Moderator Recruitment Center

This is where we'll announce anything new to the site.
xEphemeral
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Re: Moderator Recruitment Center

Post by xEphemeral » 12 Mar 2016, 03:47

1. What forum do you want to be a moderator (max 3 forums, and none of the individual anime sections)?
Visual Arts, General Discussion, Forum Games

2. What makes you suitable for this position?
I have always loved being in the forums, reading through them and checking up on them. I am a reliable and understanding person, which I think would be positive traits for this position. Also I am an editor myself. I would love to be part of the community more and help keeping this site clean, helping with little events and keep improving this site for a joyful experience for all members.

3. How much time do you spend on Anispace?
I have been part of this community since 2012. I used to spend all day on here. Now that I got a fulltime-job I can't be online all day anymore, but I still check up on everything on a regular basis. I would definitely be active enough for this position.

4. Do you have any experiences with being a forum moderator?
Sadly no, but I always watch the forum and the actions of the mods, so that I know what the tasks of a mod are. I am a quick learner too, so I think that won't be all much of a hindrance for me.

5. Why do you want the position?
Anispace has grown really close to me. And it will always be an important part of me. That is why I would love to help keep improving this site. I love helping people, I love the forum, I also see it as an amazing opportunity for me to grow even more and have a job I'm gonna give my all to do well. I want everyone to enjoy their stay on this site and that is why I'd love to help with it.

Belladonna
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet

Post by Belladonna » 12 Mar 2016, 13:45

1. What forum do you want to be a moderator (max 3 forums, and none of the individual anime sections)?
I would like to moderate the entertainment, manga and the language forums. I have knowledge for the forums I mentioned above and I also have a defined interest in the subjects as well.

I think what makes me suitable is the fact I am in fact reliable, honest, observant, and also passionate about what I do. I am a natural born leader, advanced problem-solver, and possess a rational mind.

I spend a lot of my free-time here. So probably 2 hours to about 8 per day (during the school week). During the breaks I receive, I'd say maybe 9 hours at per day.

I do not have the experience with being a forum moderator. I would love to have the first experience with this site.

I want the position because I know I can help bring back passion into those forums. Not just the ones I want to look over, but all of them. We need the spark in the forums that it lost a while back.
Last edited by Belladonna on 16 Mar 2016, 15:31, edited 1 time in total.

Storm
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by Storm » 12 Mar 2016, 19:00

I would like to be the moderator of:
Entertainment
General Discussion
Video games
Mainly because those are the forums I look at the most, and are the ones with subjects I know a lot about.

I am suitable because I am passionate about what I do, and would put genuine effort into being a Mod.
Now that I'm done with college, I will be back to my regualr routine of being on daily, for up to 8 hours, maybe longer if I'm not busy.
No.
Perhaps my reasons are a little cliché, but I want it, because I want to at least make a little difference, I enjoy the forums, and spend a great deal of time there, and I want to make them better.
I also love helping people, and want to help out as much as I can.

Shep
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet

Post by Shep » 13 Mar 2016, 00:15

Forum Moderators' tasks:
* Monitor inappropriate topics and posts in your forum
* Move off topic threads to the right forum

To apply, please answer the following questions:
1. Guidance and Counseling, Forum Games, Random

2. Dat booty; I have developed a bit of a management style for those that work underneath me. Or at least did when I had those positions. "Monitor results not activities" Basically what that means from my point of view is that my job as a moderator is to monitor. And my style would be reserved. I'm not going to be actively hunting for topics and posts to enforce my will on the masses. I'm going to let activities in my realm slide and be relatively lax or lenient in punishment unless those activities result in any serious disturbance. Like, I don't care if you're on your phone at work so long as your work is getting done. As soon as it isn't getting done and you're on your phone we have a problem. I don't care if you go off topic for a few posts but if that snowballs into pages of off topic then yes we have a problem.

3. For the time being I've been around almost daily. Depending on what I'm doing sometimes I have the extra time to spend on the interweebs and apart from memes, facebook, and skype there is here.

4. Years ago, But like with Job applications I usually don't even acknowledge I had previous jobs before 2014. Because it's like I'm mostly a different person and past employers don't really have a good grasp of the current me.

5. I would say I'm entirely uncomfortable with the prospect of this. But I know something from recent experience is that some things I don't want to do or fear doing have lead to some experiences where the vast majority have been overwhelmingly positive. So if I don't want to do this. Then I'm going to try. And based on a recent track record I'd say it'll have good results.

Lisica
Anispace Apprentice
Anispace Apprentice

Post by Lisica » 13 Mar 2016, 17:13

1. What forum do you want to be a moderator
(max 3 forums, and none of the individual anime sections)?

Preferably either Video Games or Visual Arts!

Video Games: I pretty much dedicate my life to video games.
I've been a gamer since I was really little & my undying love for them
has yet to burn out. I'd love to be able to keep up with gaming news
and maybe help clean up the thread a bit.

Visual Arts: If there's one thing I'm known for on this site, it's
my editing. I'd love to be a part of the Visual Arts forum, especially
because it would help me connect with other editors and encourage
others' work.

I'm usually on every day, however this past month has been lacking
due to exams and prepping for vacation.

No, however I've been admin of Tumblr pages/rp groups -- if that
counts for anything?

Well, why not? I think it would be fun! I'd be able to actually do
something instead of just changing my page every day and talking to
people. It's nice to have a sense of responsibility, I guess. Anispace
has always been dear to me one way or another and I'd like to
contribute to it.
Tyrant wrote:I KNOW YOU'RE A FOX IRL

Agameru

Post by Agameru » 14 Mar 2016, 19:47

General discussion. Video games. General discussion.

I'm no stranger to this community or Oreh's antics. Flexibility, tolerance, I'm proficient. I get it done. And, more importantly, you need at least one moderator with charisma.

Enough.

Yes.

By now most of you are convinced that i'm not taking this seriously due to my lack of wishy washy nonsense. I want the position because i'm not certain anyone else knows what they're doing at this point. I know how your team dynamic works. Use this to your benefit.

Furtim
Anispace Cadet
Anispace Cadet

Post by Furtim » 14 Mar 2016, 20:20

I'd love to be a moderator of the Video game section due to my passion for video games. Although my motivation to play any type of game has died down a bit but I do find joy in them while also gather more information on them.

As stated above I'm an extreme gamer who cannot seal his passion for gaming, which could leave me to being a perfectionist while lurking out new ways to improve the gaming section while updating it as much as I can.

I spend a decent amount on Anispace; but do to the fact that I'm still in College I can't remain on Anispace for long periods of times; though I'm able to lurk through the forums.

I have a large amount of knowledge when it comes to be either a moderator or an Admin. I started out being a moderator on a minecraft server. And which lead me to learning the wrongs and rights of what to do as a moderator. I've learned how to handle certain situations, and how to maintain peace in a community. Despite being straight forward which leads me looking mean. I also got recruited to be a mod on a gaming site I can barely remember the name of it, but my moderator status held for six months before I took my leave. This was when I started out in High school.

Honesty? I love video games and being a moderator of a Video gaming forum would be absolutely perfect since I'm the type of person to read many different articles about a large variety of games.

Forgive me if this is sloppy. It's hella late here and I'm exhausted.

Hime
Anispace Beginner

Post by Hime » 17 Mar 2016, 22:15

General discussion, Random, Forum Games
But i'd moderate any place you'd want me honestly.

I know right from wrong and i'm very determined and ambitious when it comes to my job. I know what to do after watching the mods and I really want to make a difference for the site. I would listen to both sides of the story and based off that decide how to handle things. I'm not biased at all and don't get my job mixed with my work. I think I could make a difference and I want to make the forums more fun for all.

As much time as I can. At least 3 hours a day though im mostly on my phone, watching the forums for whats going on.

No, but I get the gist of what to do.

Because I want to help clean the site and I really want to try to make it a more fun place. I want to be able to make a difference.

OrehCursor
Global moderators
Global moderators

Post by OrehCursor » 18 Mar 2016, 14:56

Thank you for applications! This thread is now locked- Mods will continue to evaluate applications but we do not have a fixed announced date. In the mean time, keep an eye on the Hot Seat! Every day 3 mod applicants will be picked at random to answer questions (hopefully important ones...) so show your support and ask them questions that will help with evaluation!
The winner is the most adaptive one.