when to take a personal matter into the comments and/or messages and solve the issue with that particular user one on one, until the issue is resolved. I also believe you have to be strict when the times comes and not be afraid to tell others when they have done wrong but also be able to give others the benefit of the doubt. Because it's the community here what makes anispace anispace. I understand I have had my faults in the past but over time I have learned to change my ways with the help of others, and have learned to become a more mature and level headed person about certain situations. I know nobody is perfect in this world but I believe everyone deserves a second chance and I know I have what it takes to become a Moderator and help this site to become the best it ever has been. By listening to the community, getting rid of spammers, hackers and people who just make the server an un-pleasent place to be. I am fully dedicated 24/7 to helping this server to grow and to make it the best it needs to be.
Last edited by Kakashi on 14 Mar 2016, 15:07, edited 16 times in total.
UchihaSasuke wrote:That imagination of yours is on some bizarre level beyond all horror movies type of sh!t.
#TotallyAComplimentForYourScaryAss. <3
UchihaSasuke wrote:You're just a blind fuqqface who's overused the false sharingan too much.

ViceKing
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet

Post by ViceKing » 09 Mar 2016, 19:40

Random, Video Games

Well, I can defuse problems quickly before they get out of hand on a real, serious note. I'm always open to both sides of the story with unbiased decisions when resolving issues,
I have a reasonable sense of humor to handle the random section as far as the brand of comedy here goes and as for video games I'm often researching on new games up and coming to various platforms, watching videos to finding articles for more detail.

I'm open to look toward any discussion on gaming, without stooping to bias remarks such as "Xbox trumps ps4", "Ps4 trumps xbox", "PC Master race" remarks because in the end, its a video game, so why not just play them and have fun instead of blowing time and energy arguing over what is superior, right? Also I'm more than glad to oblige in finding newest games that are up and coming and introduce them to the forums to get more activity thriving here. I'm open and not really reluctant to voicing my thoughts on topics, the more input, the more activity really.

It varies, but I can be classified as here long enough, for a short span of hours in different times of the day.

Nah, But I have learned how a bit by watching how the higher powers work around here in the forums in terms of situations and handling them.

I believe I could do a modest job, Plus I could get the experience of dealing with people from being a moderator here and I balance time between here and other aspects quite fairly.(school, family, etc.) Plus working with the other mods, I believe change can be made here, at least in the community so more activity can be produced in the forums and more community activity may mean future new members, more productivity equals more results.
I'm tellin' you, it's my world
I does what I want.
If you mad, then too bad.
Sounds Like A Personal Issue.

Rerulil
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by Rerulil » 09 Mar 2016, 19:43

I'd prefer any sections really, but what I want the most is Visual Arts section, Random Form, and general Discussion.

Why I think I will be a good for this position, well as I said I respect the rules, and feel likes if anyone needs help or someone to talk, then I'll be there I'm not going to say overly mature, but somewhat mature as well as responsible. If someone is in need I will be there and try to help them in any way I can.

Dismissing school, I'm literally on here 24/7 (usually on the weekends) Usually popping up every once in a while.

Sadly no, But I am highly aware of the rules here, and I'll respect them as a mod or not.

I am going to be honest here, I want this position because I wanna help the People here and this site, in anyway I can.
Bands wrote: I'm your cockarot and you're my vagi-ta.
I'm so bad with puns.

Pawprintzz
Anispace Pro
Anispace Pro

Post by Pawprintzz » 09 Mar 2016, 19:48

Random Section or Visual Arts

I spend a lot of my time in the random section and sometimes in the visual arts area
and it suits me very well enough to know it by heart.
I adore the visual arts because of all the neat creativity going on along in it,as for the random - mmm well I spend most of my day in that area anyway posting.

Pretty much 24-7 even though half of my day I'm not active in forums but lurk in them.

Not at all but being a moderator on here would be a splendid experience for myself.

Why? to help make the site better by any chance necessary and keep the forums clean as well as making sure no off-topic rustlers occur.
Keeping things under control and making sure unwanted topics won't be made.
I've been on here since 2012 but not long enough like the others but I also wouldn't mind if I don't get the position and be happy if someone else did.
THE NAME'S MCCREE.

I'm not good. Not bad. But I sure as hell ain't ugly.